• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Authorities release new details about police shooting of Jacob Blake

Because in the modern era cooperating with police in the United States has been no guarantee that the cooperative person will not be injured or killed.

But do you believe that the uncooperative person is MORE likely to be injured or killed than the cooperative person, LESS likely, or about the same?

But do you believe that the uncooperative person is MORE likely to be injured or killed than the cooperative person, LESS likely, or about the same?
Probably more likely. How much more likely would be an interesting study.

Because in the modern era cooperating with police in the United States has been no guarantee that the cooperative person will not be injured or killed.
yeah, peaceful cooperation only guarantees about 99.999999% safety.

WTF is LEO?

Yeah, cops should always take a bullet before they dare defend themselves. I smell what you are stepping in.

Law Enforcement Officer.

What did I say can you refute?

Do you believe that cooperation is a guarantee of safety? One body twitch can be, literally, called resisting arrest. Do you believe autistic children behave "cooperatively"? Once someone does not behave cooperatively, is it OK to shoot them dead?

Do you believe that cooperation is a guarantee of safety? One body twitch can be, literally, called resisting arrest. Do you believe autistic children behave "cooperatively"? Once someone does not behave cooperatively, is it OK to shoot them dead?

I don't think that there are any guarantees in life, whether one is dealing with police, politicians, crooks or rioters.

But I think your chances to suffer injury or death probably do escalate if you choose to resist arrest in most situations.

Are you aware of any specific CONTEMPORARY situations in which a suspect resisted arrest, and as a result of so doing escaped injury or death?

LEO in Euro countries face similar situation yet for some reason don't run through all possibilities in their mind in a second to conjure-up a reason to shoot somebody in the back 7x. They just don't get why we kill each other so often here. You've got the propaganda backwards.

That may be about the most stupid comment you could have chosen to make.

Just think, if he would have just cooperated with police, we wouldn't even be having this conversation right?
Wrong. I've watched video of the police escalating a situation into an execution. The cops are not your friend.

Wrong. I've watched video of the police escalating a situation into an execution. The cops are not your friend.

So why do you suppose the police tased this guy?

For fun?

Never forget Daniel Shaver; poor guy died in terror doing his utmost best to comply with this psychopathic maniac cop's asinine instructions:

So why do you suppose the police tased this guy?

For fun?
Because they could. You as with most americans who have not had any negative run ins with the cops all think they are good guys upholding the law. I've seen other parts of cops that weren't so good and had a very close cousin who was a cop in philly for almost twenty years. He told me some stories that would scare the crap out of you about cops. Snorting meth in his car with a hooker, buying his drugs from other cops. I was not the nicest person when I was younger and one day looking for some drugs, I was held up by two undercover cops, one stuck a gun in my ribs while the other went through my pockets and stole my money then told me if they see me back in this neighborhood today they would bust me and on my way I went.

I looked it up on line, no such idiom, just an FYI

Just an FYI, in law enforcement communication, I hear it all the time:

LEO Bill of Rights is another advantage police have that the ordinary citizen does not, to their disadvantage.

Just an FYI, in law enforcement communication, I hear it all the time:

LEO Bill of Rights is another advantage police have that the ordinary citizen does not, to their disadvantage.

lol, i have never heard it... guess you don't live inside the confines of the law as i...

Because they could. You as with most americans who have not had any negative run ins with the cops all think they are good guys upholding the law. I've seen other parts of cops that weren't so good and had a very close cousin who was a cop in philly for almost twenty years. He told me some stories that would scare the crap out of you about cops. Snorting meth in his car with a hooker, buying his drugs from other cops. I was not the nicest person when I was younger and one day looking for some drugs, I was held up by two undercover cops, one stuck a gun in my ribs while the other went through my pockets and stole my money then told me if they see me back in this neighborhood today they would bust me and on my way I went.

Because they could.

There must have been a reason other than "They could"

What was it?

There must have been a reason other than "They could"

What was it?
Did you see me there dressed in a police uniform? No because I wan't there. Why are you asking me what was in their minds?

I don't think that there are any guarantees in life, whether one is dealing with police, politicians, crooks or rioters.

But I think your chances to suffer injury or death probably do escalate if you choose to resist arrest in most situations.

Are you aware of any specific CONTEMPORARY situations in which a suspect resisted arrest, and as a result of so doing escaped injury or death?

Sure. Getting slammed over the hood of a car or thrown to the ground and held down does not necessarily result in injury. You may be resisting not by intent and still get killed.

That may be about the most stupid comment you could have chosen to make.

Then why do Euro countries have such low rates of cops killing unarmed civilians compared to the US? It's no like they never face similar situation.

Sure. Getting slammed over the hood of a car or thrown to the ground and held down does not necessarily result in injury. You may be resisting not by intent and still get killed.

"Specific," as in recorded cases.

No. It's the court. LEO can decide what is reasonable to them, at the time, by their judgement. The case is decided by what is reasonable according to the jury and, to some extent, the judge. It isn't impossible for LEO to be wrong in judgement of what is reasonable. They are human, you know.
Most of them, anyway. I've seen Robocop.

Then why do Euro countries have such low rates of cops killing unarmed civilians compared to the US? It's no like they never face similar situation.

I don't know. Maybe the folks stopped by cops in Europe don't act like violent, drug addicted thugs threatening violence.

What's your theory?

lol, i have never heard it... guess you don't live inside the confines of the law as i...

If your area of law is confined to such as real estate and not criminal law, I certainly understand. LEO is a very broad term applying to any officer of the law, which can incl park ranger or housing inspector or quite a few other.

If your area of law is confined to such as real estate and not criminal law, I certainly understand. LEO is a very broad term applying to any officer of the law, which can incl park ranger or housing inspector or quite a few other.

someone should tell Google

When officers arrived, they attempted to arrest Blake and used a Taser to try to stop him,

next question
Yeah, over here teach. How does a man get tased (which is nowhere to be seen in the video) and still walk briskly away from four or five cops?

Back
Top Bottom