• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AZ Battleground Sparks are Mounting post 2022 Midterm Election

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
With dangerous rhetoric being constantly spewed in public of election fraud in AZ's midterm election by Kari Lake and DJT, AZ may be gearing up to be a battleground at the hands of DJT's followers. We've seen this play out before that led to 1/6/21 assault on our nation's Capitol. DJT has been in high gear sending out his signals. Kari Lake as well. DJT even calling for the suspension of our US Constitution last week. It makes him proud that his army of gun wielding nutjobs may spring into action to tear down democracy at his agitating behest. imo

Today, there's 6 counties left in AZ to certify their election results. Hopefully, all goes well, but right at this moment, I'm sensing sparks are about to fly.

In a Truth Social post on Monday morning, Trump declared, “Massive numbers of ‘BROKEN' voting machines in Republican Districts on Election Day. Kari had to be taken to a Democrat area, which was working perfectly, to vote. Her opponent ran the Election. This is yet another criminal voting operation – SO OBVIOUS.”

He went on to claim that Lake should be installed as the governor of Arizona and that the Arizona midterms were “almost as bad” as the 2020 presidential election. Trump's post was a response to Lake's post, claiming that “Arizonans have no Faith and Trust in our Elections.”

She called election officials “incompetent” and says that the “fake news” is ignoring the fake elections and “expecting us to move on.” She concluded her statement with a call for election reform in America.

All counties in AZ have been certified. State will certify today. Cochise County was forced by the court to certify.

What is so funny is Lake and Trump are trashing Republicans. Republicans wrote the election laws and run the elections in Arizona. If elections are that bad in Arizona they only need to look at their own Party for the reason.

Elections are secure and accurate in Arizona. That does not mean there are never any issues that crop up or issues with some voters. It has never been enough to change the outcome of the election.

What is funny about Cochise County is the two Republican Supervisors who refused to certify the county election results is:
- They had not issue with the equipment in 2020 when they were elected.
- The issue they had with the 2022 midterm was with another County. Had nothing to do with their County election.
Maybe they should read up on AZ election laws.

With dangerous rhetoric being constantly spewed in public of election fraud in AZ's midterm election by Kari Lake and DJT, AZ may be gearing up to be a battleground at the hands of DJT's followers. We've seen this play out before that led to 1/6/21 assault on our nation's Capitol. DJT has been in high gear sending out his signals. Kari Lake as well. DJT even calling for the suspension of our US Constitution last week. It makes him proud that his army of gun wielding nutjobs may spring into action to tear down democracy at his agitating behest. imo

Today, there's 6 counties left in AZ to certify their election results. Hopefully, all goes well, but right at this moment, I'm sensing sparks are about to fly.

In a Truth Social post on Monday morning, Trump declared, “Massive numbers of ‘BROKEN' voting machines in Republican Districts on Election Day. Kari had to be taken to a Democrat area, which was working perfectly, to vote. Her opponent ran the Election. This is yet another criminal voting operation – SO OBVIOUS.”

He went on to claim that Lake should be installed as the governor of Arizona and that the Arizona midterms were “almost as bad” as the 2020 presidential election. Trump's post was a response to Lake's post, claiming that “Arizonans have no Faith and Trust in our Elections.”

She called election officials “incompetent” and says that the “fake news” is ignoring the fake elections and “expecting us to move on.” She concluded her statement with a call for election reform in America.
Hey stupid, the republicans are running the show in arizona are you saying your base has no faith in what your party is doing? If that isn't enough trump chimes in with his usual boatload of lies in case the base doesn't have enough red meat from lake.

All counties in AZ have been certified. State will certify today. Cochise County was forced by the court to certify.
This is where I got 6 counties yet to certified but have until today to do it.

There are six Arizona counties that have not yet certified their election results. They have until Monday morning to make the call, but with Republicans breathing down their necks about not officially approving any results, they may or may not be delayed.

What is so funny is Lake and Trump are trashing Republicans. Republicans wrote the election laws and run the elections in Arizona. If elections are that bad in Arizona they only need to look at their own Party for the reason.

Elections are secure and accurate in Arizona. That does not mean there are never any issues that crop up or issues with some voters. It has never been enough to change the outcome of the election.

What is funny about Cochise County is the two Republican Supervisors who refused to certify the county election results is:
- They had not issue with the equipment in 2020 when they were elected.
- The issue they had with the 2022 midterm was with another County. Had nothing to do with their County election.
Maybe they should read up on AZ election laws.
(y)

This is where I got 6 counties yet to certified but have until today to do it.

(y)
The OP article is out of date.
All counties have certified their results including Cochise County
Today, 12/5 the State will certify the election.

Two races, AG and Sup of Education will go to a recount by law because the results were within the 0.5% .

" Nearly a month after the midterm election, the state’s results will be certified Monday morning."

The elections in 2020 were rigged and so were the ones in Arizona in 2022.
Just ask a Rightie.

The OP article is out of date.
All counties have certified their results including Cochise County
Today, 12/5 the State will certify the election.

Two races, AG and Sup of Education will go to a recount by law because the results were within the 0.5% .

" Nearly a month after the midterm election, the state’s results will be certified Monday morning."
My apology for misunderstanding actual updates in AZ. You are on top of matters in AZ and appreciate your correction.

The elections in 2020 were rigged and so were the ones in Arizona in 2022.
Just ask a Rightie.
and those "Righties" continue to read and hear their suggestive orders from their cult leading wannabe dictator - one who belongs in prison yesterday.

My apology for misunderstanding actual updates in AZ. You are on top of matters in AZ and appreciate your correction.
No problem.

The drama is not over. A judge told KLake she cannot file her lawsuit till the election is certified. I suspect within a week Lake will file. She "believes" enough supporters had issues with the early printer problems that they either did not vote or are question if the vote was tabulated correctly. The problem with her stance on the equipment does not hold up. Hand counts confirm tabulators did calculate properly. Number of registered voters who voted equals the number of ballots tabulated.

Post election test of the tabulators showed the equipment tabulated correctly.

In person voters who experienced the ballot rejection because it was not printed dark enough were given choices.
- place ballot in secure box to be tabulated at the main processing site.
- have the ballot cancelled, check out and go to a different poll place
- wait till the issue is solved and vote at the site they are at.

No one was turned away. All people who were registered and wanted to vote could vote.

The Attorney General race is within 511 votes while the Superintendent of Education is within 8,967 votes. I don't think that the Sup of Education race needs a recount. I didn't vote for Tom Horne, but it is obvious that he won the Sup of Education race. That race shouldn't have to go to a recount with Horne having 8,967 more votes than Hoffman. And Hoffman already conceded.

The Attorney General race is within 511 votes while the Superintendent of Education is within 8,967 votes. I don't think that the Sup of Education race needs a recount. I didn't vote for Tom Horne, but it is obvious that he won the Sup of Education race. That race shouldn't have to go to a recount with Horne having 8,967 more votes than Hoffman. And Hoffman already conceded.
It is the new law the State passed that went into implementation this election cycle.

A. A recount of the vote is required when the canvass of returns in a primary or general election shows that the margin between the two candidates receiving the greatest number of votes for a particular office, or between the number of votes cast for and against initiated or referred measures or proposals to amend the Constitution of Arizona, is less than or equal to one-half of one percent of the number of votes cast for both such candidates or on such measures or proposals.

Both fell within the 0.5% requirement. The Governor race did not.

The Sec of State wasn't wrong when stating that democracy isn't out of the woods.

And, of course, Kari Lake isn't done after today's certification.

I do wonder just what Repub AG Mark Brnovich was referring to when he used any old saying by JFK. "I'm reminded what John F. Kennedy often said, those who ride the tiger to seek power often end up inside."

"Arizona had a successful election, but too often throughout the process, powerful voices proliferated misinformation that threatened to disenfranchise voters," Hobbs said. "Democracy prevailed, but it's not out of the woods."

"2024 will bring a host of challenges from the election denial community that we must prepare for, but for now, Arizonans to stand proud knowing that this election was conducted with transparency, accuracy and fairness in accordance with Arizona's election laws and procedures," she added.

Maricopa County Elections just sent me a survey on how all the aspects of voting went this time. I gave them excellent marks across the board.

Arizona did certify the 2022 election:

No problem.

The drama is not over. A judge told KLake she cannot file her lawsuit till the election is certified. I suspect within a week Lake will file. She "believes" enough supporters had issues with the early printer problems that they either did not vote or are question if the vote was tabulated correctly. The problem with her stance on the equipment does not hold up. Hand counts confirm tabulators did calculate properly. Number of registered voters who voted equals the number of ballots tabulated.

In person voters who experienced the ballot rejection because it was not printed dark enough were given choices.

No one was turned away. All people who were registered and wanted to vote could vote.
It sounds like all of those options would take quite a lot of time. I think the bigger concern was that many people vote on their lunch break or during work hours, may have had other appointments or just were not willing to stand in another line. We know they could vote, but did they? Of course, it wasn't only Republicans.

It sounds like all of those options would take quite a lot of time. I think the bigger concern was that many people vote on their lunch break or during work hours, may have had other appointments or just were not willing to stand in another line. We know they could vote, but did they? Of course, it wasn't only Republicans.

Not really.
- Drop the ballot in a secured box for later tabulation. (No more time than if the tabulator was working at the time)
- Delays were no more than a few hours.
- more polling places than ever before and you can vote at any of them.
- Arizona Revised Statute 16-402 requires Arizona employers to provide time off for an employee to vote in a primary or general election if the employee has less than three hours either before or after work in which to vote. The employer cannot deduct pay for work time missed as part of these three consecutive hours to vote. This voting law says the employer, not the employee, can specify the hours the employee can take off work to vote.

