• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Baby It's Cold Outside pulled by radio station, citing #MeToo

Peer pressure works on all people. The question is, is this a valid tactic?

If the woman was insisting the man to stay and kept drugging him do you think the optics would be any different?

Drugging? That’s a gross exaggeration of the lyrics. Your interpretation of the song as stay so I can make you more inebriated and rape you is also an illogical stretch.

The song is recounting a situation in which many people, whether heterosexual or same sex, desire to spend more time with the other person and try and talk them into staying longer, with element of adult beverages. alcohol or liquor

From that innocuous situation, you illogically conclude when one desires another to stay longer, and attempts to talk into staying longer, and alcohol/liquor is involved, that they intend to rape the other person.

It’s an irrational argument you make. 1. Girl expresses she needs to leave, + 2. Guy trying to talk her into staying longer +
3. Alcohol/liquor=rape situation.

That conclusion you make doesn’t follow. You’ve made a bad argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She was asking to leave while he kept insisting on repeated drinks.

Your threshold is disturbing.

No, no, no.

She wasn’t asking to leave. Presenting the song as one on which she’s asking to leave implies he is keeping her there beyond her will.

She is telling him she needs to go, her rep is on the line, and he’s trying to talk her into staying.

The male vocal doesn’t ask or tell her to drink anything, SHE says “maybe just a half a drink more.”

You can’t even present a view consistent with the lyrics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

true

he is only grabbing her and tearing off her clothes.

No biggie

Tearing her clothes off, raping her. But of course, if one wants to see it that way. Like I said, most women aren't as helpless and feeble as it appears to some.

Tearing her clothes off, raping her. But of course, if one wants to see it that way. Like I said, most women aren't as helpless and feeble as it appears to some.

I said nothing about rape but there is no doubt that, in the movie scene, the man is grabbing her tearing her clothes off without her consent

I said nothing about rape but there is no doubt that, in the movie scene, the man is grabbing her tearing her clothes off without her consent

If you want to make that point, fine. I have seen scenes on TV when they rip each other's clothes off in what looks rather violent, yet they end up somewhere enjoying themselves. It seems the clip in question leaves out that part, or cuts off where she rips his clothes of. So it all depends on the rest of the story. We can into it whatever we wish.

Doesn't anyone read and understand the effing lyrics?? The woman wants to stay, hence her comments about staying for another drink and a cigarette, but is afraid of the damage to her reputation.

That was hilarious.

I don't agree with Bill Mahr sometimes (Muslims and Religion) but he's right.

But I think most Democrats hate the extreme left crowd that's perpetually offended. And conservatives want everyone to believe that the entire left thinks this way. That's no more true than saying the entire right is racist.

Ummmmmmmmmm. The opposite is also true. How many lefties declare everyone on the right Trump supporters, racists, bigots, misogynists, and deplorables just because they believe in smaller government, less taxes, the second amendment, and are pro-life?

The song was playful banter, nothing more, so yanking it from the playlist was a politically correct overreaction.

I think this year the outrage is against Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Take your pro-bullying messaging and shove it, Burl Ives. :roll:

That "Red" should have given you the first hint.

And that "Red" is repeated in the suit his superior wears.

Then the fact that he is in the employ of someone who redistributes wealth from those who work for it to those who don't should have pushed you very close to the truth.

AND once you realize that a "sleigh" and "troika" are the same thing, you can have absolutely no option but to demand that that COMMUNIST song be expunged from American life.

See how simple it is?

A few women fought or served as spies. Showing them as some integral part of front line units is just what they were complaining about; historical revisionsm and PC nonsense. Oh, and how do the people complaining represent "the right"? You have no clue whatsoever who they are.

How so? What has that got to do with this topic?

Rightwingers are whining that a radio station exercised its 1st Amendment rights

Rightwingers have trouble understanding that the 1st includes the right to NOT say something.

Rightwingers are whining that a radio station exercised its 1st Amendment rights

Rightwingers have trouble understanding that the 1st includes the right to NOT say something.

They can do what they want. The problem isn't what they did but that they've caved in to PC whining and censorship.

Yes, the problem is not what they did; it is what they did

Not for pulling the song but for caving to PC whining. They are two different things. The people censoring here are on the left, as they usually are. Funny how they aren't riled up about degrading rap lyrics, though.

I was in the grocery store today and I was shocked - SHOCKED I SAY - when I heard them playing

"I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas"

I mean, WHITE Christmas!!

How positively RACIST can you get!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom