• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Authorities find 39 missing children in Georgia operation

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From United Press International

Aug. 29 (UPI) -- U.S. Marshals said they have found 39 missing children in a two-week operation this month in Atlanta and Macon, Ga.
The search, dubbed "Operation Not Forgotten," resulted in the rescue of 26 children, the safe location of 13 children and arrest of nine people, a U.S. Marshals statement said Thursday.

"The U.S. Marshals Service is fully committed to assisting federal, state and local agencies with locating and recovering endangered missing children, in addition to their primary fugitive apprehension mission," Donald Washington, the director of the Marshals Service said in the statement. "The message to missing children and their families is that we will never stop looking for you."

Investigators also cleared 26 arrest warrants, including warrants for the nine arrested, and filed additional charges for alleged crimes related to sex trafficking, parental kidnapping, registered sex offender violations, drugs and weapons possession, and custodial interference.

The missing children were considered to be some of the most at-risk in the area based on factors such as child sex trafficking, child exploitation, sexual abuse, physical abuse, and medical or mental health conditions, the statement added. The U.S. Marshals Service Missing Child Unit worked in conjunction with the Southeast Regional Fugitive Task Force and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

The FBI says a child goes missing in the United States every 40 seconds.

COMMENT:-

One child every 40 seconds equals 788,940 per year. However <SARC>[that is only 0.238% of the US population and that means that the number is so small that this is a so-called "problem" that doesn't deserve to have any attention paid to it</SARC>[ - right?

<SARC>[After all, if we simply let those children be abducted we won't have to put up with any personal inconvenience and the children that are going to be abducted will be abducted sooner so that we can all get on with our lives</SARC>[ - right?

<SARC>[Besides, I don't know anyone whose child has been abducted so that must mean that those so-called "statistics" are all lies</SARC>[ - right?

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Is it where the mom got custody but the dad ran off with the kids kind of thing?

rocket88

Mod Conspiracy Theorist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Is it where the mom got custody but the dad ran off with the kids kind of thing?

Isn't that what happens? They should hang a sign in divorce court saying "all hope abandon ye who have a penis"

TU Curmudgeon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
solutions?

1. Pay attention.

2. Admit that there is a problem.

3. Remember, all that is necessary for evil people to prevail is for good people to do nothing.

4. Act like a rational and compassionate adult.

TU Curmudgeon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Isn't that what happens? They should hang a sign in divorce court saying "all hope abandon ye who have a penis"

Spoken like a true Neanderthal who has never been represented by competent counsel.

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
From United Press International

Aug. 29 (UPI) -- U.S. Marshals said they have found 39 missing children in a two-week operation this month in Atlanta and Macon, Ga.
The search, dubbed "Operation Not Forgotten," resulted in the rescue of 26 children, the safe location of 13 children and arrest of nine people, a U.S. Marshals statement said Thursday.

"The U.S. Marshals Service is fully committed to assisting federal, state and local agencies with locating and recovering endangered missing children, in addition to their primary fugitive apprehension mission," Donald Washington, the director of the Marshals Service said in the statement. "The message to missing children and their families is that we will never stop looking for you."

Investigators also cleared 26 arrest warrants, including warrants for the nine arrested, and filed additional charges for alleged crimes related to sex trafficking, parental kidnapping, registered sex offender violations, drugs and weapons possession, and custodial interference.

The missing children were considered to be some of the most at-risk in the area based on factors such as child sex trafficking, child exploitation, sexual abuse, physical abuse, and medical or mental health conditions, the statement added. The U.S. Marshals Service Missing Child Unit worked in conjunction with the Southeast Regional Fugitive Task Force and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

The FBI says a child goes missing in the United States every 40 seconds.

COMMENT:-

One child every 40 seconds equals 788,940 per year. However <SARC>[that is only 0.238% of the US population and that means that the number is so small that this is a so-called "problem" that doesn't deserve to have any attention paid to it</SARC>[ - right?

<SARC>[After all, if we simply let those children be abducted we won't have to put up with any personal inconvenience and the children that are going to be abducted will be abducted sooner so that we can all get on with our lives</SARC>[ - right?

<SARC>[Besides, I don't know anyone whose child has been abducted so that must mean that those so-called "statistics" are all lies</SARC>[ - right?

This is where we need the police shooting criminals.

TU Curmudgeon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
This is where we need the police shooting criminals.

