• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bad Movie Descriptions

Mr Person

A Little Bitter
Suspended
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Who knows if this will fly. The idea is to incorrectly describe a movie in a way that people can still guess which movie it is. And then, I guess, come up with your own. I'm not sure what should happen with incorrect guesses.

ie, "Philosophical rebels discuss whether box can be used as artificial womb." to describe Monty Python: The Life of Brian (re: one of the early scenes in which Stan announces she is now Loretta).

So, to start: Enterprising young men stage daring rescue and return of lady's lost baggage.

Who knows if this will fly. The idea is to incorrectly describe a movie in a way that people can still guess which movie it is. And then, I guess, come up with your own. I'm not sure what should happen with incorrect guesses.

ie, "Philosophical rebels discuss whether box can be used as artificial womb." to describe Monty Python: The Life of Brian (re: one of the early scenes in which Stan announces she is now Loretta).

So, to start: Enterprising young men stage daring rescue and return of lady's lost baggage.
Dumb and Dumber. I'll see if I can come up with one.

Intrepid traveler seeks donations to the coast guard youth auxiliary fund.

Young girl runs away to kill, and then gets a group of 3 followers so she can go kill again.

Four legged mammal escapes harm repeatedly from a suicidal madman in rural PA.

Rural town to terrorized by Incel violence.

Lesser-evolved chickens chase an old bone doctor and his boss' bratty kids.

Three guys' ride gets wrecked during a loooooooong road trip and the whole world cheers when they eventually crash it into the ocean.

Three guys' ride gets wrecked during a loooooooong road trip and the whole world cheers when they eventually crash it into the ocean.
Apollo 13.

Big man cures a man's sexual problems before getting zapped.

These are hard. I'm wondering how many of them are for movies I simply haven't seen. :unsure:

"Struggling writer staying in rural Colorado's largest residence just can't hack it with his family... until he can."

"Man fleeing terrorists drives -525,960 hours per mile for half a mile and staves off the incestuous advances of his mother."

Apollo 13.

Big man cures a man's sexual problems before getting zapped.

The Green Mile

Rural town is terrorized by Incel violence.

Last edited:
These are hard. I'm wondering how many of them are for movies I simply haven't seen. :unsure:

"Struggling writer staying in rural Colorado's largest residence just can't hack it with his family... until he can."

The Shining

"Man fleeing terrorists drives -525,960 hours per mile for half a mile and staves off the incestuous advances of his mother."
Ha ha. Same as mine in post#3. Mine was definitely a more obscure reference :)

"A bunch of singers get a friend to break into their old home to steal back a family heirloom from a cranky squatter."

Man attacks birds with vehicle, then parks in the river.

A man embarks on a dangerous 300 mile journey on foot with the help of friends to dispose of jewelry inherited from uncle.

Man attacks birds with vehicle, then parks in the river.
Sully

Can you guess mine?
I've been thinking maybe "Deliverance", "Beetlejuice", "Tremors", "The Blair Witch Project", or "Cujo", although none of these is a great fit.

A man embarks on a dangerous 300 mile journey on foot with the help of friends to dispose of jewelry inherited from uncle.
The Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Ring

Reactions: lwf
Sully

I've been thinking maybe "Deliverance", "Beetlejuice", "Tremors", "The Blair Witch Project", or "Cujo", although none of these is a great fit.

The Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Ring

Hint: It was performed on stage before it was a movie

Honestly, I got a laugh out of my description, but a lot of people probably haven't seen this movie, let alone seen it on stage.

Back to the Future

"Escaped from his parents' custody, a charming young sadist tortures two hardworking men just before Christmas."

Back
Top Bottom