• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ayanna Pressley calls for 'unrest in the streets,' over Trump-allied politicians ignoring Americans'

Michael Johnson

Libturd Destroyer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Hell's Kitchen - Where I cook Lying Libs for break
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
There should be "unrest in the streets"over President Trump and his political allies turning a "deaf ear" to Americans' concerns, including those about the "dismantling" of the U.S. Postal Service -- which amounts to voter suppression, U.S. Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., said Friday.

Conservatives on Twitter quickly condemned Pressley's remarks as "unhinged," "horrible" and "disgusting."

Pressley made her remarks Saturday on MSNBC's "AM Joy."

"This is as much about public outcry, organizing and mobilizing and applying pressure," Pressley said, after mentioning steps Democratic lawmakers can take, "so that this GOP-led Senate and these governors that continue to carry water for this administration, putting American people in harm's way, turning a deaf ear to the needs of our families and our communities - hold them accountable.

"Make the phone calls, send the emails, show up," she continued. "You know, there needs to be unrest in the streets for as long as there's unrest in our lives."

There was no indication Pressley necessarily meant anything other than peaceful protest. However, critics on social media accused her of condoning lawlessness.

Trump should have Barr arrest her on conspiracy and domestic terrorism charges. Now she can have all of the unrest she needs while sitting in federal jail. Dumb bald-headed bitch. Look at how looney and far left this idiot has become. It's like she's turned into a feminist misandric Sith Lord.

OZKHHS2B4NDMXG4RVCCLXRNC2Q.JPG

Ayanna Pressley calls for '''unrest in the streets,''' over Trump-allied politicians ignoring Americans''' concerns | Fox News

Trump should have Barr arrest her on conspiracy and domestic terrorism charges. Now she can have all of the unrest she needs while sitting in federal jail. Dumb bald-headed bitch. Look at how looney and far left this idiot has become. It's like she's turned into a feminist misandric Sith Lord.

Ayanna Pressley calls for '''unrest in the streets,''' over Trump-allied politicians ignoring Americans''' concerns | Fox News

I'm with her and thousands of others that are more than ready to take to the streets. I would encourage it for anyone who's alarmed at what Trump is doing to destroy our democracy.

Take it to the streets, protest!

Make sure you don't forget to insult her appearance but that is super relevant......oh. You are all over that.

It is interesting you get so worked up about her hair and people encouraging protests. Why do you hate rights so much?

Trump should have Barr arrest her on conspiracy and domestic terrorism charges. Now she can have all of the unrest she needs while sitting in federal jail.

I thought you people were all about free speech. I thought you people were all about standing up to government tyranny.

Funny how you enable the tyrants when you do what Putin wants.

Dumb bald-headed bitch.

Pressley suffers from alopecia areata, a condition that causes permanent hair loss. Nice of you to roll an abelist slur and a sexist slur into one. :bravo:

Look at how looney and far left this idiot has become. It's like she's turned into a feminist misandric Sith Lord.

Why are you spending your evenings posting this kind of crap?

I'm with her and thousands of others that are more than ready to take to the streets. I would encourage it for anyone who's alarmed at what Trump is doing to destroy our democracy.

Take it to the streets, protest!

Good to know Libs as usual support domestic terrorism!

I'm with her.

It's still great to know that Democrats know the difference between right and wrong, between good and evil, between Trump and a traitor. Also good to know that we ALL have a constitutional right to freedom of speech and freedom to protest.

TAKE IT TO THE STREET! PROTEST!!

Make sure you don't forget to insult her appearance but that is super relevant......oh. You are all over that.

Her appearance is a symptom of her mental illness. So yeah I'm all over that.

It is interesting you get so worked up about her hair and people encouraging protests.

She's a federally elected official inciting violence against a sitting President. She deserves life imprisonment if not the death penalty.

Why do you hate rights so much?

She does not have the right to incite violence against a President. And she's a member of your party, who's doing everything in its power to destroy rights and disobey law.

To what end?

Seems like all these protests have ZERO end game....how long will they go on?

If "Social Justice" or "Police Reform" is the ultimate game, why haven't there been ACTUAL talks, or ACTUAL meetings with the "leaders" of these protests?

I thought you people were all about free speech. I thought you people were all about standing up to government tyranny.

Pressley suffers from alopecia areata, a condition that causes permanent hair loss. Nice of you to roll an abelist slur and a sexist slur into one. :bravo:

Is Putin mentioned in the OP? Yes or no?

I give a **** about her hair loss, voluntary or not. Her language is dangerous and she needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Her statements are tyrannical and now your rioters will be further emboldened to launch another attack on the White House like they did almost immediately after the death of Floyd.

It is interesting you get so worked up about her hair and people encouraging protests. Why do you hate rights so much?

Maybe call her "orange man", or "cheeto"? Is that the kinda name calling you mean?

You must really hate our founding fathers and everything they stood for.

Thomas Jefferson said:
nd can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. they were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. god forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. the people cannot be all, & always, well informed. the part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive; if they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. we have had 13. states independant 11. years. there has been one rebellion. that comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure. our Convention has been too much impressed by

"Unrest" isn't protected speech.

Protesting is terrorism in your world?

You would have been quite happy opposing our founding fathers in the late 1700s then.

It's still great to know that Democrats know the difference between right and wrong, between good and evil, between Trump and a traitor. Also good to know that we ALL have a constitutional right to freedom of speech and freedom to protest.

TAKE IT TO THE STREET! PROTEST!!

Dems don't know when to STFU and do their jobs to uphold the law. Their outlandish remarks are pathetically more impressive than their nonexistent work ethic.

First, Ms. Pressley suffers from alopecia. She cannot help her appearance anymore than she could if she were a burn victim and commenting on her looks is both ungentlemanly and an irrelevant distraction.

Second, it is definitely irresponsible to call for "unrest in the streets," something which no sitting representative should call for. We do not need more civil unrest for more people to be injured, more property to be damaged, and more crimes being committed under the cover of police forces being overwhelmed by the chaos afoot. But it is not the same as calling for violence against the President. It is calling for disruption of the domestic tranquility of the United States.

Last edited:
As long as the rioting, assaults, looting, murder, and mayhem remain peaceful, I don't have a problem with it.

Protesting is terrorism in your world?

Protest and unrest are not generally synonymous, tacomancer. Civil unrest usually involves riot and property destruction and violence. Protest does not.

How ironic you hurl that empty invective when the majority of ACTUAL domestic terrorists are very conservative...like you. But, that's the problem with many conservatives. Speech they disagree with is considered terrorism and their own terrorism is considered free speech.

Maybe call her "orange man", or "cheeto"? Is that the kinda name calling you mean?

She lost her hair to a medical condition, Trump voluntarily gets coated in orange spray tan.

Pretend they are the same all you want but this is why no one takes you seriously.

Rioting is terrorism. They're no longer protests. Those flamed out days after Floyd died.

What evidence do you have that the term "take to the street" means advocating rioting versus protesting?

Protest and unrest are not generally synonymous, tacomancer. Civil unrest usually involves riot and property destruction and violence. Protest does not.

Civil disobedience comes in many forms. One kind of protests explicitly involves preventing things from happening and getting in the way.

That form of protest is best Described by Mario Savio, in his speech in front of Sproul hall at the university of California at Berkeley On December 2nd 1964

And that -- that brings me to the second mode of civil disobedience. There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus -- and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it -- that unless you're free the machine will be prevented from working at all!!

American Rhetoric: Mario Savio - Sproul Hall Sit-In Address

Back
Top Bottom