• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Baby Parts for Sale

vergiss

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
2,356
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Cute, but you can shut up already. Everyone debunked this in the Christmas story thread - even the pro-lifer side admitted it wasn't so.
 

Caine

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
23,344
Reaction score
7,210
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
vergiss said:
Cute, but you can shut up already. Everyone debunked this in the Christmas story thread - even the pro-lifer side admitted it wasn't so.
Which Christmas thread? I want to see this !!!! :mrgreen:
 

FISHX

Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
212
Reaction score
0
Location
uk
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Private
A christmas story it is in.
 

Stace

Boobie Jubilee
DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
7,255
Reaction score
364
Location
Clarksville, TN
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Moderate
First of all, the link you provided is for a site that is blatantly pro life.

But, I did a Yahoo search and got some hits, but I stopped looking at them because they were all either: pro life sites; wack job evangelical sites; or wack job conservative sites.

None of which are sources I would trust by themselves.

Show us some sources that are either on the liberal and/or pro choice side, or are neutral. Then maybe we can all discuss this.
 

Saboteur

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
2,315
Reaction score
134
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Proudly Pro Life JP Freem said:
Yes unfortunately it is true. I was working while replying about the sale of Baby parts I posted the wrong link. Here is another link what do you think.
http://lifedynamics.com/Abortion_Information/Baby_Body_Parts/
Well that is pretty deplorable and in no way do I support this. This is not a Pro-Life/Pro-Choice issue. I think it says more about the evils of capitalism and maybe Kansas than it does about abortion.

Though it does raise the question which pertains to a lot of things like drugs, sexual slavery of children and adults, child pornography, the beef industry, etc.

Which is worse, the supply or the demand?
 

FISHX

Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
212
Reaction score
0
Location
uk
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Private
Saboteur said:
Well that is pretty deplorable and in no way do I support this. This is not a Pro-Life/Pro-Choice issue. I think it says more about the evils of capitalism and maybe Kansas than it does about abortion.

Though it does raise the question which pertains to a lot of things like drugs, sexual slavery of children and adults, child pornography, the beef industry, etc.

Which is worse, the supply or the demand?
could we really distingish between them
 

Saboteur

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
2,315
Reaction score
134
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
FISHX said:
could we really distingish between them
Distinguish between which?

Supply and demand?

Sure, the supply is useless if there is no demand. Likewise the demand will never be satisfied if there is no supply.

Therefore, in my opinion it is demand which validates the need for supply that is worse.

If no one wanted a prostitute to pay to have sex with, no one would be a prostitute. And happilly no one would go and kidnap anyone to be used in sexual slavery (which is the newest and sickest money maker for organized crime in the world).

If people didn't have whatever is wrong with them that makes them want to look at sexually explicit pictures of children then no one would take those kind of pictures and sell them.

If everyone was happy with their lives and being sober no one would use drugs or alcohal.

And finally if everyone realised that humans have evolved past the need to eat meat as a source of protien and no one wanted meat. The beef industry would be out of business.

(BTW, I do eat meat, but because I was taught too.)
 

FISHX

Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
212
Reaction score
0
Location
uk
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Private
ermmm i meant could you distinguish which was the worst supply or demand now i don,t really know if you misunderstood my post or whether you were just being pedantic but i hope the rephrasing of the post helped.
 

FISHX

Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
212
Reaction score
0
Location
uk
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Private
ermmm i meant could you distinguish which was the worst supply or demand now i don,t really know if you misunderstood my post or whether you were just being pedantic but i hope the rephrasing of the post helped.
 

Saboteur

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
2,315
Reaction score
134
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
FISHX said:
ermmm i meant could you distinguish which was the worst supply or demand now i don,t really know if you misunderstood my post or whether you were just being pedantic but i hope the rephrasing of the post helped.
Uh sorry if my post didn't all come through or wasn't clear. In short;

in my opinion it is demand which validates the need for supply that is worse.
 

Saboteur

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
2,315
Reaction score
134
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Felicity said:
Interesting link with relevant info on this issue...
http://www.ncsl.org/programs/health/genetics/embfet.htm

Scroll down and check out the chart...
Well I think stem cell research could be useful but do see the disagreeable side of using aborted embryos. I think that like anything a person can donate why not be able to donate a miscarried embryo?

But if we allow that then we have to allow aborted embryos as well.... stumper.
 

Stace

Boobie Jubilee
DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
7,255
Reaction score
364
Location
Clarksville, TN
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Moderate
Saboteur said:
Well I think stem cell research could be useful but do see the disagreeable side of using aborted embryos. I think that like anything a person can donate why not be able to donate a miscarried embryo?

But if we allow that then we have to allow aborted embryos as well.... stumper.
The researcher isn't going to see the difference between a miscarried embryo and one that was aborted. They're simply trying to find cures. So where's the problem?
 