A concept that is only appropriate in a "police state" and one which is highly unlikely to be voiced by anyone except those who support the establishment of a "police state".

PS - I see that you didn't happen to notice that all three comments are paraphrases of the mantras that "Claque Trump" chants about COVID-19. Why am I not surprised?

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
A concept that is only appropriate in a "police state" and one which is highly unlikely to be voiced by anyone except those who support the establishment of a "police state".

PS - I see that you didn't happen to notice that all three comments are paraphrases of the mantras that "Claque Trump" chants about COVID-19. Why am I not surprised?

I, for one, don't really give a crap if police shoot and kill criminals. Every time it happens there is one less criminal I have to worry about, especially when the left want to let them all run around loose anyway. And, I don't give a flying crap what color they are. But, if the left and the black communities ever want this stuff to stop, they are going to have to call out their own for being criminals and resisting arrest, and their abuse of law enforcement officers. Until blacks and the left can do this, the problem will continue. The solution is not for better police training/policies/etc. The solution is for blacks not to be criminals and resist arrest in the first place. We are glorifying criminals and crime and attacking those who are trying to help cut crime down. Then we wonder why crime is going up in spades.

Last edited:

TU Curmudgeon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I wasn't represented by competent counsel. In fact, they were in on screwing me.

Then I can but presume that you reported their unprofessional conduct to the state Bar Association.

A friend of mine did family law almost exclusively. His advice to his potential clients was "There is a range for everything. If you are the recipient, my job is to get you as high up in that range as possible. If you are not the recipient, my job is to get you as low in that range as possible. My job is NOT to get you outside of that range. If you don't like those positions, then you are dealing with the wrong lawyer AND you are going to be paying a whole lot of extra money to STILL end up in that range.". His courtroom success rate was over 80% and he was making as much money as the lawyers who had much lower success rates but were sending out bigger bills.

PS - He absolutely loved it when the lawyer on the other side was a "radical feminist" because it was so much easier to make their client look like "the guy in the black hat" (and you know that "the guy in the white hat" ALWAYS wins).

TypicalRussian

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
1. Pay attention.

2. Admit that there is a problem.

3. Remember, all that is necessary for evil people to prevail is for good people to do nothing.

4. Act like a rational and compassionate adult.

that goes without saying

TU Curmudgeon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I, for one, don't really give a crap if police shoot and kill criminals. Every time it happens there is one less criminal I have to worry about, especially when the left want to let them all run around loose in the first place. And, I don't give a flying crap what color they are. But, if the left and the black communities ever want this stuff to stop, they are going to have to call out their own for being criminals and resisting arrest, and the abuse of law enforcement officers. Until blacks and the left can do this, the problem will continue.

True, and it is also going to continue until the "White" community starts calling out ITS own for their inappropriate actions (rather than making them out to be "heroes" and/or "martyrs".

TU Curmudgeon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
that goes without saying

It should - unfortunately it doesn't.

The current attitude is an amalgam of:

1. "Nothing is a problem until it impacts me personally.";
  2. "If something impacts me personally, then it is always caused by someone else.";
  3. "The people I support can do no wrong and the people I do not support can do no right.";
  4. If someone else says they have a problem and tries to get assistance from the government, they are a leach and probably a commie - REGARDLESS of the facts.";
  5. If I have a problem then the government MUST give me all the assistance I ask for - REGARDLESS of whether I need it or not.";
    and
  6. "There is absolutely no reason for me to be in the least bit inconvenienced by anything and anyone who suggests that I should be is a fascist.".

Last edited:

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
True, and it is also going to continue until the "White" community starts calling out ITS own for their inappropriate actions (rather than making them out to be "heroes" and/or "martyrs".

Every time a black person is killed by the police it is called racist and the cops murdered someone. The true incidents of this are infinitesimal and get less and less every year. But, the lying anti-Trump MSM don't want to report that because it doesn't further their agenda. The following is just one example of how quickly the left judge the police:

6 arrested as violent protest erupts in Minneapolis over false reports of fatal shooting involving police

TypicalRussian

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It should - unfortunately it doesn't.

