• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ayman Al-Zawahri, Al Qaeda Leader, Calls For Attacks Inside U.S. For 9/11 Anniversary

RDS

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Al Qaeda leader is talking about economics. Your thoughts?
"We should bleed America economically by motivating it to continue its huge expenditure on its security as America's weak point is its economy, which already has begun stumbling because of the military and security expenditure," he said. "America is not a mythic power and the Americans, after all, are humans who can be defeated, felled and punished."
Ayman Al-Zawahri, Al Qaeda Leader, Calls For Attacks Inside U.S. For 9/11 Anniversary

Re: Ayman Al-Zawahri, Al Qaeda Leader, Calls For Attacks Inside U.S. For 9/11 Anniver

Convenient propaganda, just as it always was, especially in very shaky markets. It's really not much different than predicting economic difficulties supposedly based on divine revelation.

I agree with his last sentence. Americans are not superhuman. I'm sure why he needed to note that, I guess there are some people who think Americans cannot be defeated, felled or punished. Has that guy seen our justice system? What kind of society exists if Americans were superhuman; no competition, everyone wins all the time and no punishment. Does someone think Americans are angels?

Regarding US economy being the weak point, is he referring to the fall of the country? When the US dollar takes a dive, the whole world is negatively impacted.

Re: Ayman Al-Zawahri, Al Qaeda Leader, Calls For Attacks Inside U.S. For 9/11 Anniver

The two wars cost taxpayers about a trillion dollars and the 16 trillion dollar debt had some effect.

I'm amazed they just figured this out.

A coordinated attack at 5 shopping malls, a rocket fired at a commercial airliner or a poisoning of a water supply, even if they partly fail, would send Americans scurrying for cover and do the kind of economic damage 9/11/01 did. Plus, we'll double DHS and find some country to bomb.

Look what the original attack did to us. We dismissed our Constitution, we created Secret Police and we started a 10 year for profit war.

Sounds like boilerplate.

I do wonder why smaller attacks like the Boston bombings aren't more frequent though, I think everyone speculated after 9/11 that mall bombings and such would be coming, and they haven't. We've probably had more people killed from home grown gun massacres than terrorism since then.

I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that it seems that our own worst enemy is ourselves. But...there seems to be little to fear from Islamic militants in America. The chances of them getting their crap sufficiently together for something as bold as 9/11 is pretty small, and their cohesion even for smaller attacks seems lacking.

I'm amazed they just figured this out.

A coordinated attack at 5 shopping malls, a rocket fired at a commercial airliner or a poisoning of a water supply, even if they partly fail, would send Americans scurrying for cover and do the kind of economic damage 9/11/01 did. Plus, we'll double DHS and find some country to bomb.

Look what the original attack did to us. We dismissed our Constitution, we created Secret Police and we started a 10 year for profit war.

What country did we find to bomb after the Boston bombing?

Wow a terrorist advocating terrorism what a surprise!

What country did we find to bomb after the Boston bombing?

Syria, sort of.

The Boston bombing was technically terrorism but fundamentally 2 resident hoodlums being incredibly stupid.

Back
Top Bottom