• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Ballot-Harvesting In Minnesota!

Who do you want to be indicted?

Me? I'll be happy with honest politicians not using illegal, immoral, unethical or corrupt means to get their end. Unfortunately, the Dems don't have any such politicians.
Neither do the republicans.

Really?

Then it should be real easy for you to pick one of them and tell us where it was deceptively edited.... If you can't manage that, then how about you link to any website that has done it? Surely there are dozens of left leaning websites that have shown this deceptive editing you claim exists.

I know you'll dismiss any evidence out of hand, but this is about just one of his videos.

Isn't Project Veritas known for deceptively editing videos?

Literally every single thing they've ever put out has been proven fraudulent in that fashion, yes.

You're a big boy... Watch the video and see for yourself.

Why? How many times do they need to get caught deceiving you before you stop listening to them?

Whatever you think about PV as the source, this is more than enough to initiate an investigation. I think the Left knows Omar is shady af

I know you'll dismiss any evidence out of hand, but this is about just one of his videos.

I welcome any critique of his videos... I just read the article you posted and it didn't uncover any edit that was made that resulted in the misrepresenting of anyone's views. For example this quote from the article:

"I want to look at that last scene, because it was the most incendiary, so I went back to the full video. Does it let Schiller off the hook? Not in my viewing, but it does change his comments, introduces room for interpretation–and suggests that O’Keefe left the context out so as to make the quote sound as bad as possible."

After examining another edited portion, the author had this to say:

" That last part is on the tape, and no one made Schiller say it. Whether you agree with it or believe he’s lumping economic, small-government Tea Partiers with Evangelical Christians, the fact that he’s offering this political speech while representing NPR would probably be enough to get him in hot water. "

The author then asks key questions, including this one:

"Does that mean Schiller was framed-up by the editing alone? No. What he said in context–the “evangelical” comment, the “educated” discussion (bolstered by his approbation of wealthy non-TP conservatives in Aspen), the Tea Party comments in total–would, I suspect, have lit up the blogosphere and started the chain of sacrifices at beleaguered NPR regardless. If I try to imagine myself in the place of a Tea Party activist watching the full footage, I’m still hearing an NPR executive who looks down on me. (That says nothing about NPR’s actual editorial staff, but then again neither does the edited tape.)"​

He went on to say:

" But O’Keefe then edited his tape for maximum partisan advantage, to push hot buttons as as hard as he could and make Schiller and NPR look as unambiguously bad as possible. "

What I got from this article is that the video edits didn't misrepresent or change the meaning of anything that was said. What it did conclude was that the edited video included as much of the derogatory parts as possible. That says that the video was partisan, but not dishonest.

Trump is right! They're cheating!

Surely this kind of shenanigan is also happening elsewhere. Democrats are desperate! The REAL polls must be projecting Trump's win!
If this is true and the facts are provided, I wouldn't expect it to drop for a few weeks. The closer to election day the worse for Biden, no time to recover.

So Okeafe has supposedly had all of this alleged "evidence" of voter fraud crime since early July and he has not turned any of it over to the Election and Justice authorities in Minnesota so they can investigate the allegations? Instead he is sitting on it until politically opportune times? Well it looks like just more of there being no there there in one of project vertass's supposed exposes. Too funny.
You mean you think it would be wrong to wait until the most opportune moment to reveal "dirt" on a candidate? LOL.

Why? How many times do they need to get caught deceiving you before you stop listening to them?

When were they caught deceiving anyone?

Please post any video that through deceptive editing, has resulted in the misrepresentation of what a person said?

Ballot harvesting is legal in Minnesota... Despite the GOP efforts to block it...

/ Thread. ^^^

A FoxNews article no less....too funny. lol

When were they caught deceiving anyone?

Please post any video that through deceptive editing, has resulted in the misrepresentation of what a person said?

Ummm....it's legal to ballot harvest in Minnesota.

O'Keefe's dog meat video failed to mention that...which is considered deceptive editing.

O'Keefe's dog meat video failed to mention that...which is considered deceptive editing.
It's legal to return three ballots under special circumstances per election. He had 300 in his car on a single day. No, not legal.

Did he say "ballot harvesting is illegal" or did he say he found "Illegal ballot harvesting"?

Is voter fraud legal in Minnesota? Because voter fraud is what his video is depicting.

And one more thing....

designating an agent who shall deliver in person the sealed envelope to the county auditor or municipal clerk from whom the ballots were received. An agent shall be at least 18 years old. No individual may be designated as the agent of more than three absent voters in any one election.

Did he say "ballot harvesting is illegal" or did he say he found "Illegal ballot harvesting"?

Is voter fraud legal in Minnesota? Because voter fraud is what his video is depicting.

A Minnesota judge said ballot harvesting was legal. I didn't see where the video mentioned that....but if you did, then show me where.

