• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AUDIO - Rep. Pelosi calls for investigation of WTC mosque opposition

Harshaw

Filmmaker ● Lawyer ● Patriot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
AUDIO - Rep. Pelosi calls for investigation of WTC mosque opposition - Washington Times

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, called for an investigation of those who are protesting the building of the Ground Zero Mosque on Tuesday. She told San Francisco's KCBS radio:

AUDIO

"There is no question there is a concerted effort to make this a political issue by some. And I join those who have called for looking into how is this opposition to the mosque being funded," she said. "How is this being ginned up that here we are talking about Treasure Island, something we've been working on for decades, something of great interest to our community as we go forward to an election about the future of our country and two of the first three questions are about a zoning issue in New York City." (h/t Kristinn)

Calls to investigate the funding for those proposing the $100 million "Cordoba House" have fallen on deaf ears, though, as New York's Mayor Mike Bloomberg has described such an investigation as "un-American."

Really, Queen Nancy? An investigation? For saying things you don't agree with?

ORRRF wid 'er 'eads!

I wonder what the investigation will yield on Senator Reid...that dirty rat bastard...

People like her need to go... she gives reasonable liberals a very bad name...

She give paranoid dillusionals a bad name.

Ms. Pelosi is, without a doubt, a vicious, pro-Hamas, pro-Palestinian, anti-Semitic, anti-Jewish, anti-American bigoted racist ... like most of her ilk on the far left. She lectures the American people about "hate" yet she supports a Temple of Hate in lower Manhattan. "The little people", as she referred to us in a 2009 Reuters report on the right wing "hate mongers", "simply hate Muslims."

No.

I watched the second plane go into the tower along with my co-workers.

I lost friends in the North tower who were consumed either by fire, or when the buildings collapsed.

19 Islamofascist terrorist murdered 3,000 people on September 11, 2001.

Your party and your bigoted, anti-Semitic, racist President are sympathetic to extremist Islamic causes.

It is sad in this day and time when a homosexual has to lecture the left on its homophobic, bigoted, racist tendencies.

My friends who voted for the racist bigot Obama are shocked he would support a HOMOPHOBIC HATE MOSQUE in lower Manhattan.

"We didnt think he would turn out like this."

Even more fun watching the liberals that have spent decades attacking religion at every turn, now turning out to defend muslims. Ok...come on...you have to admit its funny. Or...I dont know...sick...sad...pathetic...nah...lets go with 'funny'.

Ms. Pelosi is, without a doubt, a vicious, pro-Hamas, pro-Palestinian, anti-Semitic, anti-Jewish, anti-American bigoted racist ... like most of her ilk on the far left. She lectures the American people about "hate" yet she supports a Temple of Hate in lower Manhattan. "The little people", as she referred to us in a 2009 Reuters report on the right wing "hate mongers", "simply hate Muslims."

No.

I watched the second plane go into the tower along with my co-workers.

I lost friends in the North tower who were consumed either by fire, or when the buildings collapsed.

19 Islamofascist terrorist murdered 3,000 people on September 11, 2001.

Your party and your bigoted, anti-Semitic, racist President are sympathetic to extremist Islamic causes.

It is sad in this day and time when a homosexual has to lecture the left on its homophobic, bigoted, racist tendencies.

My friends who voted for the racist bigot Obama are shocked he would support a HOMOPHOBIC HATE MOSQUE in lower Manhattan.

"We didnt think he would turn out like this."

what complete nonsense. we are a country of laws, and it's too bad you don't recognize that. they have every right to build that mosque, and it's you and YOUR "ilk" who are stirring emotions on this. disagree with the mosque, fine, as i do. but don't post bs about democrats because you don't agree with our laws. your friends must be idiots, btw.

Even more fun watching the liberals that have spent decades attacking religion at every turn, now turning out to defend muslims. Ok...come on...you have to admit its funny. Or...I dont know...sick...sad...pathetic...nah...lets go with 'funny'.

people are defending their right as citizens to build. that's all. what's telling is that you believe only some of us have rights.

Perhaps her association with the Soro's funded networks leads her to believe there must be secret top down funding?

The Queen needs to be "beheaded" as the head of the liberal front. Although one would think it not possible; she gives liberals an even more bad rap. :)

She's an idiot!

Tim-

We'll see more comedy around Christmas time with the outrage in a town near everyone, complaining about public display's of the manger scene. Or, simply substitute the stolen cross in California, the lawsuits requiring GOD be stricken from our money, our schools or lately, prayer outside of the SCOTUS steps.

