• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Authorities release new details about police shooting of Jacob Blake

I assume you've also seen stats that persuaded you that Europe is so much better with their police response than America is. The viability of those stats, of course, will be the same as the racial statistics you advocate: they're only so good as the methodology they utilize.

I find it amusing that you're completely uncritical regarding the objectivity of the stat-compilers, but you automatically discount any objectivity on the part of the police department. I assume that's why you discount the specific story that Jacob Blake was indeed armed and posed a clear and present danger to the minor he was abducting.

I’m saying the Euro police response is better based on the outcome of a lower % of LEO killing of unarmed people, regardless of race/ethnicity, as compared to US outcome. That’s the only objective data available you and I have to go on with the assumption the methodology of one is as good as the other, having no other assumption to go on.

I am not uncritical of the stat compilers. As usual, you make false assumption of me. LEO are poor source of statistical compilation of these kinds of stats, as the FBI has previously concluded. As for compiling a police report by a police officer which may serve to exonerate a fellow officer or themselves of any action in a shooting, that is a biased report by definition. Whether done so by US, Euro or whatever LEO officer.

Blake was no more armed and dangerous than the officers at the scene allowed to be for their lack of command and control, nor any more of a threat than Euro LEO face w/o escalating to shooting the man 7 times in the back. Remember, it’s in the mind of the officer that determines threat on the scene and any need thereby to use deadly force that is not the same mind set of Euro officer approach to policing.

It is highly unlikely any prosecuting office that is as a DA married to the PD would ever prosecute to the full extent of the law should such a case ever even get to court that would result in any guilt of any kind against the perception in the mind of the involved officer. That is a major flaw in our legal system, where prosecution should be managed outside of the local DA office.

Can't quote you, hmm?

"Culturalism is the racist excuse and replacement view for racism."

From your later statements I'm sure you did not intend to make such a summary statement, but you did, so you may as well admit that you erred. I don't really care which of the two positions you hold, but even the less absolute position is a convenient cop-out that allows you to invalidate any white person's critique of elements-- remember, I said "elements"-- of black culture.

This ties in neatly with your notion that "magnitude" is the only measure of evil.

Your lack of English language comprehension is not my problem. That culturalism is used as a racist excuse and replacement view for racism doesn't mean that I think that makes it so. Culturalism is NOT racism. Racist, though, use culture as a reason for why people of a race/color/ethnicity are in a certain social condition to provide cover for their racist views. Being that the reason why "those people" are in such condition is because of their race/color/ethnicity. That you refuse to accept my plain-English declarative statement is your problem. Now you've slid back from the black culture being it's own reason for its own social condition to "elements" of black culture. You're showing your true colors. See you on another thread.

I am not uncritical of the stat compilers. As usual, you make false assumption of me. LEO are poor source of statistical compilation of these kinds of stats, as the FBI has previously concluded. As for compiling a police report by a police officer which may serve to exonerate a fellow officer or themselves of any action in a shooting, that is a biased report by definition. Whether done so by US, Euro or whatever LEO officer.

This makes no sense:

"I am not uncritical of the stat compilers. As usual, you make false assumption of me. LEO are poor source of statistical compilation of these kinds of stats, as the FBI has previously concluded. As for compiling a police report by a police officer which may serve to exonerate a fellow officer or themselves of any action in a shooting, that is a biased report by definition. Whether done so by US, Euro or whatever LEO officer."

So, you claim you're not uncritical of the stat compilers, and by the end of the paragraph, you're still talking, as before, about the unreliability of LEO reports. In what way do you think one has anything to do with the other?

And for exactly what reason do you discount the assertion that Blake has a knife and fought officers when they attempted to take him prisoner? Do you discount the report to which I linked simply because it came from police officers?

Your lack of English language comprehension is not my problem. That culturalism is used as a racist excuse and replacement view for racism doesn't mean that I think that makes it so. Culturalism is NOT racism. Racist, though, use culture as a reason for why people of a race/color/ethnicity are in a certain social condition to provide cover for their racist views. Being that the reason why "those people" are in such condition is because of their race/color/ethnicity. That you refuse to accept my plain-English declarative statement is your problem. Now you've slid back from the black culture being it's own reason for its own social condition to "elements" of black culture. You're showing your true colors. See you on another thread.

I stopped reading at the point where you stated "culturalism is not racism," because that is exactly what you did say, even if you didn't mean to say it. Sack up and admit it.

Back
Top Bottom