And one more thing....

designating an agent who shall deliver in person the sealed envelope to the county auditor or municipal clerk from whom the ballots were received. An agent shall be at least 18 years old. No individual may be designated as the agent of more than three absent voters in any one election.

In July, a judge ruled that ballot harvesting without a cap was legal. Republicans appealed and on Sept. 9th, a MN SC judge ruled that ballot harvesting was legal but with a three absentee ballot cap. So the question is...when were the ballots in the video harvested? Not sure, but I think the video mentioned August.

If those were in fact real ballots in the video...they were very poorly handled...so poorly handled in fact, that it kinda makes me think they were fake ballots. It would be good to see what an official MN ballot envelope looks like to compare...

vote_by_mail.jpg

20200403-New-Ballot-Envelope-MN-04.jpg

...and none of the envelopes in the video looked like that. Not one.

In July, a judge ruled that ballot harvesting without a cap was legal. Republicans appealed and on Sept. 9th, a MN SC judge ruled that ballot harvesting was legal but with a three absentee ballot cap. So the question is...when were the ballots in the video harvested? Not sure, but I think the video mentioned August.

If those were in fact real ballots in the video...they were very poorly handled...so poorly handled in fact, that it kinda makes me think they were fake ballots. It would be good to see what an official MN ballot envelope looks like to compare...

vote_by_mail.jpg

20200403-New-Ballot-Envelope-MN-04.jpg

...and none of the envelopes in the video looked like that. Not one.
The video was from July 1st. The injuction was July 28th. It was illegal.

Is that your excuse for the actions in Minnesota?

"Neither do the republicans."
I don't have an excuse for the actions in Minnesota. I'm not defending anybody. Just making a comment on another or your asinine statements

Trump is right! They're cheating!

Surely this kind of shenanigan is also happening elsewhere. Democrats are desperate! The REAL polls must be projecting Trump's win!

Trump is not right. Trump has no clue what is happening with American Elections.

That truth telling out of the way I would like to know who this "They're cheating!" is and what alleged cheating is happening that "They're" engaging in?

Please, do explain what cheating has taken place?

What specific Minnesota codes have been violated and what specific Charges have been proffered and to whom?

What Federal codes have been violated and what specific Charges have been proffered and to whom?

Thanks in advance!

A second video now?

Second O'Keefe Video Drops: Alleged Cash-For-Ballot Transaction Caught On Tape, Ilhan Omar Accused Of Direct Involvement

Update (2338ET): Following an appearance on Fox News' "Hannity," James O'Keefe released a second ballot-harvesting video featuring an apparent purchase of a ballot from a Somali resident of Minnesota.

The video then features several allegations made by local Somalis regarding the alleged scheme - including Rep. Ilhan Omar's direct involvement.

She's [Ilhan Omar] the one who came up with all this [pay-for-vote],” said one source who added. “She's [Ilhan Omar] the one, somehow. Nobody knew, but, yeah, this is something like new with Ilhan [Omar].”
Jamal Omar said cash for votes is an open secret in Minneapolis. "The techniques that he [Ali Isse] uses to exchange money for vote -- that's not a secret. It's, it's open, and everybody knows about it," he said. “$200, $300 per ballot received!” -Project Veritas

Typical Trump haters in this thread.

When presented with evidence of illegal action against one of their own, their only response is that the person presenting the evidence is not credible.

They don't give a damn about the illegal action. That's stuff is okay.

The ends justify any means no matter how illegal, immoral, unethical or corrupt.

What illegal action in Minnesota was reported to authorities regarding election code lawbreaking so that charges could be made against the illegal actors?

What Minnesota or Federal Election Codes were proven to have been violated and who has been charged with those crimes?

What evidence was presented to the Election Fraud Division of the Minnesota Secretary of State so that State investigations and prosecutions if needed be pursued?

I am not a Trump hater, as I have often said though I LOATHE the fact that he is my-our ersatz president, but I have no hate for the man.

Trump is intentionally attempting to interfere in this November's General Election via his fact less political rhetoric. He is engaged is some ignorant attempt to throw chaos bombs at voting by mail balloting. He is lying about voting by mail procedures. He is taking insignificant anecdotal tidbits about voting and spinning tall tales of nonexistent corruption and wrong doing.

Even his own special commission on alleged voting fraud couldn't even remotely begin to show any evidence at all of his still being repeated fake claim that millions of illegals voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016.

He is a liar. He is clueless how our elections are conducted across this nation.

No. I don't hate Trump. But I do loathe the damage he has sewn across this great Nation of ours.

He could drop a thousand videos into Right Wing Media outlets, of "alleged" wrongdoing, but what evidence of criminal activity is he dropping into the laps of local, State and Federal Election Authorities?

If he has evidence of crimes being committed then he needs to be handing that evidence over to the proper authorities, not showing it to Lumpy or dumping it on Breitbart.

Back
Top Bottom