• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Avigdor Lieberman Resigns as Israeli Defense Minister.

Evilroddy

Pragmatic, pugilistic, prancing, porcine politico.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Hard-liner Avigdor Lieberman has resigned as Defence Minister over the less militarist direction which the Benjamin Netanyahu-Likud Government has chosen to try with respect to the Palestinians. Four words come to mind when I think about the significance of this resignation. "Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!" Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Avi! This is a very small but significant step towards greater peace and possible coexistence with the Palestinian people in the Levant. I hope Bibi does a better job than Avi did.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

The Islamist terror group of Hamas and its supporters will be missing Lieberman in office.
Horrible defense minister who wasn't able to carry through a single one of his promises. (On non-defense issues as well)
Whoever his replacement will be (probably after the elections) it'll surely be much better.

Good riddance to bad rubbish

I do , however , think that this man might well reappear in some future political position/nominee role . He is a hard line right wing ethno thug and so will appeal to many young people in Israeli society today

Good riddance to bad rubbish

I do , however , think that this man might well reappear in some future political position/nominee role . He is a hard line right wing ethno thug and so will appeal to many young people in Israeli society today

Wow. You really do have a deep and fulsome understanding of Israeli society and culture...

Wow. You really do have a deep and fulsome understanding of Israeli society and culture...

Refer to the polls and see what young Israelis tend to support. They are more racist than their parents and support all sorts of odious measures being taken against Palestinian civilians of Israel and the wholesale rights violations and slaughterings of Palestinians their country occupies and besieges. Read the proclamations of the state funded Rabbis on whose words they hang their hats on such as the Kings Torah.

Familiarize yourself with the openly racist and pro violent proclamations from people within the Israeli government itself

The right wing rules in Israel and has for some time now. And every day their influence engenders more and more hostility and fear mongering wrt both Palestinians in Israel and those under occupation / siege. There are a tiny minority of Israelis , a highly commendable minority nonetheless , that are resisting this growing tide of anti Arab racism.

In fact its never been a better time for someone who holds those opinions to go and live there

Refer to the polls and see what young Israelis tend to support. They are more racist than their parents and support all sorts of odious measures being taken against Palestinian civilians of Israel and the wholesale rights violations and slaughterings of Palestinians their country occupies and besieges. Read the proclamations of the state funded Rabbis on whose words they hang their hats on such as the Kings Torah.

Familiarize yourself with the openly racist and pro violent proclamations from people within the Israeli government itself

The right wing rules in Israel and has for some time now. And every day their influence engenders more and more hostility and fear mongering wrt both Palestinians in Israel and those under occupation / siege. There are a tiny minority of Israelis , a highly commendable minority nonetheless , that are resisting this growing tide of anti Arab racism.

In fact its never been a better time for someone who holds those opinions to go and live there

Exhibit A for the impact of biased media “educating” a bunch of anti Israeli leftists.

You really have no clue at all.

I remember seeing a thought exercise where someone used the European media lens on a random European country, creating the same kind of ridiculous distortions that come from such educated antisemetic “progressives” in European media. And all we see here is the NPC impact of that propaganda. So thanks for that, at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exhibit A for the impact of biased media “educating” a bunch of anti Israeli leftists.

I remember seeing a thought exercise where someone used the European media lens on a random European country, creating the same kind of ridiculous distortions that come from such educated antisemetic “progressives” in European media. And all we see here is the NPC impact of that propaganda. So thanks for that, at least.

CJ 2.0:

NPC?

National Petroleum Council? National Peoples' Congress? Non-Player Character? I'm lost. Throw me a clue.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

When you haven't got a response what do you do ?

Claim the other person hasn't a clue and play the antisemite card lol

Seriously , you should consider moving there. The climate is just right for you imo

CJ 2.0:

NPC?

National Petroleum Council? National Peoples' Congress? Non-Player Character? I'm lost. Throw me a clue.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Try the gaming term....... None Playing Character.

When you haven't got a response what do you do ?

Claim the other person hasn't a clue and play the antisemite card lol

Seriously , you should consider moving there. The climate is just right for you imo

Nah. Too hot.

Incidentally, I didn't really play any sort of card, and he very clearly is misinformed, so not sure what got you all hot and bothered. Maybe you should check it out? Israel has a ridiculous tolerance for hostile western "do gooders" looking to distort reality and look down on the Jews. You can join one of those fancy NGOs paid for by European governments and bus around the country looking for things to distort to fit into your worldview. I mean, after all, if you were into a reality-based approach you wouldn't be able to castigate Israel for the views of its people while ignoring the views of every single surrounding country in the region. Cause that would be manipulative distortative propaganda, and we know you don't do that...

Last edited:
Nah. Too hot.

