• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ayanna Pressley calls for 'unrest in the streets,' over Trump-allied politicians ignoring Americans'

First, Ms. Pressley suffers from alopecia. She cannot help her appearance anymore than she could if she were a burn victim and commenting on her looks is both ungentlemanly and an irrelevant distraction.

Second, it is definitely irresponsible to call for "unrest in the streets," something which no sitting representative should call for. We do not need more civil unrest for more people to be injured, more property to be damaged, and more crimes being committed under the cover of police forces being overwhelmed by the chaos afoot. But it is not the same as calling for violence against the President. It is calling for disruption of the domestic tranquility of the United States.

She directed her statements towards the President. She did not speak in generalities.

Protest and unrest are not generally synonymous, tacomancer. Civil unrest usually involves riot and property destruction and violence. Protest does not.
I think it depends on the usage of the term, her statement is unclear in this regard and there is often overlap in terminology.

She lost her hair to a medical condition, Trump voluntarily gets coated in orange spray tan.

Pretend they are the same all you want but this is why no one takes you seriously.

Trump got fat because he's old. Do you chastize your Leftist buddies for talking about him being fat? You don't. Do you? Yeah, I didn't think so.

It's still great to know that Democrats know the difference between right and wrong, between good and evil, betweenTrump and a traitor. Also good to know that we ALL have a constitutional right to freedom of speech and freedom to protest.

TAKE IT TO THE STREET! PROTEST!!

Good one.
Don't forget the difference between truth and facts.
heh heh

Dems don't know when to STFU and do their jobs to uphold the law. Their outlandish remarks are pathetically more impressive than their nonexistent work ethic.

No, democrats don't know when to speak out and speak out LOUDLY. It's going to be up to the people in this country to be once voice, to be one united force that will speak up against this corrupt regime.

Ironic of you to say that considering a sitting U.S. Rep has called for violence across the country directed at the President. If anything she's making the Founding Fathers roll in their graves.

18 U.S. Code SS 2331 - Definitions | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

No, I get it. You hate the idea of the people standing up for our freedoms.

““If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”

Samuel Adams

Trump got fat because he's old. Do you chastize your Leftist buddies for talking about him being fat? You don't. Do you? Yeah, I didn't think so.

190115112015-trump-mcdonalds-super-tease.jpg

He got fat because of a piss poor diet high in carbs and processed stuff and very little actual food (grass fed steak, veggies, etc)

Bull****.

I'm sure the personal choice steady diet of fast food crap has zero to do with it?

How ironic you hurl that empty invective when the majority of ACTUAL domestic terrorists are very conservative...like you. But, that's the problem with many conservatives. Speech they disagree with is considered terrorism and their own terrorism is considered free speech.

Ah yes, the ad hominems. Was wondering when you'd show up with those when faced with irrefutable facts about your Dem official!

Her appearance is a symptom of her mental illness. So yeah I'm all over that.

She's a federally elected official inciting violence against a sitting President. She deserves life imprisonment if not the death penalty.

She does not have the right to incite violence against a President. And she's a member of your party, who's doing everything in its power to destroy rights and disobey law.

Her hair is a symptom of a physical illness. I don't see where she called fir violence af agsinst Trump.

Soon, unrest will he called for, when Trump decides not to give up power. Will yo be on the side of Trump or the Constitution $

What evidence do you have that the term "take to the street" means advocating rioting versus protesting?

From the end of May - today has been plenty of evidence. Portland and Chicago alone are prime examples whether you agree or disagree.

No, democrats don't know when to speak out and speak out LOUDLY. It's going to be up to the people in this country to be once voice, to be one united force that will speak up against this corrupt regime.

Dems have done enough damage with their mouths. Time for them to shut their holes. And you don't have any evidence Trump is corrupt. Just lame hearsay and garbage Lib emotional rhetoric.

From the end of May - today has been plenty of evidence. Portland and Chicago alone are prime examples whether you agree or disagree.

In both cases of protestors and rioters, people have taken it to the streets. So far as I am concerned, take it to the streets means the protests, which I fully support.

However, if Trump does perform a coup (like we just saw in Belarus) and then yes people should take their country back, but that line has not yet been crossed.

Her hair is a symptom of a physical illness. I don't see where she called fir violence af agsinst Trump.

Soon, unrest will he called for, when Trump decides not to give up power. Will yo be on the side of Trump or the Constitution $

It's extremely rare for you folks to side with The Constitution.

I am talking about his spray on skin color, you are talking about his weight (that I did not mention.)

Your cowardice at addressing the issue is noted.

Back
Top Bottom