For those not willing to stand in line Arizona offers.
- early voting at a polling site.
- vote by mail.
- and of course, election day in person voting

I tend to vote by mail. The State/county has it set up to where I get notified when the ballot has been received, verified as me, and counted.

No problem.

By law, she must file within 5 days.

Not really.
- Drop the ballot in a secured box for later tabulation. (No more time than if the tabulator was working at the time)
- Delays were no more than a few hours.
- more polling places than ever before and you can vote at any of them.
- Arizona Revised Statute 16-402 requires Arizona employers to provide time off for an employee to vote in a primary or general election if the employee has less than three hours either before or after work in which to vote. The employer cannot deduct pay for work time missed as part of these three consecutive hours to vote. This voting law says the employer, not the employee, can specify the hours the employee can take off work to vote.

For those not willing to stand in line Arizona offers.
- early voting at a polling site.
- vote by mail.
- and of course, election day in person voting

I tend to vote by mail. The State/county has it set up to where I get notified when the ballot has been received, verified as me, and counted.

The more I learn about AZ voting, the more it seems like a good & secure system. I really don't see what the Republican candidates' problem is with the system. It's not too fast, but it seems very secure & accurate.

It sounds like the eschew speed, for accuracy & transparency. Which one would think would give those nervous about elections some confidence.

The more I learn about AZ voting, the more it seems like a good & secure system. I really don't see what the Republican candidates' problem is with the system. It's not too fast, but it seems very secure & accurate.

It sounds like the eschew speed, for accuracy & transparency. Which one would think would give those nervous about elections some confidence.
The Republicans who have "problems" with the system are election deniers. They spout the same mantra as Trump. Fraud, stolen, disenfranchise, fake news, etc.

I have posted this before. Arizona election laws were written and passed by Republicans. Those now having issues had none till Trump lost in 2020. They do not complain when they win. Lake started in the primary with election fraud. Like Trump, she has not produced one bit of evidence.

The Republicans who have "problems" with the system are election deniers. They spout the same mantra as Trump. Fraud, stolen, disenfranchise, fake news, etc.

I have posted this before. Arizona election laws were written and passed by Republicans. Those now having issues had none till Trump lost in 2020. They do not complain when they win. Lake started in the primary with election fraud. Like Trump, she has not produced one bit of evidence.

You know - this is so transparent, it's pretty amazing there are so many deniers to begin with, along with so many non-deniers who will still vote for the GOP, given the GOP at-large tolerate this stuff. I mean, "suspend the Constitution"? Wha?

But it's clear to me the GOP leadership/politicos are now wiling to step away from Trump if they can get away from Trump's voters. And it's clear to me Trump knows this, and is acting accordingly, for example walking back his "suspend the Constitution" statement.

I don't know how ugly the fracture may or will become, but it will come down to the GOP rank & file voters. Sadly for the bulk of these voters it will not be about patriotism or Constitution, but about which GOP candidate they believe will be more likely to prevail in the general.

You know - this is so transparent, it's pretty amazing there are so many deniers to begin with, along with so many non-deniers who will still vote for the GOP, given the GOP at-large tolerate this stuff. I mean, "suspend the Constitution"? Wha?

But it's clear to me the GOP leadership/politicos are now wiling to step away from Trump if they can get away from Trump's voters. And it's clear to me Trump knows this, and is acting accordingly, for example walking back his "suspend the Constitution" statement.

I don't know how ugly the fracture may or will become, but it will come down to the GOP rank & file voters. Sadly for the bulk of these voters it will not be about patriotism or Constitution, but about which GOP candidate they believe will be more likely to prevail in the general.

After a lifetime of being a registered republican I changed to Independent. My dismay started with the Tea Party in Arizona and then MAGA election deniers. Just could not take the bs anymore. One good thing in Arizona as an Independent I can still vote in the Primary. Just have to state which Party I want a ballot for. That way I can still vote against those Republicans I feel are not worthy of being elected.

After a lifetime of being a registered republican I changed to Independent. My dismay started with the Tea Party in Arizona and then MAGA election deniers. Just could not take the bs anymore. One good thing in Arizona as an Independent I can still vote in the Primary. Just have to state which Party I want a ballot for. That way I can still vote against those Republicans I feel are not worthy of being elected.

Many states allow forms of the bolded, so good for you in yours! (y)

I was born a cradle Dem, becoming an Indie in later life. I recently briefly re-joined the Dems in response to Trump, but only stayed two years. I'm now an Indie again, a staunch and very happy Indie! I'm proud of my status, and doubt I'll ever go back. So hold your head up high, mike2810! There's a lot to be said for being an Indie.

After my voting for Reagan (regretted it), and HW (would do it again!), at this time I cannot bring myself to vote GOP. And I don't see that changing for the immediate future. I've voted Dem since Obama. Even held my noise while pulling the lever for HRC.

BTW - After looking hard at Trump during the '16 campaign, the quick succession of "I like people who weren't captured"/Mexican Judge/Khan Gold Star Family immediately turned me away from him. I simply cannot vote for a man like this.

Back
Top Bottom