The current attitude is an amalgam of:

2. "If something impacts me personally, then it is always caused by someone else.";
  3. "The people I support can do no wrong and the people I do not support can do no right.";
  4. If someone else says they have a problem and tries to get assistance from the government, they are a leach and probably a commie - REGARDLESS of the facts.";
  5. If I have a problem then the government MUST give me all the assistance I ask for - REGARDLESS of whether I need it or not.";
    and
  6. "There is absolutely no reason for me to be in the least bit inconvenienced by anything and anyone who suggests that I should be is a fascist.".

ok and then whats next

TU Curmudgeon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Every time a black person is killed by the police it is called racist and the cops murdered someone. The true incidents of this are infinitesimal and get less and less every year. But, the lying anti-Trump MSM don't want to report that because it doesn't further their agenda. The following is just one example of how quickly the left judge the police:

6 arrested as violent protest erupts in Minneapolis over false reports of fatal shooting involving police

The FACTS are:

1. in the US, a "Black" is more likely than a "White" to be shot and killed by police officers under identical circumstances;
  2. in the US, a police officer is more likely to be shot and killed by a "Black" than a "White" under identical circumstances;
  3. a person living in relative poverty is more likely to commit crimes of violence than a person living in relative affluence;
  4. in the US (on a national basis), a "Black" is more likely to be living in relative poverty than a "White" is;
  5. in the US (on a national basis), a "White" is more likely to be living in relative affluence than a "Black" is;
  6. "BLACK Lives Matter" has a valid point;
  7. "BLUE Lives Matter" has a valid point;
    and;
  8. an American is more likely to resort to lethal violence than a resident of any of the other G-8 countries under identical circumstances.

From which the <SARC>only logical conclusion that any rational and intelligent person can come to is that the ONLY factor that causes violence is the degree of melanin in a person's skin</SARC> - right?

TU Curmudgeon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
ok and then whats next

Obviously, if the attitude doesn't change then the situation isn't going to change either.

Unfortunately the US is involved in an election in which one of "The MORE Reactionary Wing of the American Oligarchic Capitalist Party (DBA ‘The Republican Party’)" and "The LESS Reactionary Wing of the American Oligarchic Capitalist Party (DBA ‘The Democratic Party’)" is MUCH more committed to maintaining the combination of

4. "If someone else says they have a problem and tries to get assistance from the government, they are a leach and probably a commie - REGARDLESS of the facts.";
  5. "If I have a problem then the government MUST give me all the assistance I ask for - REGARDLESS of whether I need it or not.";
    and

than the other is. Can you guess which one it is?

TypicalRussian

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Obviously, if the attitude doesn't change then the situation isn't going to change either.

Unfortunately the US is involved in an election in which one of "The MORE Reactionary Wing of the American Oligarchic Capitalist Party (DBA ‘The Republican Party’)" and "The LESS Reactionary Wing of the American Oligarchic Capitalist Party (DBA ‘The Democratic Party’)" is MUCH more committed to maintaining the combination of

4. "If someone else says they have a problem and tries to get assistance from the government, they are a leach and probably a commie - REGARDLESS of the facts.";
  5. "If I have a problem then the government MUST give me all the assistance I ask for - REGARDLESS of whether I need it or not.";
    and

than the other is. Can you guess which one it is?

copy paste

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
The FACTS are:

1. in the US, a "Black" is more likely than a "White" to be shot and killed by police officers under identical circumstances;
  2. in the US, a police officer is more likely to be shot and killed by a "Black" than a "White" under identical circumstances;
  3. a person living in relative poverty is more likely to commit crimes of violence than a person living in relative affluence;
  4. in the US (on a national basis), a "Black" is more likely to be living in relative poverty than a "White" is;
  5. in the US (on a national basis), a "White" is more likely to be living in relative affluence than a "Black" is;
  6. "BLACK Lives Matter" has a valid point;
  7. "BLUE Lives Matter" has a valid point;
    and;
  8. an American is more likely to resort to lethal violence than a resident of any of the other G-8 countries under identical circumstances.

From which the <SARC>only logical conclusion that any rational and intelligent person can come to is that the ONLY factor that causes violence is the degree of melanin in a person's skin</SARC> - right?

The fact is that the majority of law enforcement officers are white and the majority of criminals are black. If you want to change that I'm all for it but, with these odds, the incidents that do happen are amazingly low. And, the media refuse to report the truth that these incidents are few and far between and getting better, even under Trump, and instead report implying that we have systemic racism and things are getting worse when they aren't. And, when a black officer kills a white criminal, it is swept under the rug and not even reported.

Top Bottom