• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bad day for the Prosecution in Chauvin trial

I notice most of the folks who think the police are innocent are also racists so of course the black guy is guilty.

Race card duty noted. Many of us don't think the police are innocent, maybe not of murder, but more manslaughter. Sorry if evidence gets in the way of your agenda.

Race card duty noted. Many of us don't think the police are innocent, maybe not of murder, but more manslaughter. Sorry if evidence gets in the way of your agenda.

He had no reason to kill him once he was on the floor in cuffs.

Right. Because "I ate too many drugs!" makes way more sense for someone to be screaming while being pinned by four police officers than, oh, I don't know, maybe "I ain't do any drugs!"

Even if he said I ain't do no drugs, we know for sure that's a lie.
That doesn't do the prosecution any favors.

I don't think the statement -whatver it was- makes much differend if the ME testifies had a lethal amount of fentanyl in his system.

Let's not forget that both autopsies confirmed that Floyd's death was due to asphyxiation, not from any narcotics in his system.
Well then that seals the deal ,doesn't it?
No sense having the defense question those findings,. That never happens in a trial.

That would be in addition too, not in lieu of...the idea is to use a taser to have George stop resisting arrest so they can subdue him.
OK, so why didn't they if they were in fear for their safety?

No sense having the defense question those findings,. That never happens in a trial.
How is the defense going to question those findings? A third autopsy, maybe, and be embarrassed again?

Oh, lets not forget the Defence has yet to bring their case to refute the autopsy findings. Which in several cases refute each other. One in which the preliminary autopsy which shows a variety of causes that lead to his death. As well as the final autopsy, by the same man, does not find asphyxia as the cause of death.

Oh, lets not forget the Defence has yet to bring their case to refute the autopsy findings. Which in several cases refute each other. One in which the preliminary autopsy which shows a variety of causes that lead to his death. As well as the final autopsy, by the same man, does not find asphyxia as the cause of death.
Nope.

OK, so why didn't they if they were in fear for their safety?

What, two or three additional officers at the scene to help subdue him? Note, doesn't mean they still could not have use of the taser as an option.

Don't pop the champagne just yet.

that is the message here, pretty sick isn't it?
Let's not forget that both autopsies confirmed that Floyd's death was due to asphyxiation, not from any narcotics in his system.

"Then for the first time in my recollection Nelson touched on the fact that the medical examiner found no damage to Floyd’s neck whatever. Wouldn’t you expect damage if the weight place on the neck was substantial. Stiger prudently declined to offer an opinion.

And then Nelson used a little trick we’ve seen him use with other witnesses. That’s fine, he said, I get it. Better for us to ask a doctor that, right? Right, agreed Stiger.

Anybody doubt Nelson has a doctor lined up to say exactly that, and that the jury will perceive that even the state’s own use-of-force expert witness believes that the doctor’s opinion is more credible than the state’s expert?"

OOPS

"Then for the first time in my recollection Nelson touched on the fact that the medical examiner found no damage to Floyd’s neck whatever. Wouldn’t you expect damage if the weight place on the neck was substantial. Stiger prudently declined to offer an opinion.

And then Nelson used a little trick we’ve seen him use with other witnesses. That’s fine, he said, I get it. Better for us to ask a doctor that, right? Right, agreed Stiger.

Anybody doubt Nelson has a doctor lined up to say exactly that, and that the jury will perceive that even the state’s own use-of-force expert witness believes that the doctor’s opinion is more credible than the state’s expert?"

OOPS
So your training in forensic pathology was, when?

Then Nelson scored what many may perceive to be an important point, albeit I’m rather ambivalent about this one. Nelson played a short piece of video in which Floyd is prone on the street, and speaking in his muttering fashion.

What’s Floyd saying there, asked Nelson? Is he saying “I ate too many drugs”? Stiger answers he can’t tell.

No worries, Nelson is happy to play it again for Stiger. And the jury.

Stiger is still unsure if that’s what Floyd was saying, and Nelson lets it go—but the jury has heard the suggestion.

Later in the day, with a different witness, BCA Special Agent Reyerson, whose testimony I won’t spend much time on because it was so boring, Nelson would play the same video, and ask the same question. This time, the witness will agree—yes, Reyerson answers, it sounds like “I ate too many drugs” to m

Ka. Boom.

So damaging was this Reyerson testimony for the state that they actually re-called Reyerson as a witness for the sole reason of having him listen again, and give a different answer. Oh, now, says Reyerson the second, now it sounds like “I didn’t take no drugs.”

Well, OK. As I said, I’m ambivalent about Floyd’s statement on the merits, because I sure can’t understand what he’s actually saying. Although it must be said Nelson’s version will certainly appear reasonable to a jury that’s been exposed to the toxicology report on Floyd.

But in terms of legal strategy by the defense, this was brilliant. Not only did Nelson plant that seed in the jury’s mind that Floyd had eaten too many drugs and knew it, he got to play the audio for Stiger not once, but twice.

And then again a third time, for Reyerson.

And then the state itself played it for the jury a fourth time!

Amazing.
I can't believe you OP Klattu and much less believe how unbelievably wrong you are that this hurts the prosecution.

