• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Australian Entrepreneur Craig Wright Reveals Himself As Bitcoin Crator "Satoshi Nakam

DA60

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
'In what may be the biggest "self-outing" in years, overnight Australian entrepreneur Craig Wright has publicly identified himself as Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto, revealing his identity to three media organizations - the BBC, the Economist and GQ. His admission ends years of speculation about who came up with the original ideas underlying the digital cash system.

As the BBC reports, Wright has provided technical proof to back up his claim using coins known to be owned by Bitcoin's creator. Prominent members of the Bitcoin community and its core development team have also confirmed Mr Wright's claim although speculation remains that this may be merely a publicity stunt.'

Australian Entrepreneur Craig Wright Reveals Himself As Bitcoin Crator "Satoshi Nakamoto" | Zero Hedge

Thoughts?

Re: Australian Entrepreneur Craig Wright Reveals Himself As Bitcoin Crator "Satoshi N

'In what may be the biggest "self-outing" in years, overnight Australian entrepreneur Craig Wright has publicly identified himself as Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto, revealing his identity to three media organizations - the BBC, the Economist and GQ. His admission ends years of speculation about who came up with the original ideas underlying the digital cash system.

As the BBC reports, Wright has provided technical proof to back up his claim using coins known to be owned by Bitcoin's creator. Prominent members of the Bitcoin community and its core development team have also confirmed Mr Wright's claim although speculation remains that this may be merely a publicity stunt.'

Australian Entrepreneur Craig Wright Reveals Himself As Bitcoin Crator "Satoshi Nakamoto" | Zero Hedge

Thoughts?

A boon for transparency that robs the world of wonderful myth and mystery.

Re: Australian Entrepreneur Craig Wright Reveals Himself As Bitcoin Crator "Satoshi N

A boon for transparency that robs the world of wonderful myth and mystery.

Lol...exactly.

Thoughts?

Why should we care who created it? I don't see the issue.

I think bitcoin is something I would never want to invest in. I'll keep my Washingtons... they're backed by... well something at least (America :2usflag:).

But hey, this guy created something that is interesting and I think it has merit in some ways. The issue however is that it was mainly picked up by shady people and as far as I know, no known government has accepted it as a legitimate currency.

Does that make him in particular bad? I don't think so.

In any case, that's what went through my mind.

Why should we care who created it? I don't see the issue.

If you followed Bitcoins, you would know why.

nope_740.jpg

Satoshi Nakamoto

Satoshi Nakamoto was identified as a Japanese inventor and Craig Wright cannot be Satoshi Nakamoto. The Australian man is likely to be an imposter who just wants to be famous.

Hours after publication by all three outlets, Wright's proof has been seriously called into question by outside experts. The Australian man's key offer was the publication, on his blog, of what says is a cryptographic signature proving he is Nakamoto, because it's related to "block 9." That's an early chunk of bitcoins associated with Nakamoto, known to have been transferred to computer scientist Hal Finney, who died in 2014. Within hours, experts in the field called this signature into question.

Craig Wright loudly claims ?I am Satoshi Nakamoto,? but few believe his ?proof? | Ars Technica

Last edited:

If you followed Bitcoins, you would know why.

That certainly clears it up for me.

That certainly clears it up for me.

It would take too long to explain. Just read the article and you will get some idea.

Back
Top Bottom