• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Azealia Banks Endorses Donald Trump for President

I know, right?

As I don't watch much telly and I damn sure ain't into rap I have no knowledge of her at all. Apparently people put stock in her political opinion because she is in some way a celebrity. That's America, innit? Being even a minor celebrity makes you smart. When Joan or John Everyday has a political opinion no one cares. Let Joan Everyday become known for some unrelated reason and suddenly people quote her opinion on bulletin boards. :roll:

It's the Hilton/Kardashian effect.

The Trumpeters are blinded by blingy people. They are the kind of people who made Snooki a household name.

The Trumpeters are blinded by blingy people. They are the kind of people who made Snooki a household name.

I have read that name somewhere but I have no idea who it is or what it does to be known. But you know I think you have something there about Trumpeters being blinded by blingy people.

Show me a person dressed in incredibly bad taste and I'll show you a Trumpeter or a rookie who just signed with the NFL.

I have read that name somewhere but I have no idea who it is or what it does to be known. But you know I think you have something there about Trumpeters being blinded by blingy people.

Show me a person dressed in incredibly bad taste and I'll show you a Trumpeter or a rookie who just signed with the NFL.

HAHA how true is that last part?:mrgreen:

Show me a person with no class and I'll show you a Trump supporter.

I wonder if Azealia Banks' sister's name is Molly Mounds?

This is the woman who said, in April, that Sarah Palin should be brutally raped by a group of Black of Men.

So there's that.

Well, she endorsed the Chosen One, so all is forgiven now.

Trump even attracts black racists

Why not? While showing by example that it is alright to be uncivil and bigoted, Trump has never actually said anything white-racist per se: Bigotry he stokes is directed to foreign Muslims, or undocumented Mexicans - not racial categories.

And of course, he is not white: He is orange. When you look at a clown - the wig, the make-up, the nose, the clothes - you don't think "black" or "white" or "Asian". You see a clown. Trump has a well-designed public persona.

Speak for yourself.

I don't have to worry about being labeled a racist when I speak about black people, because I'm not a racist and therefore have no desire to say racist things.

Perhaps you should consider the possibility that if you find yourself biting your tongue, it is not because of what meanie-head liberals might "label" you as, it is rather because you recognize that there is in fact something very wrong with what you were about to say.

Democrats have been placating and patronizing the black community for decades, and their condition just gets worse and worse and worse the past 50 years.

The patronizing of black people I hear mainly comes from conservatives when they make claims such as that the existence of safety net programs (1) "traps" or "enslaves" black voters such that they vote Democrat or that (2) the existence of safety net programs causes black people to not do better for themselves.

I suspect you have no idea why I might think those claims patronizing (and derogatory) of black people....

Not sure how much she "speaks the truth", but she is a perfect example of something I keep pointing to when people foolishly declare they know how things are going to progress with Trump.

More than any candidate I have ever seen, people seem to find ways to ignore the "negatives" of him in terms of likability. Traditionally in politics, a candidate that is viewed significantly unfavorably simply are not going to garner the votes from individuals that feel that way. The unlikability is simply too overriding. What's been odd about Trumps entire candidacy is that he's managed to pull in a large swath of people who flat out state he's an asshole and a jerk and dislike him on that personal level, but because of various reasons (his disconnect with the traditional political establishment, his "non-PCness"/realness, etc) they desire to vote for him and actively support him in spite of their dislike for him.

... and Hillary has the same problem. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again: This election is going to come down to who is hated the least.

It never ceases to amaze me how American conservatives have managed to become such delicate flowers seemingly overnight.

Why, oh, why, can't I say racist things without those evil liberals calling me a racist? I'm a victim!

It's everything these days.

"The liberal media is victimizing us!" (Said while ignoring Fox News, Breitbart, Red State, WSJ, etc etc etc)

"Liberal comedians like John Stewart and Stephen Colbert are victimizing us!" (Said despite the facts that they are comedians, that they do hit both sides, and that conservatives are free to start comedy shows mocking liberals)

"Liberal politicians are victimizing our religion!" (Said when a law allowing businesses open to the public to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation is criticized/thrown out).

Etc etc etc.

And of course, we're also routinely told how conservatives are rugged individualists, who stand up for themselves and defend themselves with guns - "Don't tread on me!" - meanwhile liberals are just sissies and girly men who hide behind government or political correctness.

So how do such tough individualist Americans manage to get victimized all the time when the right is roughly 50% of the country....?

Azealia Banks Endorses Donald Trump for President - Hollywood Reporter

Read through Ms. Banks' tweets in the link.

Don't know who this young lady is, and I don't know her music, but damn it if she doesn't completely get it. And I'm not a Trump person AT ALL.

If the black community to come to this same realization, we could get some really meaningful work done. White America doesn't hate black America. It is frustrated by black America because we aren't allowed to openly talk to black America without being labeled as racists. Truth and reality aren't racist no matter where you live or what color you are.

Please, listen to Ms. Banks. She sees through all the nonsense and speaks the truth.

"Ms. Banks" has -- all by herself -- expressed immense amounts of hatred for everything from Sarah Palin, to British Muslims. Are you sure that's who we should listen to?

I honestly never heard of her.

Why not? While showing by example that it is alright to be uncivil and bigoted, Trump has never actually said anything white-racist per se: Bigotry he stokes is directed to foreign Muslims, or undocumented Mexicans - not racial categories.

To insult Mexicans in the United States is the same as insulting Mexicans everywhere. Trump is a bigot, simple as that.

It's everything these days.

"The liberal media is victimizing us!" (Said while ignoring Fox News, Breitbart, Red State, WSJ, etc etc etc)

"Liberal comedians like John Stewart and Stephen Colbert are victimizing us!" (Said despite the facts that they are comedians, that they do hit both sides, and that conservatives are free to start comedy shows mocking liberals)

"Liberal politicians are victimizing our religion!" (Said when a law allowing businesses open to the public to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation is criticized/thrown out).

Etc etc etc.

And of course, we're also routinely told how conservatives are rugged individualists, who stand up for themselves and defend themselves with guns - "Don't tread on me!" - meanwhile liberals are just sissies and girly men who hide behind government or political correctness.

So how do such tough individualist Americans manage to get victimized all the time when the right is roughly 50% of the country....?

And now, just four days after my post, they're complaining that Facebook - a social media organization that it has never pretended to be a "Fair and Balanced" news media production organization - is victimizing them by not rigidly ensuring an absolutely neutral application of an algorithm to ensure that conservative and liberal leaning media articles are linked in an exact 50/50 balance.

Just...ugh

:doh

Back
Top Bottom