• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bahrain beats fake Togo team 3-0

RightinNYC

Girthless
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Last week, Bahrain hosted Togo in a friendly, beating them 3-0. Then Togo's soccer federation said they hadn't actually sent their national team, and they didn't know who Bahrain had just played.

Bahrain's coach complained about the match immediately afterward, saying the Togo team "were not fit enough to play 90 minutes." Allegations quickly sprung up that a fake agent had booked the match, and sold it to Bahrain's soccer federation.

Now Togo's sports minister says the players belonged to a "mafia group." Wonderful.

Who Is Pretending To Be The Togo Soccer Team?

Amazing.

Yea read this a few days ago and laughed my ass off.

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what I found funny was

Bahrain's coach complained about the match immediately afterward, saying the Togo team "were not fit enough to play 90 minutes."

and yet his side only beat them 3-0. :rofl:

Last edited:
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what I found funny was

and yet his side only beat them 3-0. :rofl:

Yeah but that's like 4 touchdowns in American football. :2razz:

Yeah but that's like 4 touchdowns in American football. :2razz:

bah, I have been to futbol games where teams got whupped 8-2, 6-0, etc. So if this fake team was so lousy and Bahrain could only beat them 3-0, that speaks volumes about the quality of Bahrian's team.

bah, I have been to futbol games where teams got whupped 8-2, 6-0, etc. So if this fake team was so lousy and Bahrain could only beat them 3-0, that speaks volumes about the quality of Bahrian's team.
Well, really, there's no indication that the fake team was lousy - only that they were fake.

Well, really, there's no indication that the fake team was lousy - only that they were fake.

the Bahrain coach claimed they were so out of shape they were not fit to play 90 minutes. pretty damn good indication they were lousy. that's what made it so damned funny.

scammed by a fake team made up of out of shape gits who can't play 90 minutes and you only beat them 3-0

amazing- how come they didnt check? they set it up themselves with an insider.

3 goals is all they could muster against a motely crew of ringers? :rofl

the Bahrain coach claimed they were so out of shape they were not fit to play 90 minutes. pretty damn good indication they were lousy. that's what made it so damned funny.

scammed by a fake team made up of out of shape gits who can't play 90 minutes and you only beat them 3-0
Oh...My bad.

Yeah, but if memory serves, Bahrain was one match away from qualifying for each of the last two FIFA World Cup finals... and if they are Togolese players (no one knows), there are some very good players in Togo...

Yea read this a few days ago and laughed my ass off.

You and me both... unbelievable... and supposedly FIFA recognized the result initially... though the match report has since been removed...

Since the tragedy at the African Cup of Nations in Angola, the Togolese team has been in real disarray...

This match was allegedly on Sept. 7...But Togo had a continental qualifier on Sept. 4 (lost to Botswana!) 2-1. Not unusual to have two international matches in close succession like this, but this is totally bizarre...

Back
Top Bottom