• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Austria currently has a 60x higher rate of COVID-cases than the US, but the US has more deaths per capita than we have

Tender Branson

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Why is that ?

Austria with 9 million people has 44,832 average daily cases right now. Or 505 cases per 100.000 a day.

The US with 335 million people has 30,550 average daily cases right now. Or 9 cases per 100.000 a day.

Austria has an average of 3 deaths per day per 1 million inhabitants.

But the US has an average of 3.7 deaths per day per 1 million inhabitants.

Only South Korea, Brunei and Iceland currently have more new per-capita daily cases than we have here in Austria.

They already talk about re-introducing masks at the workplace and for shopping.

But our idiotic "expert" government doesn't understand that we had a spike of winter tourism the last weeks here, with a lot of Dutch, Germans, etc. coming here - a spike in cases which will recede in early May after Easter when winter tourism ends.

Understand that deaths lag behind daily cases by a good two weeks. A spike in daily cases today will result in higher deaths starting in two weeks

Why is that ?

Austria with 9 million people has 44,832 average daily cases right now. Or 505 cases per 100.000 a day.

The US with 335 million people has 30,550 average daily cases right now. Or 9 cases per 100.000 a day.

Are you more vaccinated than the U.S.?

The US has a large population of fat deplorable's who refuse to get vaccinated. It's really as simple as that.

Why is that ?

No one cares nerd

It's because the US is a notoriously unhealthy country. Comorbidity has been one of the most defining factors when it comes to the case of someone's survival, aside from range of age. Obesity is most likely going to be the biggest factor in all of that, but that is just a guess on my part.

Why is that ?

Because the CDC insists that ANY hint of COVID means that guy DIEWD from COVID and not WITH Covid.

Because the CDC insists that ANY hint of COVID means that guy DIEWD from COVID and not WITH Covid.
That and the fact that most of the Americans who actually die from Covid have serious co-morbidities.

That and the fact that most of the Americans who actually die from Covid have serious co-morbidities.
And you are saying that most of the people who die from COVID-19 in countries other than the US do NOT "have serious co-morbidities"?

OK - produce your data.

And you are saying that most of the people who die from COVID-19 in countries other than the US do NOT "have serious co-morbidities"?

OK - produce your data.
I don't speak for other countries. I speak for the US. The vast majority of Americans dying from Covid 19 have serious co-morbitities, even more so with the Omicron variant The vast majority of Americans who get infected are either asymptomatic or have mild symptoms.

Those people are NOT "Christians" because they are PROTESTANTS - ask any "Real True Catholic".
I am a Catholic and consider myself a Christian.

I don't speak for other countries. I speak for the US. The vast majority of Americans dying from Covid 19 have serious co-morbitities, even more so with the Omicron variant The vast majority of Americans who get infected are either asymptomatic or have mild symptoms.
Ahhhh, but your clear implication was that the majority of the deaths in other countries were NOT amongst people who had co-morbidities.

Are you resiling from that position and would you like to restate it as

"The majority of the deaths in the US have been amongst people who had co-morbidities BUT I have absolutely no idea if that is, or is not, the situation in any other country (and really don't care [because I'm going to imply that it was ONLY in the US that co-morbidities were associated with deaths from COVID-19 {and everyone knows that no one in the US had any co-morbidities until after Biden stole the 2020 election}]).

or something like that?

I am a Catholic and consider myself a Christian.

Of course you do. And if you are a "Real True Catholic" you juskno that those so-called "Protestants" aren't "Christians" at all because they reject the authority of The Pope.

Why is that ?

Fewer consumers of American conservative media over there.

Pretty obvious.

I won’t bother to explain further as y’all are forbidden to consider that you have been systematically lied to for power and profit.

Of course you do. And if you are a "Real True Catholic" you juskno that those so-called "Protestants" aren't "Christians" at all because they reject the authority of The Pope.
You appear quite confused.

You forgot the “not vaccinated” element.

Narratives always leave out relevant aspect of a topic. It’s how they work.

So it’s my job to point them out as it causes y'all psychic pain.

Back
Top Bottom