• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bad Movie Descriptions

"Romance is in the air. A man is accused of rape, humiliated, arrested for theft, shot at, and dies horribly. His girlfriend, who turns out to be in possession of the item he's accused of stealing, eventually throws it away with a smile on her face."

Hardened young entrepreneur introduces a friend to his rivals.

Hint: It was performed on stage before it was a movie

Honestly, I got a laugh out of my description, but a lot of people probably haven't seen this movie, let alone seen it on stage.

OK, I'll just give you all the answer to this one:

Oklahoma!

"Romance is in the air. A man is accused of rape, humiliated, arrested for theft, shot at, and dies horribly. His girlfriend, who turns out to be in possession of the item he's accused of stealing, eventually throws it away with a smile on her face."
Titanic

Hardened young entrepreneur introduces a friend to his rivals.
Men in Black?

Scarface?

"Romance is still in the air. After narrowly escaping death, a woman with an overbearing father makes a deal with a crime boss to seduce a wealthy bachelor. She fails at her task and is held for ransom, but is rescued when the bachelor stabs the crime boss to death."

Men in Black?

Scarface?

"Romance is still in the air. After narrowly escaping death, a woman with an overbearing father makes a deal with a crime boss to seduce a wealthy bachelor. She fails at her task and is held for ransom, but is rescued when the bachelor stabs the crime boss to death."
Well done - Scarface

"With his position of power in jeopardy, a local law enforcement officer plots to run an upstart newcomer out of town. After he succeeds, he's accused of murder and must rescue the upstart from a ruthless killer to prove his innocence."

Privileged white lady really hates her money and status, rebels by posing nude for low class artist boytoy, but leaves him out in the cold when disaster strikes and years later carelessly discards priceless jewelry just to show she really doesn't give a f*** about money.

"Struggling writer staying in rural Colorado's largest residence just can't hack it with his family... until he can."

The Shining

Mary Poppins saves seven children from Nazis with the help of some nuns.

"Donald and Daffy join a gym and join the WWE as a tag team"

Privileged white lady really hates her money and status, rebels by posing nude for low class artist boytoy, but leaves him out in the cold when disaster strikes and years later carelessly discards priceless jewelry just to show she really doesn't give a f*** about money.

Titanic, but COTO already did this one.

Mary Poppins saves seven children from Nazis with the help of some nuns.

The Sound of Music.

Men sacrifice three to find one.

"A bunch of singers get a friend to break into their old home to steal back a family heirloom from a cranky squatter."

"With his position of power in jeopardy, a local law enforcement officer plots to run an upstart newcomer out of town. After he succeeds, he's accused of murder and must rescue the upstart from a ruthless killer to prove his innocence."
I'll update these to make them a little more obvious.

"A short bunch of singers get a friend to break into their old home to steal back a family heirloom from a very large cranky squatter."

"With his position of power in jeopardy, a local sheriff plots to run an upstart newcomer out of town. After he succeeds, he's accused of murder and must rescue the upstart from a sadistic child to prove his innocence."

Saving Private Ryan
I thought of that, but it seemed to me there were more than three who died of the team that set out in their quest to locate Pvt Ryan.

I thought of that, but it seemed to me there were more than three who died of the team that set out in their quest to locate Pvt Ryan.
You're probably right. I saw the movie decades ago. I was a wild guess.

An elderly con artist tries to land his last big score by trying to convince his kind grandson into committing industrial espionage on his behalf.

Three grave robbers continually one-up each other on an epic trek to the cemetery.

Three in the squad of eight. There were others who died in the mission.

Three in the squad of eight. There were others who died in the mission.
So you're separating those who died before they found Ryan from those who died after? Okay.

So you're separating those who died before they found Ryan from those who died after? Okay.

Among the squad. The OP said to incorrectly describe a movie.

Three grave robbers continually one-up each other on an epic trek to the cemetery.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

An alien lands, makes friends, and leaves.

Back
Top Bottom