• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Axios: Trump's plan to declare premature victory

MTAtech

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

Trump has privately talked through this scenario in some detail in the last few weeks, describing plans to walk up to a podium on election night and declare he has won.
======
He plans to declare victory before the vote tally is made — even while key states haven’t counted a majority of the ballots.

In a normal world this would be shocking.

Should we still declare the winner on election night if Trump is behind at the time?

I was thinking the same thing, if this gets to the SC it's over...

A lot of people have been assuming he might do it, but confirmation from multiple sources that he plans this is still quite scary and stomach churning.

Just like he declared a victory over Covid........🤷
The problem is if he does it early enough and people are still in lines out west, it may deter people from staying in those lines. But I guess it could deter his own people. Trump has a habit of doing stupid sh** like that.

Trump has privately talked through this scenario in some detail in the last few weeks, describing plans to walk up to a podium on election night and declare he has won.
======
He plans to declare victory before the vote tally is made — even while key states haven’t counted a majority of the ballots.

He has already declared victory, even if it means the office gets handed to him by SCOTUS.

I can't see declaring a premature victory working. Those votes will still be counted no matter when he declares victory, and unless it's a razor thin margin his declaration of victory will hold no legal weight even with a conservative SC.

Can't believe all these paranoid anti-Trumpers. He's not going to need to steal an election he wins in a landslide. But keep telling your Halloween Trump monster stories.

Pennsylvania won't be done counting until Sometime on Wednesday at the earliest.

Spells it out here........

He can declare anything he wants. If all of the votes aren't counted, the results will be illegitimate.

======

Unsurprising, but it won’t work.

If Biden’s win is as definitive as predicted, Trump may still want to go through with an attempt to steal a second term, but I sincerely doubt others with higher intelligence and common sense (meaning everyone else) will go along.

======

... according to three sources familiar with his private comments.

As opposed to...

Asked for comment, the Trump campaign's communications director Tim Murtaugh said, "This is nothing but people trying to create doubt about a Trump victory. When he wins, he's going to say so."

Right. More fake news.

Moving on...

As opposed to...

Right. More fake news.

Moving on...
Because the White House is the gold standard for honesty.
"Fake news" to your side is just facts that you don't like.
This administration lied about Corona as a convenient excuse for Trump's pandemic failure. It's another battle in the right's long war on rationality.
Now, Trump said things in confidence and it got out and now the WH is lying to cover it up.

He can declare anything he wants. If all of the votes aren't counted, the results will be illegitimate.
They are already throwing out votes - was it 100K in Texas?

They are already throwing out votes - was it 100K in Texas?
Those are back in, for now. The TX Supreme Court ruled that drive up is ok.

He pretended that COVID was nothing. Why shouldn't he pretend that he won early?

Those are back in, for now. The TX Supreme Court ruled that drive up is ok.
I wonder why they picked a heavily democratic Texas County?

I wasn't aware that this was final.
I'm waiting for the Grand Old Party to try to get votes thrown out in heavily Republican counties.

I wasn't aware that this was final.
The TX Supreme Court ruled that drive up is ok. I'm sure the GOP will appeal to the federal courts.

Back
Top Bottom