• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Back When The Real Middle Class Originated

Yeah well the way I see things Obama ended one of two Bush wars and he's well on the way to stopping the other. Damn shame too.....Halliburton, Boeing and General Dynamics will have to find another way to screw taxpayers.

Anybody who doesn't see that Obama inherited a Bush mess after George had just handed the richest financial institutions in the world nearly a trillion dollars, floored the stock market, left with unemployment increasing at over 700,000 jobs a month after he had doubled the national debt from $5.7 trillion dollars to nearly $12 trillion just don't get it.

I might add that Bush was the first U S president in the nation's history to borrow from Communist China. When he left office we were in debt to them for close to a trillion dollars and that's basically the reason we can't deal with them politically now. When you owe somebody a massive debt sometimes you have to pretend a position just to keep them from foreclosing. Shucks Folks.....as one of my old teachers used to say, "It's Time To Put On Your Thinking Caps."

Last edited:
Yeah well the way I see things Obama ended one of two Bush wars and he's well on the way to stopping the other. Damn shame too.....Halliburton, Boeing and General Dynamics will have to find another way to screw taxpayers.

Anybody who doesn't see that Obama inherited a Bush mess after George had just handed the richest financial institutions in the world nearly a trillion dollars, floored the stock market, left with unemployment increasing at over 700,000 jobs a month after he had doubled the national debt from $5.7 trillion dollars to nearly $12 trillion just don't get it.

I might add that Bush was the first U S president in the nation's history to borrow from Communist China. When he left office we were in debt to them for close to a trillion dollars and that's basically the reason we can't deal with them politically now. When you owe somebody a massive debt sometimes you have to pretend a position just to keep them from foreclosing. Shucks Folks.....as one of my old teachers used to say, "It's Time To Put On Your Thinking Caps."

excellent post
when the shrub was sworn in, America was the world's leading creditor nation
by the time he left office, we were the world's major debtor nation

damn Obama!

FDR and Henry Morgenthau admitted by the late 30s that the New Deal had not been a success. Yet some still try to pretend it was. Talk about bitter clingers.

FDR and Henry Morgenthau admitted by the late 30s that the New Deal had not been a success. Yet some still try to pretend it was. Talk about bitter clingers.

share a cite with us, so we can see exactly what they had to say

Norris Dam was completed the year I was born, 1934. Because of the origination of TVA and purchases of hundreds of east TN farms a navigable channel was created and in 1941 many other farms were purchased by the government and Oak Ridge was created as a major part of the Manhattan project. Because of the rural area for the "Secret City" and the massive power generation capability east Tennessee was a logical choice. The first job my dad ever had which produced a regular paycheck was as a timekeeper on Roosevelt's WPA. If we had a Democratic majority in both houses of congress we would already have America back to work:

norris-fdr.gif

I know you will not answer me in an honest way. Still I will try. Do you really believe that only government largesse can create the "middle class"? Also,it is environmentalist extremists,the real powers of the Demographic party that control things. Not blue collar workers. That is why Obama refuses to allow the Keystone pipeline. You are living in a long ago past when Democrats were not extremists. Either you are co-opted are have just checked out I do not know.

excellent post
when the shrub was sworn in, America was the world's leading creditor nation
by the time he left office, we were the world's major debtor nation

damn Obama!

Ain't it the truth. I can't help thinking back to the hundreds of lies told about Saddam Hussein and weapons of mass destruction so Cheney could rake off $25 million from his holdings in Halliburton. Surely a Republican wouldn't be influenced in a decision which would ultimately result in the death of 4500 young Americans while another 35,000 young American men and women were being seriously wounded just for profit.......ya think?

I know you will not answer me in an honest way. Still I will try. Do you really believe that only government largesse can create the "middle class"? Also,it is environmentalist extremists,the real powers of the Demographic party that control things. Not blue collar workers. That is why Obama refuses to allow the Keystone pipeline. You are living in a long ago past when Democrats were not extremists. Either you are co-opted are have just checked out I do not know.

since you are into answering (your own) questions, answer one of mine
that keystone pipeline
why is it found necessary? why does canada not process its own product?

Back
Top Bottom