• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AZ Judge Tosses (R) Finchem's election lawsuit - WINNER is (D) Fontes!!

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I thought I heard grumbling coming from the direction of AZ yesterday. (y)

Finchem argued that current Secretary of State Katie Hobbs should have excused herself from overseeing the election and rattled off a slew of concerns with election procedures — some of which Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Melissa Julian spurned as "fatally flawed."

"None of these alleged acts constitutes 'misconduct' sufficient to survive dismissal," Julian wrote in a 13-page opinion. "In summary, the misconduct allegations also fail to state a claim for relief. Dismissal of the Amended Statement is appropriate."

Finchem argued that current Secretary of State Katie Hobbs should have excused herself from overseeing the election and rattled off a slew of concerns with election procedures — some of which Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Melissa Julian spurned as "fatally flawed."

"None of these alleged acts constitutes 'misconduct' sufficient to survive dismissal," Julian wrote in a 13-page opinion. "In summary, the misconduct allegations also fail to state a claim for relief. Dismissal of the Amended Statement is appropriate."

Well until Kari Lake shuts up you're still going to hear grumbling. But, one down!

So much winning.

If these people want to waste time and money filing these suits, it is their prerogative. I can respect that. However, once the suit is resolved, these clowns (the politicians and their supporters), having had their day in court, should respect the rule of law, do the honorable thing and concede.

From an ethical perspective, however, a Secretary of State should resign the office if they choose to run for something else. Brian Kemp should have done that in Georgia four years ago and Hobbs should have done that here. It is not illegal, just doesn't seem particularly ethical.

Lake wants to inspect each and every ballot. Perhaps for bamboo paper, a made in China label.

Jeesh Republicans are such sore looser, it borders on absurdity.

It never was this bad … before. 🙄

Every once in a blue moon, you’d hear about someone questioning something, but it wasn’t commonplace to kick and scream and hold your breath that your election was “rigged,” or “stolen.”

Good. Some sanity at last.

Lake wants to inspect each and every ballot.
Let her. Give her a dimly lit unheated storeroom to sit in all by herself so she can inspect each and every single ballot.
Perhaps for bamboo paper, a made in China label.
The give away is the Ho Chi Min image watermark.
Jeesh Republicans are such sore looser, it borders on absurdity.
It is beyond the absurd, Lake was whining about a stolen election before Election Day.

Finchem won the GOP Primary for SofS only because Trump endorsed him. He was the worst candidate running in that primary, but the majority of GOP voters only cared about who got Trump's endorsement. Finchem lost to Fontes in the general election by over 120,000 votes. Link

Finchem won the GOP Primary for SofS only because Trump endorsed him. He was the worst candidate running in that primary, but the majority of GOP voters only cared about who got Trump's endorsement. Finchem lost to Fontes in the general election by over 120,000 votes. Link

imo, because not all Republicans in Arizona are Trump/MAGA Republicans. Some saw the flaws in Finchem.
His lawsuit was a joke.

Well until Kari Lake shuts up you're still going to hear grumbling. But, one down!
Yesterday she called for Maricopa County election officials to be imprisoned, and suggested "burning to the ground" the system she claims cheated her.

She's either certifiably insane, or cynically promoting a narrative for personal gain knowing that it's bullshit. In either scenario she's presented herself as a physical threat to others, and should be dealt with accordingly.

Finchy is gonna have to pay..
The man's a white supremacist and committed conspiracy nutter. And he damn near won an election that would have put him in charge of future AZ elections.

These are interesting times, in the Chinese proverb sense.

It is not illegal, just doesn't seem particularly ethical.
Hmm, that sounds familiar. I think unethical behavior was a DAILY OCCURRENCE during the failed, one-term, twice-impeached former president's administration.

Yesterday she called for Maricopa County election officials to be imprisoned, and suggested "burning to the ground" the system she claims cheated her.

She's either certifiably insane, or cynically promoting a narrative for personal gain knowing that it's bullshit. In either scenario she's presented herself as a physical threat to others, and should be dealt with accordingly.

I'm going with cynical with a touch of insanity.

Makes me wonder if her husband and family are all in for this crazy or if it's wearing on them.

I would think her husband, if she's married, is all in so she can go places in the party. Anyone else, I imagine they want her to shut up, too.

From an ethical perspective, however, a Secretary of State should resign the office if they choose to run for something else.
absurd, yer trying to equate a Judge, a entity who can single handedly control a case....with....a SoS who is the head of a very large org who doesn't have the ability to change the outcome of an election which is conducted by multiple COUNTY orgs.

Back
Top Bottom