So yes... funny is one way to say it.

Last edited:
people are defending their right as citizens to build. that's all. what's telling is that you believe only some of us have rights.

I canonly imagine the furor or Robert Shuler were to attempt to build a crystal castle there. If the mormons decided to try to build a temple there. Oh...I know Im only judging it based on past history but my belief is there would be picketing and boycotts and screams...cries...weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth. Maybe Im wrong...but I dont think so.

We'll see more comedy around Christmas time with the outrage in a town near everyone, complaining about public display's of the manger scene. Or, simply substitute the stolen cross in California, the lawsuits requiring GOD be stricken from our money, our schools or lately, prayer outside of the SCOTUS steps.

So yes... funny is one way to say it.

REALLY good points...better than mine. Lets hope this is a new era of 'tolerance'. maybe when a store calls it Christmas instead of Holidays or Xmas there wont be outrage.

At least one person is calling for an investigation into people exercising their right to free expression. Apparently, she, too, believes only some of us have rights.

I thought this was amusing...

AUDIO - Rep. Pelosi calls for investigation of WTC mosque opposition - Washington Times

Really, Queen Nancy? An investigation? For saying things you don't agree with?

ORRRF wid 'er 'eads!

Pretty thin Harshaw...

At the same time, we should also ask who is funding the attacks against the construction of the center.’

Hardy a call for an 'Investigation'.

Don't fall into the far-right trap of spinning everything she says as a negative.

We already know who is funding the opposition... it's not a secret.

what complete nonsense. we are a country of laws, and it's too bad you don't recognize that. they have every right to build that mosque, and it's you and YOUR "ilk" who are stirring emotions on this. disagree with the mosque, fine, as i do. but don't post bs about democrats because you don't agree with our laws. your friends must be idiots, btw.

We agree... anyone who voted for Obama must be an idiot.

Pretty thin Harshaw...

Hardy a call for an 'Investigation'.

Don't fall into the far-right trap of spinning everything she says as a negative.

We already know who is funding the opposition... it's not a secret.

That "update" was not in the story when I posted it. You're quoting from her backpedaling after the ruckus about it.

So, who's "funding the opposition," and where's your (objective) proof of it? This should be amusing, if indeed we ever hear from you again in this thread.

That "update" was not in the story when I posted it. You're quoting from her backpedaling after the ruckus about it.

So, who's "funding the opposition," and where's your (objective) proof of it? This should be amusing, if indeed we ever hear from you again in this thread.

It has become near impossible to talh about the wicked witch of the west and not use the Bxxxch word.

With the LiberaL WACKOS TRYING TO WRECK OUR NATION MORE EVERY DAY ONE HAS TO BE CAREFUL WHAT ONE SAYS.

Obama is making a great case for his Muslim roots with this issue. All he had to do in his speech last Friday was end his Muslim support rant with that it would be a more sensitive not to build it there.

The Muslims will use this Mosque to garner more terrorist support.

http://http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2010/aug/17/audio-rep-pelosi-calls-investigation-wtc-mosque-op/

8/18/10 - UPDATE 1: Speaker Pelosi has sent out a statement regarding her comments on investigating those who she beiieves may be funding the opposition to the mosque:

“The freedom of religion is a Constitutional right. Where a place of worship is located is a local decision.

“The freedom of religion is a Constitutional right. Where a place of worship is located is a local decision.

“I support the statement made by the Interfaith Alliance that ‘We agree with the ADL that there is a need for transparency about who is funding the effort to build this Islamic center. At the same time, we should also ask who is funding the attacks against the construction of the center.’

“For all of those expressing concern about the 9/11 families, we call upon them to join us in support of the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act when Congress returns in September.”

“I support the statement made by the Interfaith Alliance that ‘We agree with the ADL that there is a need for transparency about who is funding the effort to build this Islamic center. At the same time, we should also ask who is funding the attacks against the construction of the center.’

“For all of those expressing concern about the 9/11 families, we call upon them to join us in support of the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act when Congress returns in September.”

------

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, called for an investigation of those who are protesting the building of the Ground Zero Mosque on Tuesday. She told San Francisco's KCBS radio:

I'm not sure what my favorite Pelosi quote is......"we'll lose 500 million jobs a month without stimulous",...... "we have to pass the Helathcare Bill so we know whats in it", ..........."unemployment benefits are creating jobs faster than any other initiative that you can name"..........and now "who's funding the oppostion"

Back
Top Bottom