Incidentally, I didn't really play any sort of card, and he very clearly is misinformed, so not sure what got you all hot and bothered. Maybe you should check it out? Israel has a ridiculous tolerance for hostile western "do gooders" looking to distort reality and look down on the Jews. You can join one of those fancy NGOs paid for by European governments and bus around the country looking for things to distort to fit into your worldview. I mean, after all, if you were into a reality-based approach you wouldn't be able to castigate Israel for the views of its people while ignoring the views of every single surrounding country in the region. Cause that would be manipulative distortative propaganda, and we know you don't do that...

You played the antisemite card but bizarrely want to claim you haven't :roll:

" Too hot " ? You ? if you say so lol

I think it's me that is getting you and the other propagandists here a little hot and bothered. You know exposing the straw men . Putting up facts that rubbish your claims and attempts to demonize/malign the Palestinian unpeople. But, as we already know , you have your own personal reality where free speech is just for people who agree with your views. All Arabs are dishonest. IDF can attack Hamas but Hamas can't attack the IDF.........the list is long

You will not research the racist and violent proclamations coming from Israeli government people and society today. You don't really want to know the truth be known .The polls that show how racism and anti Arab bigotry are rising and rising and will ultimately explode in a grotesque fashion at some future date

This thread is about Lieberman resigning precisely because his wish for massive violence isn't being met. His view , despite the governments wish at the moment not to carry out another mass slaughter , enjoys massive support within Israeli society. Burying your head in the sand about this and playing the whatabout them game , throwing out the antisemite card to those who are pointing this out doesn't change the reality

You played the antisemite card but bizarrely want to claim you haven't :roll:

Nope. Didn't.

" Too hot " ? You ? if you say so lol

Right. Sorry forgot you've never been there.

I think it's me that is getting you and the other propagandists here a little hot and bothered. You know exposing the straw men . Putting up facts that rubbish your claims and attempts to demonize/malign the Palestinian unpeople. But, as we already know , you have your own personal reality where free speech is just for people who agree with your views. All Arabs are dishonest. IDF can attack Hamas but Hamas can't attack the IDF.........the list is long

of course you have free speech. I personally WANT for the "pro-Palestinians" to openly expose themselves and their real agenda with things. If anything I want to see MORE open speech about what you guys really think and really want.

And yes, the US can attack ISIS but ISIS can't attack the United States. Yes The French attacking Germany was ok but Germany attacking France was not. This isn't hard, but again thankls for being willing to put it out in the open that reality-based assessments are not what we are playing with on your side of the pond.

You will not research the racist and violent proclamations coming from Israeli government people and society today. You don't really want to know the truth be known .The polls that show how racism and anti Arab bigotry are rising and rising and will ultimately explode in a grotesque fashion at some future date

lol. Now do [insert any other country in the region] and compare and contrast. You know, like pretend you are interested in understanding anything or putting things in context.

For example, how do views of Arabs in Israel compare, say, to the views of Jews in France, let alone Saudi Arabia.

I know, I know. Hard to demonize the Jews for trying to defend themselves while presenting information honestly and in a way that isn't designed to distort, but what can I tell you.

This thread is about Lieberman resigning precisely because his wish for massive violence isn't being met. His view , despite the governments wish at the moment not to carry out another mass slaughter , enjoys massive support within Israeli society. Burying your head in the sand about this and playing the whatabout them game , throwing out the antisemite card to those who are pointing this out doesn't change the reality

Lieberman talks a good game in terms of understanding Hamas and Palestinian intentions and aspirations. He isn't wrong about any of those, whether or not he actually advocates the positions privately that he states publicly. Now you of course, being objective and not supporting terrorism, presumably didn't mean to imply that Lieberman advocating a forceful response against a terrorist organization that just committed well over 450 war crimes (which you "do not support" of course), since if you want to demonize a guy for advocating a forceful response to hundreds of terrorist war crimes it might create an (accurate) impression that you are not as ... opposed to terrorism as you might like to project...

Nope. Didn't.

Yes you absolutely did. Seriously , why is every thread the victim of dishonesty from the usual suspects here ?

Here's what you wrote

CJ2.0 said:

The parts I have highlighted clearly show that the " European progressives " ( which includes me , so you are aiming that at me too ) are being portrayed by you as " anti Israeli " , " antisemitic progressives "

Why do you still choose to just deny and deceive even when the evidence is clearly so well documented ?

of course you have free speech. I personally WANT for the "pro-Palestinians" to openly expose themselves and their real agenda with things. If anything I want to see MORE open speech about what you guys really think and really want.

In a recent thread it was you that was cheering moves in the US aimed at criminalizing those who choose to criticize Israeli state policy . Yet here you are claiming to support the polar opposite

Yes you absolutely did. Seriously , why is every thread the victim of dishonesty from the usual suspects here ?

Here's what you wrote

The parts I have highlighted clearly show that the " European progressives " ( which includes me , so you are aiming that at me too ) are being portrayed by you as " anti Israeli " , " antisemitic progressives "

Why do you still choose to just deny and deceive even when the evidence is clearly so well documented ?

Cause that's not a card and it wasn't directed at you or any other poster. Right? Are you an antisemetic progressive in European media? Are you a progressive in European media at all?

Just because you read and believe the distorted nonsense which is 100% motivated by a historic hatred of Jews and a satisfaction in doing the "see Jews are as bad as Nazis" shtick doesn't mean you are a European media personality. It just means that you are buying what they are feeding you.

In a recent thread it was you that was cheering moves in the US aimed at criminalizing those who choose to criticize Israeli state policy . Yet here you are claiming to support the polar opposite

Nice distortion. I was saying we should criminalize people who criticize Israeli state policy?

Oh wait, I didn't do that. I assume you are referencing opposition to the racist BDS organization and their efforts to ... create a world where Israel doesn't exist and Jews no longer have self determination? But here in real life that is different than "criminalizing those who choose to criticize Israeli state policy", so I'm struggling a bit. Enlighten me?

Cause that's not a card and it wasn't directed at you or any other poster. Right? Are you an antisemetic progressive in European media? Are you a progressive in European media at all?

Oh please, lol. Do you think we were all born yesterday ? You have such contempt for the members here that you think you can shimmy left and shimmy right and they will be thrown out to the fact that you call everyone an antisemite if they criticize Israeli policies or actions ?

I am English and don't work in the media but that counts for nothing regarding your accusation because you also claim that those that read their articles repeat the mantras they peddle. So if they espouse antisemitic sentiments their readers will , that's your claim. So please don't insult everyones intelligence here with the " I wasn't referring to posters here " routine. Yes you were and you are constantly calling on the antisemite card to use against them regardless of where they are from or what and whom they read. The qualifier is being critical of Israel iyo
Just because you read and believe the distorted nonsense which is 100% motivated by a historic hatred of Jews and a satisfaction in doing the "see Jews are as bad as Nazis" shtick doesn't mean you are a European media personality. It just means that you are buying what they are feeding you.

You have just proven the exact point I have made with the above two sentences

You outed yourself with it in fact lol :roll:

It is true that many israeli youth, due to the vast swathes of religious and sephardim(Jews from arab countries) having children, are much more idealistic and will become the majority voting bloc. Still, as long as the ashkenazi elite hold power, they will, ironically, always take a more peaceful approach.

Kinda sad really....ashkenazim are the jews that are hated the most, but they're the ones that capitulate the most to arabs, at the cost of sephardi lives.

What's your problem? the young are the future, the ones who will change things, and make society better.

What's your problem? the young are the future, the ones who will change things, and make society better.

If the youth are subjected to right wing and racist views that make them detest Arabs how is that going to make that society better ?

Just like there are people on the Palestinian side that are also guilty of inciting , the rise of the right in Israel has had the same corrosive effect. That's my problem with it

If the youth are subjected to right wing and racist views that make them detest Arabs how is that going to make that society better ?

Just like there are people on the Palestinian side that are also guilty of inciting , the rise of the right in Israel has had the same corrosive effect. That's my problem with it

Question: Is there ever a time when a "right wing" view ISN'T racist?

The two have a close correlation imo

In the last few decades in Europe there has been a surge in immigration and the subsequent rise of the right. Immigration makes people vote for right wingers more. The right wing is more prone to promoting identity politics precisely to exploit that

It's a bit off topic so I will just leave it at that

What doesn't seem to be in doubt is the rise in anti Arab sentiments since the Likud coalition , which includes Lieberman or did include him , has led the Knesset. The polls conducted by various sources have mapped it and state legislation reflects it.

The young are more and more hardcore , more racist. That's just the way it is there now

Nice distortion. I was saying we should criminalize people who criticize Israeli state policy?

I thought you did but can't be bothered trawling through past threads to find the exact text ( done enough of that of late ) so will have to accept the above question as being a fair one and will be happy to retract the accusation wrt that particular thread at least

However

If we are forced , as we are being forced , into accepting a definition of antisemitism whereby criticism of Israel is included and counted as a hate crime then yes the criminalisation of people who are critical of Israeli policies and actions is being supported.

And as you have stated that all criticism of Israeli actions and /or policies is the result of " Jew hating " ( if the person is none Jewish ) with any Jewish people that are critical termed as being , to paraphrase , " self haters that wish to ingratiate themselves with none Jews " then yes you are guilty as charged. Your numerous posts promoting these views are and do serve as the evidence

Oh wait, I didn't do that. I assume you are referencing opposition to the racist BDS organization and their efforts to ... create a world where Israel doesn't exist and Jews no longer have self determination? But here in real life that is different than "criminalizing those who choose to criticize Israeli state policy", so I'm struggling a bit. Enlighten me?

If it were just reserved for advocates of the BDS movement you might have a point but it's not. You play the antisemite card against anyone and everyone that is critical of Israeli actions or policies with any Jewish people treated as self haters

Enlightened a little more now ?

23c.gif

Back
Top Bottom