• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bad day for the Prosecution in Chauvin trial

I mean , everyone's days are numbered but are you seriously calling for some sort of vigilante "justice" if the actual justice system doesn't go the way YOU think it should?

That is sad.

Not calling for or condoning, just predicting.

And If it happens I will shed no tears.

Sometimes street justice works...

Blacks, too, are sick of the divisive tactics of the Marxist left. I know I am. It hurts us more that it hurts you It causes people to resent us. And that is the whole goal. It’s not to help the black man. Why don’t you people see that?
Which Marxists and what "divisive tactics"; those in your fevered imagination?

I mean , everyone's days are numbered but are you seriously calling for some sort of vigilante "justice" if the actual justice system doesn't go the way YOU think it should?

That is sad.

And If it happens I will shed no tears...

Sometimes street justice work..

And If it happens I will shed no tears.

Sometimes street justice works...

Street justice is not the rule of law. Its now nice to see what you really think, despite not "Condoning" riots or street justice.

Or back and shoulder blades ...
Again, more of a contributing factor.

Far too many of you have this guy convicted already.
I'm not a court of law. I don't have to be unbiased. I don't have to view all of the evidence before I make my judgement.

That said, I think the video is pretty clear... As were the parade of police officers that made it clear that the tactics Chauvin used were unacceptable.

Street justice is not the rule of law. Its now nice to see what you really think, despite not "Condoning" riots or street justice.
If your daughters boyfriend beat her near death would you want two dozen lawyers dealing with it???

Me I would take him for a short swim in a long river...

But I'm old school...

If your daughters boyfriend beat her near death would you want two dozen lawyers dealing with it???

But I'm old school...

Fictional cases where you setup the parameters, typical fallacy. Based on THIS case, based on real evidence.

From what I've read so far, the prosecution isn't doing a very good job. For those of you who care to be unbiased, go to https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/...-ate-too-many-drugs-video-may-be-game-changer
and read the article written by a trial lawyer who specializes in the use of force. He gives some pretty strong arguments for the prosecution's incompetence.
Based on what I have seen so far, there is a good argument for a not guilty verdict. Heck, the prosecution didn't even want to include manslaughter in their charges, the judge had to order it included, but now that's what the prosecution is going for...

I'm not a court of law. I don't have to be unbiased. I don't have to view all of the evidence before I make my judgement.

That said, I think the video is pretty clear... As were the parade of police officers that made it clear that the tactics Chauvin used were unacceptable.

This current expert is very good.
Anyone who has ever wrestled knows what he is talking about, trying to move your body in order to breath...

Then Nelson scored what many may perceive to be an important point, albeit I’m rather ambivalent about this one. Nelson played a short piece of video in which Floyd is prone on the street, and speaking in his muttering fashion.

What’s Floyd saying there, asked Nelson? Is he saying “I ate too many drugs”? Stiger answers he can’t tell.

No worries, Nelson is happy to play it again for Stiger. And the jury.

Stiger is still unsure if that’s what Floyd was saying, and Nelson lets it go—but the jury has heard the suggestion.

Later in the day, with a different witness, BCA Special Agent Reyerson, whose testimony I won’t spend much time on because it was so boring, Nelson would play the same video, and ask the same question. This time, the witness will agree—yes, Reyerson answers, it sounds like “I ate too many drugs” to m

Ka. Boom.

So damaging was this Reyerson testimony for the state that they actually re-called Reyerson as a witness for the sole reason of having him listen again, and give a different answer. Oh, now, says Reyerson the second, now it sounds like “I didn’t take no drugs.”

Well, OK. As I said, I’m ambivalent about Floyd’s statement on the merits, because I sure can’t understand what he’s actually saying. Although it must be said Nelson’s version will certainly appear reasonable to a jury that’s been exposed to the toxicology report on Floyd.

But in terms of legal strategy by the defense, this was brilliant. Not only did Nelson plant that seed in the jury’s mind that Floyd had eaten too many drugs and knew it, he got to play the audio for Stiger not once, but twice.

And then again a third time, for Reyerson.

And then the state itself played it for the jury a fourth time!

Amazing.
Maybe they played it four times because you still don't have what they say he said. "I ain't do no drugs" Listen to the entire tape, police asked if he did drugs...

Yeah I don't condone riots either but l don't condone tornados either, but they happen, always have, always will...

But I'm old school...

I am too and likely would have the same reaction.
Except I wouldn't be posting about how I think his conviction should go. And If I was caught I would take whatever the justice system deigned to do to me.

In other words, I am a fan of the rule of law.

Another bad prosecution witness
"My favorite witness — and the media’s favorite, too! — was Genevieve Hansen, Feminist Hero. She appeared in court in her firefighter dress uniform and a belligerent mood — though not as belligerent as the day Floyd died, when she showed up in sweats and began shrieking at the officers.

The headlines are along the lines of “Firefighter: I Could Have Saved Floyd’s Life, But Police Wouldn’t Let Me.”

