• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Australia Cops Just as bad as American Cops

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Just a disgusting abuse of power... when they don't actually have the power in the first place.

Just a disgusting abuse of power... when they don't actually have the power in the first place.

He doesn't represent the majority of police officers. He's an asshole, he has been removed from Strike Force Raptor, the NSW police squad dealing with bikies, and has been restricted to administrative duties.

He is a complete disgrace.

He doesn't represent the majority of police officers. He's an asshole, he has been removed from Strike Force Raptor, the NSW police squad dealing with bikies, and has been restricted to administrative duties.
Good to know...

He is a complete disgrace.
No, he is just the tip of the ice burg.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-56728328

Aboriginal people have the highest rate of incarceration of any group in the world. Roughly half of all juvenile prisoners are indigenous..... Currently, there are three criminal trials of police officers in separate cases who are alleged to have killed an Aboriginal person.

No, he's not. I live there and have worked in close association with Law enforcement for years and seen how they operate. From my experience, the majority are good decent folks who signed up for the job for the right reasons.

The fact that there are asshole cops out there doesn't mean it's ok to paint with a wide brush. It's not.

No, he's not. I live there and have worked in close association with Law enforcement for years and seen how they operate. From my experience, the majority are good decent folks who signed up for the job for the right reasons.

The fact that there are asshole cops out there doesn't mean it's ok to paint with a wide brush. It's not.

No, that argument does not work.

If there is such a majority of good police then how do the bad ones get away with it for so long? The good police may not be behaving badly but they are complicit.

And your credentials are not a credible way to try and give validity to your statement. For all I know you stayed well away from the areas where bigotry by the police happens to the indigenous of australia .

Australia does practice apartheid against the aboriginal. And by australia I mean a majority of people of whom benefit from the mining industry. And as the mining industry does influence the governments decisions then the governemt itself does practice apartheid.
https://humanrights.gov.au/our-work...nd Torres,Islander peoples but against anyone.
Recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the Australian Constitution. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are not mentioned in the Constitution. The Constitution still allows racial discrimination – not just against Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples but against anyone.

No, that argument does not work.

If there is such a majority of good police then how do the bad ones get away with it for so long? The good police may not be behaving badly but they are complicit.

And your credentials are not a credible way to try and give validity to your statement. For all I know you stayed well away from the areas where bigotry by the police happens to the indigenous of australia .

Australia does practice apartheid against the aboriginal. And by australia I mean a majority of people of whom benefit from the mining industry. And as the mining industry does influence the governments decisions then the governemt itself does practice apartheid.
https://humanrights.gov.au/our-work/about-constitutional-recognition#:~:text=Recognition of Aboriginal and Torres,Islander peoples but against anyone.
Well as sure as hell your credentials don't give you authority to dismiss his.

Well as sure as hell your credentials don't give you authority to dismiss his.
I am not the one pretending that I have credentials that will back my argument. His having met good cops does not mean there are no bad ones or even that the good ones just behave that way when he is there and behave badly when not. .

I've heard the exact same about US cops. But "the majority" is meaningless in deciding if the "average" cop is an asshole. Honest cops count for nothing.

Get some figures. My guess is that Aussie cops are just as prone to fitting people up for crimes they didn't do, beating and shooting them, and being all 'round worse than no cops at all. The job attracts good people willing to make a sacrifice, but it also attracts criminals.

Subtitles would be nice here because I can't understand most of what he' saying. The cop sounds like he's high and is slurring his speech.

There are always going to be bad cops because police work is attractive to the sort of people who just happen to be natural bullies. That does not mean that the police are bullies, only that there are probably more bullies in the police than in any other field of employment. That said, the vast majority of police are very good and decent men and women. This constant attack on the police by certain demographics is counter productive to their own peace and security. That looks pretty obvious today, just looking at the anarchy within those US cities dumb enough to "defund the police."

Last I heard, 37% of Americans polled say that Joe Biden is doing a good job. All I can say is, that 37% of Americans must be meth heads, junkies, and welfare dependents.

There are always going to be bad cops because police work is attractive to the sort of people who just happen to be natural bullies. That does not mean that the police are bullies, only that there are probably more bullies in the police than in any other field of employment. That said, the vast majority of police are very good and decent men and women. This constant attack on the police by certain demographics is counter productive to their own peace and security. That looks pretty obvious today, just looking at the anarchy within those US cities dumb enough to "defund the police."

Last I heard, 37% of Americans polled say that Joe Biden is doing a good job. All I can say is, that 37% of Americans must be meth heads, junkies, and welfare dependents.

It doesn't mean that at all. It means you are still seething over losing democratically.
Stop making pathetic excuses.
There was no fraud and nothing is wrong.

That's your experience because you're white.

clearly, the NSW police, nay, australian society, is infested with racism. The world knows your history. Surely, china knows your history and routinely uses it against you.

If you are "liberal" at all, the very basic requirement would be support defunding and abolishing the NSW police and allow aboriginal and people of color a voice in how laws are enforced.

#BLM #DefundThePolice

That's your experience because you're white.

clearly, the NSW police, nay, australian society, is infested with racism. The world knows your history. Surely, china knows your history and routinely uses it against you.

If you are "liberal" at all, the very basic requirement would be support defunding and abolishing the NSW police and allow aboriginal and people of color a voice in how laws are enforced.

#BLM #DefundThePolice
The sun will rise in the West before that happens.
They don't need advice on how laws should be enforced. They need the offenders to stop breaking the law.

The sun will rise in the West before that happens.
They don't need advice on how laws should be enforced. They need the offenders to stop breaking the law.
Sad, and shame on the australian public for endorsing racism. Australia must be one of the biggest international hotbeds of white supremacy in our time.

Sad, and shame on the australian public for endorsing racism. Australia must be one of the biggest international hotbeds of white supremacy in our time.
Do you live there?

It happens everywhere, it just happens to be more prevalent in a country like the US where officers get much less education, work often alone with no immediate check on their authoritay (Cartman rules in this regard) and where consequences for bad behavior are few and far between. And when you look at the health of a lot of police officers in a country like the US, they are more likely to use a weapon because there is no way on this planet they will be able to chase a suspect on foot without risking a coronary.

So yes, it happens in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France, UK and of course also in Australia.

Harsh, man. Are you unaware that after 140-odd years the Australian national cricket team got its second representative of aboriginal descent only last week?!

You know nothing about the country.

Back
Top Bottom