• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

bacon wrapped eggs.

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Anyone ever try these? I tried some the other day and they were pretty tasty. Some of the recipes I came across suggest using just raw bacon and others suggest partially cooking it.Some suggest using cheese as well and some the eggs are beaten before they are added to the muffin pan.

Bacon Egg Breakfast Cups | Kirbie's Cravings | A San Diego food blog

IMG_2444-2.jpg

Aren't those one of the seven deadly sins? :wink:

They look tasty.....

I would advise using done but, not crisp bacon. Those eggs will cook a lot quicker.

And yes I would add some cheese...please. :)

Anyone ever try these? I tried some the other day and they were pretty tasty. Some of the recipes I came across suggest using just raw bacon and others suggest partially cooking it.Some suggest using cheese as well and some the eggs are beaten before they are added to the muffin pan.

This may be the greatest thing I have ever read!!

I bought a muffin pan 2 years ago with the intention of actually using it and now.......my pan has meaning!!!!

View attachment 67151594

This looks delicious! I agree with WCH, though: done bacon, not crisp. I may try it, although I've tried baked eggs before and don't like the texture. Very strange, in my opinion.

This looks delicious! I agree with WCH, though: done bacon, not crisp. I may try it, although I've tried baked eggs before and don't like the texture. Very strange, in my opinion.

The best recipe I've found for baked eggs is a spaghetti omelet. You just take leftover spaghetti and dump it into an oven safe skillet or a pie plate, add whatever meat and cheese you like, pour in enough beaten eggs to fill the plate, season to taste and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes (until you can poke it with a fork and it isn't runny). It's a great way to get rid of leftovers.

Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through to eat some bacon (any other ingredients, of course, being necessarially optional in any bacon dish).

I think I'll pass on the artsy-fartsy hoohaa and just fix myself a plate of bacon with a side of bacon.

This may be the greatest thing I have ever read!!

I bought a muffin pan 2 years ago with the intention of actually using it and now.......my pan has meaning!!!!

Make sure I get an invite if your going to be cooking some of those.... :wink:

Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through to eat some bacon (any other ingredients, of course, being necessarially optional in any bacon dish).

I think I'll pass on the artsy-fartsy hoohaa and just fix myself a plate of bacon with a side of bacon.

21-giant-bacon-burger.jpg

37031-better-with-bacon-whEB.jpeg

eggs should not cook as long as bacon cooks

I'd go ahead an preheat the pan as well with the bacon in it before adding the eggs

I saw "bacon wrapped" in my peripheral vision and came in immediately. Looks and sounds delicious.

Just an FYI -

I whipped up a batch of these this morning and they're pretty good. I used beaten egg instead of cracking an egg into each one so they came out looking like little cupcakes.

Stuff I learned -

- if you want them to look like the bacon is wrapped around the egg then cook the bacon flat or it won't fit in the cups right.
- thick cut bacon looks great but regular cut works better
- drain the bacon well. you'll still have some fat render when you bake them but the drier you start the better.

Back
Top Bottom