• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Authorities Buying More Riot Control Gear Over Fear of Civil Unrest Sweeping America

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Re: Authorities Buying More Riot Control Gear Over Fear of Civil Unrest Sweeping Amer

Well, when the intention is to divide a nation (that Democrats and Republicans are both guilty of) it makes sense for the government to be concerned about the other half (give or take.)

Re: Authorities Buying More Riot Control Gear Over Fear of Civil Unrest Sweeping Amer

Getting ready for Austerity Day? ;)

Makers of riot control products are seeing increased demand from law enforcement bodies across America who fear Ferguson-style civil unrest hitting other areas of the country, according to a new report.

Report: Authorities Buying More Riot Control Gear Over Fear of Civil Unrest Sweeping America » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Is Trump mad that he didnt invest heavily in the defense industry?

Getting ready for Austerity Day? ;)

Yep...the day when there will be more people demanding handouts, then the number who work and pay taxes.

I've never minded paying my fair share of taxes, but what really pisses me off is subsidizing the Free Loaders who vote for Democrats!

Last edited:

You mean like in cleveland right, where they're buying thousands of riot gear just for donald trump's failed nomination

Yep...the day when there will be more people demanding handouts, then the number who work and pay taxes.

I've never minded paying my fair share of taxes, but what really pisses me off is subsidizing the Free Loaders who vote for Democrats!

It seems that we are beyond that day now, thus the annual budget deficits and ever growing national debt.

You mean like in cleveland right, where they're buying thousands of riot gear just for donald trump's failed nomination

That's on the fools in Cleveland..... and Donald will be nominated and hopefully, trounce Clinton!
The people that would riot just use that as an excuse to do what they like doing best.....being hoodlums!

It seems that we are beyond that day now, thus the annual budget deficits and ever growing national debt.

I still cling to Hope and Change....but not obummer's Hope and Change.

There might be a reason that unrest and discontent is increasing, but apparently that's too hard to tackle, so we'll just crush it instead.

Makers of riot control products are seeing increased demand from law enforcement bodies across America who fear Ferguson-style civil unrest hitting other areas of the country, according to a new report.

Report: Authorities Buying More Riot Control Gear Over Fear of Civil Unrest Sweeping America » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Smart move on their part, individuals should also do their own part to ensure their own safety and that of their families and property. Being prepared is always a smarter method of dealing with emergencies, thinking you will get your act together once an emergency occurs is a quick way to extinction.

There might be a reason that unrest and discontent is increasing, but apparently that's too hard to tackle, so we'll just crush it instead.

Sometimes it is unavoidable. I agree that there are ways to defuse tensions but then again sometimes talking is useless since the other guy is not always there to talk out anything.

Sometimes it is unavoidable. I agree that there are ways to defuse tensions but then again sometimes talking is useless since the other guy is not always there to talk out anything.
Be prepared, yes, absolutely. But, there is a point of diminishing returns. Seeing every issue as a nail that needs to be hammered, then wondering why discontent in growing, isn't very smart. I would venture to guess that most departments already have plenty of adequate equipment, and unless they're replacing equipment that legitimately needs replacing they're just planning on hammering harder, which will then increase the discontent, which will make them want to hammer harder, which will then increase the discontent, which will make them want to hammer harder, which will...

Not hard to see where this is going.

Back
Top Bottom