Saboteur

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
2,315
Reaction score
134
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Stace said:
The researcher isn't going to see the difference between a miscarried embryo and one that was aborted. They're simply trying to find cures. So where's the problem?
Well I suppose I'm just falling into the moral question. Donating an embryo shouldn't be like donating blood plasma for cash. Meaning that someone shouldn't get pregnant to have an abortion and be paid to do it. I know that it isn't like that now, but some will claim that it is or could be.
 

Stace

Boobie Jubilee
DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
7,255
Reaction score
364
Location
Clarksville, TN
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Moderate
Saboteur said:
Well I suppose I'm just falling into the moral question. Donating an embryo shouldn't be like donating blood plasma for cash. Meaning that someone shouldn't get pregnant to have an abortion and be paid to do it. I know that it isn't like that now, but some will claim that it is or could be.
Oh yeesh I couldn't even imagine doing that....seriously, why would any woman deliberately get pregnant (which takes a fair amount of planning, in order to track ovulation and such) and then spend hundreds of dollars to have an abortion (which I'm certain has a number of unpleasant side effects), simply to sell the embryo? Certainly the payoff wouldn't outweigh the trouble she'd have to go to.....

Ugh, I don't even want to think that there is/could be a woman cruel (and stupid, quite frankly) to do something like that.....
 

Caine

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
23,344
Reaction score
7,210
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Saboteur said:
Well I suppose I'm just falling into the moral question. Donating an embryo shouldn't be like donating blood plasma for cash. Meaning that someone shouldn't get pregnant to have an abortion and be paid to do it. I know that it isn't like that now, but some will claim that it is or could be.
As my buddie Rabbi Yoffie says,

"Family Values......Is choosing the child with diabetes over the frozen embryo in a fertility clinic."
 

Saboteur

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
2,315
Reaction score
134
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Stace said:
Oh yeesh I couldn't even imagine doing that....seriously, why would any woman deliberately get pregnant (which takes a fair amount of planning, in order to track ovulation and such) and then spend hundreds of dollars to have an abortion (which I'm certain has a number of unpleasant side effects), simply to sell the embryo? Certainly the payoff wouldn't outweigh the trouble she'd have to go to.....

Ugh, I don't even want to think that there is/could be a woman cruel (and stupid, quite frankly) to do something like that.....
Unfortunatly there probably is somewhere if the price was right. But yes this scenario is pretty far out there but not beyond the mind of the Pro-Life and obviously the Pro-Choice.
 

Saboteur

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
2,315
Reaction score
134
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Caine said:
As my buddie Rabbi Yoffie says,

"Family Values......Is choosing the child with diabetes over the frozen embryo in a fertility clinic."
Hmmm something to ponder.
 

ngdawg

conliberaservatarianist
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
24
Location
trackside
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
My frozen embryos were donated to research-hopefully for a cure for that child with diabetes.
There are investigations going on now, mostly in New York, into the illegal selling of cadaver parts that were stolen-seems to me someone took this a step further with unsubstantiated reports to include fetal parts for the purpose of shock value.
Personally, I'd rather see legitimate research and laboratory usage of miscarried or aborted fetal matter in hopes of cures-sure beats going out with Monday's trash.
 

Saboteur

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
2,315
Reaction score
134
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
ngdawg said:
My frozen embryos were donated to research-hopefully for a cure for that child with diabetes.
There are investigations going on now, mostly in New York, into the illegal selling of cadaver parts that were stolen-seems to me someone took this a step further with unsubstantiated reports to include fetal parts for the purpose of shock value.
Personally, I'd rather see legitimate research and laboratory usage of miscarried or aborted fetal matter in hopes of cures-sure beats going out with Monday's trash.
Me too but donating should be non-profit. The research results however should be fair game.
 

ngdawg

conliberaservatarianist
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
24
Location
trackside
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Granted, I signed over my ownership a long time ago, but donation IS supposed to be voluntary. There is, according to this investigation, a secondary 'market' for human tissue. Donating it doesn't mean the organization you donated to doesn't then sell it, but apparently a doctor (or more) and a funeral director, among others, were just taking bone, skin, etc and selling it. Alistair Cooke's body was desecrated by these people as reported this past week: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4552742.stm
 

Saboteur

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
2,315
Reaction score
134
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
ngdawg said:
Granted, I signed over my ownership a long time ago, but donation IS supposed to be voluntary. There is, according to this investigation, a secondary 'market' for human tissue. Donating it doesn't mean the organization you donated to doesn't then sell it, but apparently a doctor (or more) and a funeral director, among others, were just taking bone, skin, etc and selling it. Alistair Cooke's body was desecrated by these people as reported this past week: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4552742.stm
That incedent in the article is just wrong!
 

Engimo

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 19, 2005
Messages
1,042
Reaction score
0
Location
New York
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
I came into this thread thinking that there would be information about how to purchase baby organs.

Thread does not deliver.
 
Top Bottom