Yes, apparently, Genevieve would have invented a time machine, gone back, and stopped Floyd from ingesting three times the lethal dose of fentanyl. I take it back: Chubby girls make the best firefighters! (Don’t get snippy with me: It’s beyond outrageous that fire departments have abandoned all physical fitness requirements solely in order to hire more women.)

According to Genevieve, the police on the scene unaccountably refused to step aside and take direction from her, despite her full ONE YEAR of experience as a firefighter.

Genevieve was totally on top of the situation. In her statement to investigators shortly after the event, she described Floyd as a “small, slim man.” Floyd was at least 6-foot-4 and weighed 230 pounds. The largest police officer on the scene was Chauvin, coming in at 5-foot-9 and 140 pounds. Genevieve missed nothing!

Even in the calm setting of a courtroom, with no agitated bystanders yelling at her, here are the things Genevieve says she would have done to save Floyd’s life!

In order:

1. “I would have requested additional help.”
  2. “I would have wanted someone to call 911.”
3. “I would have asked someone to run to the gas station and look for an AED [a defibrillator].

Why didn’t the officers think to call for medical backup??? Oh yeah, they already had. Twice. Starting about 10 minutes before Genevieve even showed up.

1. “I would have checked his airway.”
  2. “I would have been worried about a spinal cord injury.”

Why didn’t the officers think to call for medical backup??? Oh yeah, they already had. Twice. Starting about 10 minutes before Genevieve even showed up.

1. “I would have checked his airway.”
  2. “I would have been worried about a spinal cord injury.”

As we know from the autopsy, there was no problem with Floyd’s airway or spinal cord. (But, as long as you bring it up, his body did contain three times the lethal dose of fentanyl.)

1. “I would have checked for a pulse.”

Eureka! Why didn’t — oh wait, the officers had done this, repeatedly, as several bystander witnesses had already confirmed.

By now, Floyd was dead. That’s when she would have started chest compressions.

So Genevieve, the state’s star witness on what the cops did wrong, testified that she would have done pretty much everything the officers did. But she would have been a lot bossier about it.

As much as Genevieve’s one year with the fire department made her an expert on when a police officer should begin chest compressions, the Minneapolis Police Department’s own experts directly contradicted her this week. These were, again, prosecution witnesses."
Really funny (and pathetic) that you’re so easily triggered by a strong, confident woman. :LOL:

As for the actual case being discussed -
1. Floyd was an opioid addict. What may be considered a lethal dose for someone that hasn’t used opioids would not necessarily be a lethal dose for an addict. As can be seen in the videos of the entire event, Floyd clearly was walking and speaking coherently.

2. The largest officer present was not 5’ 9” Chauvin. Not even close. The largest officer present was 6’ 5” Thomas Lane.

3. The condition of Floyd’s spine is completely irrelevant in considering the cause of his death. And “no problem with Floyd’s airway” is so vague as to be a useless assertion.

Multiple experts have already clearly stated that an absence of visible trauma to Floyd’s neck, internally or externally, does not, at all, indicate that he was not killed by hypoxia/asphyxiation.

Spend more time getting your facts straight and less time being triggered.

Then you'd be ok, if based upon all the evidence, coming back with a not guilty verdict with the same vigor as you have had convicting this guy in your mind?

Then you'd be ok with them coming back with a not guilty verdict with the same vigor as you have had convicting this guy in your mind?
I believe in the principle that 10 guilty people should go free rather than 1 innocent person punished. That applies even to a shitbag like Chauvin.

I think the difference that i was calling to your attention is that you WERE condoning it for him.

No just predicting and not really caring what happens to him.

I used to believe in karma but I watched one of the best person in, , the world die a slow and painful death and one of the worst people in the world to become president, I have lost any hope I ever had...

Really funny (and pathetic) that you’re so easily triggered by a strong, confident woman. :LOL:

Yeah that little blivit really threatens me!
(Guffaw)

3. The condition of Floyd’s spine is completely irrelevant in considering the cause of his death.
Of course that's what the prosecution alleges.
We'll see what the defense does with that .

R

Multiple experts have already clearly stated that an absence of visible trauma to Floyd’s neck, internally or externally, does not, at all, indicate that he was not killed by hypoxia/asphyxiation.
Multiple Prosecution witnesses. We'll see what the defense does wit that.

Now since you are a lw partisan hack , you already had your mind made up before the trial.
I wouldn't be sure the jury consists of all lw partisan hacks.

Multiple Prosecution witnesses. We'll see what the defense does wit that.

Now since you are a lw partisan hack , you already had your mind made up before the trial.
I wouldn't be sure the jury consists of all lw partisan hacks.
:ROFLMAO: You’re the partisan!

Your posts are more about personalities, and irrelevant politics, than the trial.

Maybe they played it four times because you still don't have what they say he said. "I ain't do no drugs" Listen to the entire tape, police asked if he did drugs...
And what difference would it make if he said " ain't do no drugs"?That doesn't help the prosecution's case.

We know he did.

Not to worry. Convicted or not his days on this planet are numbered.

Someone inside or out will end his days.

I will cry for him just as much as I did when I heard of Jeffrey dahlmers death in prison...

Or how hard I cried the day they strapped Ted Bundy into Old Sparky.

Back
Top Bottom