• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Baby NOOR?

Should we be wasting time and money on Baby Noor?

• Total voters

Caine

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Hmmm....

Little Noor, barely three months old, was born with spina bifida, a birth defect in which the spinal column fails to completely close. Iraqi doctors had told her parents she would live only 45 days......
/snip/
"We ... collectively decided this is going to be our project," said Sgt. Michael Sonen. "If this is the only contribution we have to defeating the war on terrorism, this is going to be it."

The soldiers brought Noor to a U.S. military base for medical examinations and got friends and charities in the United States to help get her the surgery that could save her life.

Sen. Saxby Chambliss of Georgia and his office are working to speed up the process of getting a visa for Noor's grandmother, who will accompany her to Atlanta.

Dr. Roger Hudgins, the chief of neurosurgery at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, has promised to perform the delicate operation for free.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/conditions/12/28/iraq.spinabifida/

Should we be wasting money, time, and resources on this Iraqi Baby, when we have so many children in our own country who could use the help?

Caine said:
Hmmm....

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/conditions/12/28/iraq.spinabifida/

Should we be wasting money, time, and resources on this Iraqi Baby, when we have so many children in our own country who could use the help?

This phony compassion you have for the children of the United States is quite touching. Why don't you McCain, be the first to start a fund geared at saving the million or so aborted American babies per year? Put your money where your mouth is.

KidTim

ptsdkid said:
This phony compassion you have for the children of the United States is quite touching. Why don't you McCain, be the first to start a fund geared at saving the million or so aborted American babies per year? Put your money where your mouth is.

KidTim

Umm... WTF does any of this junk have to do with my post?

So, you think its cool to ship babies from Iraq over here to get free medical care, when we have kids here in our own country who need help?

Why don't you actually post something relevant for a change.

Caine said:
Umm... WTF does any of this junk have to do with my post?

So, you think its cool to ship babies from Iraq over here to get free medical care, when we have kids here in our own country who need help?

Why don't you actually post something relevant for a change.

How does your obvious concern over one foreign baby compare to the horrific wholesale murder of 1 million American fetesus per year? So the only junk here is this phony concern over one baby getting free medical help. Get with a humanity priority for once in your life. I do think you are beyond help, but that won't stop you from posting these "Who gives a s**t polls. Most people know how to prioritize their politics. Come down from lala land..won't you.

KidTim

ptsdkid said:
How does your obvious concern over one foreign baby compare to the horrific wholesale murder of 1 million American fetesus per year?
This poll isnt about Abortion, if you want to debate that, I'll do it in the proper thread. Besides that, Fetuses aren't born yet, so they can't receive health care DUR DUR DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

So the only junk here is this phony concern over one baby getting free medical help.
Ummm... don't you think we should be focusing our money on our own people rather than flying one baby and her family from Iraq to Atlanta to recieve medical help? You still haven't answered the damned question, stop being around the bush.
Get with a humanity priority for once in your life.
Your joking right? Your telling ME to get a priority? This is absolutely hilarious.
I do think you are beyond help, but that won't stop you from posting these "Who gives a s**t polls. Most people know how to prioritize their politics. Come down from lala land..won't you.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Someone with PTSD from having to go through the horrible though of POSSIBLY fighting in Vietnam is telling me I am Beyond Help?

You, sir, are the champion of "Who gives a **** polls". Women shouldn't vote? Women shouldn't be in the military? Come on, get with the times.

Yes..KidTim....

I believe private donation groups and individual charities should be able to do whatever they want. (I believe that is what is funding baby noors trip and surgeries here.)

However, you bring up a good point about our own children who need such life saving surgery and whose parents may go bankrupt when they exceed their lifetime medical insurance limit (multiple surgeries for this conditon along with recovery can exceed the one million limit. I know bone marrow transplants do for children.) Of course, I am not speakng about medicaid that has no limit for treatment of children with such conditions. (thus, should American parents sell all their assetts (ie: lose everything) and go on medicaid when their private insurance tells them they have met their limit? ) I would if it meant further treatment for my daughter. Perhaps we need some medical insurance reform? Complete socialization would not be the answer too since they limit the number or put a quota on the number of children that would get such extensive spinal bifida treatment or bone marrow transplants. I know this first hand ( since I saw the denied children at Dartmouth medical school from Canada.)

Last edited:
ptsdkid said:
How does your obvious concern over one foreign baby compare to the horrific wholesale murder of 1 million American fetesus per year? So the only junk here is this phony concern over one baby getting free medical help. Get with a humanity priority for once in your life. I do think you are beyond help, but that won't stop you from posting these "Who gives a s**t polls. Most people know how to prioritize their politics. Come down from lala land..won't you.

KidTim

Do you want to get banned?

Most people know how to actually debate the topic at hand. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom