• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Avenatti releases client’s identity, allegations against Kavanaugh

From The Hill

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/news/408490-avenatti-releases-clients-identity-allegations-against-kavanaugh%3famp

It’s doesn’t appear that this accuser’s sworn testimony directly implicates Kavanaugh in participating in a group assault, but her affidavit does poke one more hole in his choir boy persona. Tough to see how GOP leadership keeps plowing ahead without sussing some of this out.

Ah, okay. So he allegedly witnessed this, not participated in it. Well, if that's true, that's honestly just as damning if he did. Because that would make him complicit. But this is still a he said/she said dynamic at this point, so I'm still going to remain in the middle on this.

Who says they're dishonest?

because we have over 100 people that know kavanaugh actually that says he never acted this way.
everyone for women who clerked for him to ex girlfriends in both college and high school.

so there we have it plenty of character witness testimony that shows that theses accusations are so far out there.

Do you realize that at the time she was 19/20. at parties and possibly having sex with 16-17 year old guys?
do you not realize that her statements put her own self at risk for possible charges?

also she never actually accuses him of doing anything. why? because if this is an official affidavit any actual accusation that is proven false puts her
on the perjury stand.

you can tell by the way it is written she insinuates but never actually accuses.
there is a reason for that.

I agree, but her statement very carefully does not say exactly that.
This is why I said this looked like it was crafted by a lawyer.
it implies something but does not cross the line of actual accusation.
In her statement in Sect 12, she states she witnessed Judge & Kavanaugh contribute to this. I can't get it off of Twitter.

What will happen, going forward, is that women wont wait to come forward. The MeToo# movement is making it safer for women to come forward now. To not be afraid to come forward, to understand that they are much likelier to be believed now.

These women coming forward also have to remember that in order to be seen as credible, they have to corroborate their stories with witnesses willing to testify on their behalf.
If they aren't willing to do this, it does look like they are thwarting a confirmation process for political gain or for some other nefarious reason.

We also have to remember that Judge Kavanaugh has many who will testify in his favor. We also have to remember that Judge Kavanaugh should be believed too. The onus is on the accuser to prove that he shouldn't be believed.

Furthermore, The #metoo movement has seriously been hurt by those who have already decided that women should be believed, and men should not. And that's a damn shame.

Meh...maybe at some future time. At the moment I'm more than a little grossed out, if I'm honest. That there were people drugging and raping at all should be the point at which everyone stops fighting...or maybe I'm just the one that feels like that's a good place to cease with the "ya, buts"... I was raised on old fashioned, conservative values, though... Not sure WTF passes for values these days...I guess whatever your partisan tribe tells you... :shrug:

These accusations arent true. I am honestly shocked that so many people buy into such obvious lies.

These women coming forward also have to remember that in order to be seen as credible, they have to corroborate their stories with witnesses willing to testify in their behalf.
If they aren't willing to do this, it does look like they are thwarting a confirmation process for political gain. We have to remember that Judge Kavanaugh has many who will testify in his favor. We also have to remember that Judge Kavanaugh should be believed too. The onus is on the accuser to prove that he shouldn't be believes.

Furthermore, The #metoo movement has seriously been hurt by those who have already decided that women should be believed, and men should not. And that's a damn shame.

Why wont Mark Judged be required to testify?

These accusations arent true. I am honestly shocked that so many people buy into such obvious lies.

From day one, you believed nothing, other than Kavanaugh and trump. Should we expect any better today?

That does not surprise me ... she's 3 years older than Kavanaugh ...

@DroppedmicA
Follow Follow @DroppedmicA

Swetnick is 3yrs older than Kavanaugh.��
1981: Brett 16, Swetnick 19
1982: Brett 17, Swetnick 20
So she was a witness to gang rapes, never reported, in college, went to high school parties w/ younger guys raping girls? She has sec clearance for years being witness to gang rape?

9:43 AM - 26 Sep 2018

It does make one wonder how a woman who should have been in college at the time ended up at parties with high school kids. According to a CNBC article she graduated high school in 1980 and the events she purports to have information on happened in the subsequent two years. While that in no way discredits her claims it does make them a bit suspicious. I mean, maybe this woman didn't leave town after high school. Maybe she attended a community college or didn't go to college. That would at least make sense for why she was around.

However, and this is pure speculation, if she was a couple of years older than the kids at these parties that would lead me, based on experience, to question what her purpose was in being there. I mean, it was rather unusual to have someone from outside your general social circle at these parties and if she attended she would have been an "older woman". Is it possible that she went to these parties specifically to "socialize" with a younger crowd? This wouldn't exactly be "Mrs Robinson" territory but such things aren't exactly unheard of (does "female teacher has relationship with male students ring a bell"?).

She signed a sworn confession to numerous extremely serious felonies and civilly actionable torts in her confession. Drag her before a STATE grand jury after obtaining all possible witnesses to back up her CONFESSION, indict her, prosecute her, and send her to prison for life for conspiring to commit numerous acts of aggravated rape - and very possibly directly committing rape herself physically if she had sex with anyone there on any occasion - which she admits - though bizarrely called that "rape."

Ah, okay. So he allegedly witnessed this, not participated in it. Well, if that's true, that's honestly just as damning if he did. Because that would make him complicit. But this is still a he said/she said dynamic at this point, so I'm still going to remain in the middle on this.

For a young woman, you are quite wise. When I see such comments coming from the next generation, it is encouraging.

She needs to name those she told. We don't even know if those she told were present at the party.
Don't you wonder why no other women who were allegedly raped haven't come forward to back this woman's account?
Surely other women would be willing to corroborate, since so many women attended at least TEN train rape parties, and drank Kavanaugh's spiked drinks.
Agreed. I'd like to see more corroboration. Actually, I'd like there to be a thorough investigation. But it's not unusual I think for others complicit to remain silent, including victims. Remember, Cosby had something like what? 60 accusers? When they finally came out? This just seems to be the nature of the beast.

well the bigger issue here is that not only did she know it was going on she still went.
she still drank and she still participated.

nor did she report any of this to the authorities.

i know for a fact if i go to a party and see people going into a room and having sex with an unconscious female the first thing I am going to do is
report it to the cops. I am not going to go back to that party or hang out with those people.

so her story is not making sense from that stand point.

the other issue here is this.

at the time she was in fact 19 and 20.
Kavanaugh was 16 and 17.

so she has opened her own self up to investigation for a sex with minor charge.

It does make one wonder how a woman who should have been in college at the time ended up at parties with high school kids. According to a CNBC article she graduated high school in 1980 and the events she purports to have information on happened in the subsequent two years. While that in no way discredits her claims it does make them a bit suspicious. I mean, maybe this woman didn't leave town after high school. Maybe she attended a community college or didn't go to college. That would at least make sense for why she was around.

However, and this is pure speculation, if she was a couple of years older than the kids at these parties that would lead me, based on experience, to question what her purpose was in being there. I mean, it was rather unusual to have someone from outside your general social circle at these parties and if she attended she would have been an "older woman". Is it possible that she went to these parties specifically to "socialize" with a younger crowd? This wouldn't exactly be "Mrs Robinson" territory but such things aren't exactly unheard of (does "female teacher has relationship with male students ring a bell"?).

Or, she is lying and no such parties ever took place.

These women coming forward also have to remember that in order to be seen as credible, they have to corroborate their stories with witnesses willing to testify on their behalf.
If they aren't willing to do this, it does look like they are thwarting a confirmation process for political gain. We have to remember that Judge Kavanaugh has many who will testify in his favor. We also have to remember that Judge Kavanaugh should be believed too. The onus is on the accuser to prove that he shouldn't be believed.

At a minimum they have to provide enough details and specifics so that a credible investigation can be conducted. It's a difficult issue but we have to remember there ARE TWO SIDES to the situation.

Why wont Mark Judged be required to testify?

Why should he be required to testify? It's not a court of law.
These women should file criminal charges in DC and then he can be subpoenaed to testify.

Or, she is lying and no such parties ever took place.

The woman just came forward today, you have nothing other than your inbred hatred and anger to know this woman is lying. Based upon what we have learned today, Kavanaugh will never be confirmed, and doesnt deserve to be.

It difficult to imagine that everyone is lying, but him.

Re: 3rd woman comes forward accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct

Oh well. When you basically cheat in order to ensure you get candidates voted onto the Supreme Court bench (4/17 "nuclear option") and leave your opponents no options, then maybe they'll also decide to play dirty.

Do I agree with anyone coming forward falsely? Definitely not but hey, I will support and admire any woman (or man) who will throw themselves under the bus to prevent poor SCOTUS choices. They are patriots.

It's sad that this is what Democrats have been reduced to but it was a cheap, barely legal thing to do invoking the nuclear option for Gorsuch. Basically it said, there is no need for the nomination process, we will propose AND confirm whoever we want. Which is absolutely not the intent of the process.

Democrats have a valid complaint about Obama's nominee ignored. It was Democrats who - despite warnings - invoked the US Constitution only requiring a simple majority. However, Kavanaugh was involved in none of this and his entire lifetime's academic and profession (at huge financial sacrifice) has been in service to the federal judiciary.

Dehumanizing him, declaring all rules of justice and ethics thrown out to personally destroy HIM, shows an unthinkable level of stripping away that any of us have any individual rights whatsoever. Kavanaugh has NEVER held a political office nor sought one. I can not find him even ever endorsing or campaigning for anyone.

People should be TERRIFIED of the Democratic Party. What if YOU get in their way? YOU as a human do not even exist to them. There are no individual rights in their book.

nor does "I heard" he was involved mean squat. as I noted (truthfully) I have heard that Hillary had vince foster "cleaned", that her husband raped Juanita Broderick etc. that's what we have here. and i you claim I am lying how do you prove I never heard it>

now if I said Say Mitt Romney told me that and he denies it and I say he told me that when I met with in On April 14th, 2012, and he shows I was in Ohio (I was) and he was in Nevada-now I am guilty of perjury. But If I said I heard someone say it at a Romney Rally some place in Ohio in 2012-you cannot claim I am lying even if I am
In Section 12 of her statement, she goes further to say she witnessed Judge & Kavanaugh contributing to this. You'll have to go to Avenatti's Twitter to see it, though.

But regardless, this definitely requires deeper investigation IMHO.

Why should he be required to testify? It's not a court of law.
These women should file criminal charges in DC and then he can be subpoenaed to testify.

He knows more about this than anyone other than Kav himself. I am afraid neither you or the Senate committee rally want to know what he may be forced to say under oath.

For a young woman, you are quite wise. When I see such comments coming from the next generation, it is encouraging.

it is concerning that more people are not as tempered as women like you, nota and governess.

we are back to the days of pitch forks and torches it is very scary time right now.

In Section 12 of her statement, she goes further to say she witnessed Judge & Kavanaugh contributing to this. You'll have to go to Avenatti's Twitter to see it, though.

But regardless, this definitely requires deeper investigation IMHO.

Well, I can agree with that. If this did in fact happen, even if the woman in question chose not to try and contact the police, that would still be a terrible look for Kavanaugh & Crew. But we'll see if they let her testify or not. I don't know how exactly that's gonna be handled.

Back
Top Bottom