First of all, Police have been trained to take people that have suffered a possible overdose to take them to the hospital for care to save their lives. The last thing a policeman should do with a person that has already been cuffed and under police control is to continue to use force. Drugged people cannot help themselves and it is the responsibility of a policeman to do what is best (medically speaking) to prevent the man's death from drugs.

There was no threat of personal harm to the policeman from Floyd.

To me, the fact that Floyd stated that he had eaten"too many drugs" is a negative for the defense as that means the policeman knew that he was drugged and didn't care about his health.

Klattu, you always surprise me in a negative way. You often appear to be non-thinking, no common sense, uncaring person. You are doing harm to yourself with these OP's. The only thing you are accomplishing with them, is making yourself look bad.

I don't think the statement -whatver it was- makes much differend if the ME testifies had a lethal amount of fentanyl in his system.
Don't worry. The penalty for killing a black guy will be minimal, even if they jury convicts.

He murdered him on live TV by applying his knee to Floyd's neck until he was dead. And then some.

Then Nelson scored what many may perceive to be an important point, albeit I’m rather ambivalent about this one. Nelson played a short piece of video in which Floyd is prone on the street, and speaking in his muttering fashion.

What’s Floyd saying there, asked Nelson? Is he saying “I ate too many drugs”? Stiger answers he can’t tell.

No worries, Nelson is happy to play it again for Stiger. And the jury.

Stiger is still unsure if that’s what Floyd was saying, and Nelson lets it go—but the jury has heard the suggestion.

Later in the day, with a different witness, BCA Special Agent Reyerson, whose testimony I won’t spend much time on because it was so boring, Nelson would play the same video, and ask the same question. This time, the witness will agree—yes, Reyerson answers, it sounds like “I ate too many drugs” to m

Ka. Boom.

So damaging was this Reyerson testimony for the state that they actually re-called Reyerson as a witness for the sole reason of having him listen again, and give a different answer. Oh, now, says Reyerson the second, now it sounds like “I didn’t take no drugs.”

Well, OK. As I said, I’m ambivalent about Floyd’s statement on the merits, because I sure can’t understand what he’s actually saying. Although it must be said Nelson’s version will certainly appear reasonable to a jury that’s been exposed to the toxicology report on Floyd.

But in terms of legal strategy by the defense, this was brilliant. Not only did Nelson plant that seed in the jury’s mind that Floyd had eaten too many drugs and knew it, he got to play the audio for Stiger not once, but twice.

And then again a third time, for Reyerson.

And then the state itself played it for the jury a fourth time!

Amazing.
What you have to understand is the facts of the case don't matter. In fact, the leftwing puppet masters magnifying this whole episode would be thrilled for an acquittal. Then, more outrage, more riots. Gets us that much closer to the collapse and takeover.

Nope.

Yep, in spades..

But the report released later Monday by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's office said Floyd died of "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression." The manner of death was ruled homicide, but the office noted that "is not a legal determination of culpability or intent." A preliminary autopsy report cited earlier by prosecutors said the county medical examiner's review "revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation."

Preliminary autopsy report:

The report states that there were no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation or strangulation. It also states that Mr. Floyd had some underlying health conditions, including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. Finally, the preliminary autopsy report states that the contributing factors to Mr. Floyd's death are a combination of the restraint by the ex-officer, underlying health conditions, and potential intoxicants. It states that these are likely the cause of death.

Medical Examiners notes on fentanyl found in his system:

"Handwritten notes of a law enforcement interview with Dr. Andrew Baker, the Hennepin County Medical Examiner, say Floyd had 11 ng/mL of fentanyl in his system.

"If he were found dead at home alone and no other apparent causes, this could be acceptable to call an OD. Deaths have been certified with levels of 3," Baker told investigators.

Reasonable doubt all over the place.

What you have to understand is the facts of the case don't matter. In fact, the leftwing puppet masters magnifying this whole episode would be thrilled for an acquittal. Then, more outrage, more riots. Gets us that much closer to the collapse and takeover.
The facts don't matter to you, you mean. By the way, aren't you also black? I seem to recall you telling the forum that you are.

Yep, in spades..

Preliminary autopsy report:

Medical Examiners notes on fentanyl found in his system:

Reasonable doubt all over the place.
Homicide was ruled the cause of death in both cases.

Homicide was ruled the cause of death in both cases.

A finding of homicide doesn't necessarily make it murder and doesn't rule out manslaughter or acquittal. That is determined in a court of law, not an autopsy report.

How is the defense going to question those findings?
DAILY Chuckle
. You're right . It can't be done. The defense never questions ME findings.
I don't know why they wasted time with a trial. The ME said it was homicide and we have the video,

It doesn't do the defense any favors either. Criminals lie all the time while being arrested. That has nothing to do with whether the level of force used was warranted. Seems like every one of Chauvin's fellow officers are testifying that it was not warranted.

And the ME has already determined cause of death: "His death was caused by the police subdual and restraint in the setting of severe hypertensive atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, and methamphetamine and fentanyl intoxication."

Even if Floyd had a lethal amount of fentanyl in his system, and even if that amount would have definitely killed him had he not first been murdered, it doesn't excuse the murder itself.

Back
Top Bottom