• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bag Man

Middle_Ground

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Has anyone listened to this podcast?
It's by Rachel Maddow and its mostly about Agnew Nixons VP.

I was on a long drive today and was looking for something to listen to I listened to all 6 episodes.

What I found most interesting of the whole thing was the words being used by the Republican party and the supporters.
They are eerily similar to today.
The women were bringing their own tape recorders(the size of today's lap top) to Agnew speeches because they didnt believe the media would report accurately. The cult like worship of criminals was crazy during the early 70's.
Listening to the prosecutors tear up and get emotional was another interesting take on that whole era.
Anyway it was interesting for me as I was a child and didn't really know anything about the time.

I was on a long drive today and was looking for something to listen to I listened to all 6 episodes.

What I found most interesting of the whole thing was the words being used by the Republican party and the supporters.
The women were bringing their own tape recorders(the size of today's lap top) to Agnew speeches because they didnt believe the media would report accurately. The cult like worship of criminals was crazy during the early 70's.
Listening to the prosecutors tear up and get emotional was another interesting take on that whole era.
Anyway it was interesting for me as I was a child and didn't really know anything about the time.

Elliot Richardson...that is about all you have to say about Agnew/Nixon. The courage it took for him to manage that balancing act is something hard to imagine today though the slimy slithery creatures of DC on full display then are back in full flower again today. Is Rosenstein another Richardson? Don't know.....haven't decided yet. Whittaker is obviously sludge. If Whittaker is bent back toward actual Justice it will be to save his career. He might be just too young to sell out completely.

It's a very good podcast. Maddow heard and talked highly of the slowburn podcast about watergate (the best podcast I've had the pleasure of listening to) and I think it made her want to make one. Very well done.

And yes, the similarities from both of the podcasts are scary crazy to today.

Elliot Richardson...that is about all you have to say about Agnew/Nixon. The courage it took for him to manage that balancing act is something hard to imagine today though the slimy slithery creatures of DC on full display then are back in full flower again today. Is Rosenstein another Richardson? Don't know.....haven't decided yet. Whittaker is obviously sludge. If Whittaker is bent back toward actual Justice it will be to save his career. He might be just too young to sell out completely.

Yeah they discussed the courage it took him to let the cases develop although he had pressure from everywhere.
I don't have an opinion either way with Rosenstein but it was interesting that he spoke about him in January 2017.
Who knows at this point?

It's a very good podcast. Maddow heard and talked highly of the slowburn podcast about watergate (the best podcast I've had the pleasure of listening to) and I think it made her want to make one. Very well done.

And yes, the similarities from both of the podcasts are scary crazy to today.

Slow burn...thanks I'll load that up for my next road trip.
The coincidences are eerily similar.

In general terms, the rhetoric of politicians changes very little. They excel in telling people what they think the people want to hear.

For example: I'm tough on crime. I'm for war. My opponent is dangerous.

Slow burn...thanks I'll load that up for my next road trip.
The coincidences are eerily similar.

If you like Bag Man you'll love slow burn. The editing and narration are just superb, not to mention the absolutely amazing information presented.

Back
Top Bottom