• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Awards and smilies

RedAkston

Master of Shenanigans
Administrator
Dungeon Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
We've been none too pleased with our awards system since the software changeover last year (it's been almost a year already!). In the next few days you may see the awards disappear and be replaced with something new. Don't worry, we will make sure the existing awards are recognized in whatever we end up switching over to (we are looking at a couple of options right now).

We will soon be looking into adding smilies as well. Some were happy with the smiles that came with the software and some weren't. I personally miss some of the old ones but they look awful with the new software. This process may take more than a few days, so hang in there while we work on adding these.

Please be patient with us as we make these changes.

Thanks

We've been none too pleased with our awards system since the software changeover last year (it's been almost a year already!). In the next few days you may see the awards disappear and be replaced with something new. Don't worry, we will make sure the existing awards are recognized in whatever we end up switching over to (we are looking at a couple of options right now).

We will soon be looking into adding smilies as well. Some were happy with the smiles that came with the software and some weren't. I personally miss some of the old ones but they look awful with the new software. This process may take more than a few days, so hang in there while we work on adding these.

Thanks
You said you would, I knew you would, repair my awards and, hey, friends for life.

Thanks
At least the old smilies didn’t require a magnifying glass. The most missed, for me is :inandout: and :beating deadhorse:

At least the old smilies didn’t require a magnifying glass. The most missed, for me is :inandout: and :beating deadhorse:
I hate most of the current smilies--I have to hover over the image to see what it's supposed to express, grrrrr. How I'd love to have a good "Mr. Green" back!

Then it will once again be clear I know the most about football.

(I don't but don't tell them. I have 2 trophies.)

Last edited:

Thanks
👍

I liked the old smilies...the new ones, not so much...:(

Boy, Red and Schweddy are working harder lately than a one-legged man at a butt kicking contest.

Sincerely, thanks to all the staff that makes DP the best forum on the internet. :D

Thanks
Thanks Red, I've been on other forums that made the switch to this software and don't know anyone who was happy with the new smilies. They leave a lot to be desired, and I also like some of the old ones much better.

Boy, Red and Schweddy are working harder lately than a one-legged man at a butt kicking contest.

Sincerely, thanks to all the staff that makes DP the best forum on the internet. :D
Ditto!

Thanks
Awards?

I am fairly new, but I didn't know there were awatds.

How do you get the "ass hat of the year" award? Is there a leaderboard where we can check progress?

I'm new but I would like to run for Generalissimo when the voting begins.

Top menu bar, fourth from the left. But, click on the little 'drop-down' menu triangle on the right side of the button. Then click on 'Your Awards' for the big laugh.

I hate most of the current smilies--I have to hover over the image to see what it's supposed to express, grrrrr. How I'd love to have a good "Mr. Green" back!
Och aye

Just to update everyone, we are having a difficult time finding a replacement for what we have that does what we want it to do. We haven't given up but it's going to take a bit longer unfortunately. I will continue to work on this over the weekend and will get some new smilies in place this weekend as well.

Just to update everyone, we are having a difficult time finding a replacement for what we have that does what we want it to do. We haven't given up but it's going to take a bit longer unfortunately. I will continue to work on this over the weekend and will get some new smilies in place this weekend as well.
Thank you for all the work you do around here.

Good to see some dedication but take the weekend off.... its not that important.

You did it!. Color me impressed.

Update: there isn't a great option for the awards. There was an update to our current system and it's been installed and I'm slowly working on getting it set up the way I want it. So if you see some funky things over the next few days, that's just me working on the settings. Once I get that all straightened out, I'll work on the smilies.

Update: there isn't a great option for the awards. There was an update to our current system and it's been installed and I'm slowly working on getting it set up the way I want it. So if you see some funky things over the next few days, that's just me working on the settings. Once I get that all straightened out, I'll work on the smilies.
(y)(y)(y)

Back
Top Bottom