• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Attorney General says Mueller investigation 'close to being completed'

When did the FBI last arrest a non violent non gun owner with 29 heavily armed agents during a predawn raid?
It’s amazing how raids are suddenly terrible when they happen to a conservative. Minorities have been complaining about these tactics for decades. Yet these same outraged conservatives condoned those abuses.

Just to be fair, it’s also amazing how liberals suddenly justify FBI behavior they would have previously condemned.

Muellers team deserves the benefit of the doubt. But once this is over they need to be held to account for actions like this. If this use of force was not justified or was any way punitive the the people responsible need to be held to account. As much as we like to pretend otherwise, Mueller’s team is made up of fallible people.

I am not impressed:

Right now the investigation is I think close to being completed,"

What is the "I think" doing here?

"I hope we can get the report from Director Mueller as soon as possible."

This is completely useless, it tells us nothing but notice how it is supposed to mean something.....which indicates a lie.

So Barnacle, a true American Republican, is content to compare our FBI agents...people who put their life on the line to defend us from domestic threats....to Nazis.
All because, apparently a witness tampering, obstructing, lying under oath, two-bit swamp dweller like Stone, was trying to help Trump win, by getting information from the Russians.

How low you gonna go this year, as the Mueller investigation hits the big season finale?

Seems odd that a Democrat is upset at the use of the term Nazi since they have been using (mostly mis using) it for better than 2 years.

If the FBI is so good why did they believe Stone was such a threat that it took 29 armed to the teeth agents to raid his house? Im sure they looked and saw Stone had a cache of papers that could be dangerous.

I still don’t buy CNN’s explanation of why they were there. If Stone was such a badass criminal that it took 29 armed to the teeth agents why wasn’t the whole area cleared beforehand?

Or was Mueller using CNN to send a message?

And big season finale of process crimes? What a lot of wasted money overall.

Or, at the very least the most damaging parts that the Democrats want everyone to hear. Less so for the exculpatory evidence.

good job OC, you literally just accused democrats of exactly what republicans have done. so if its bad when you think democrats might do it, it must really make you angry when republcans did it? amirite?

Republicans have increasingly claimed that the memo written by GOP staff members of the House Intelligence Committee, which was declassified by President Trump on Feb. 2, shows how the FBI conspired with Democrats to interfere in the election and even spy on the Trump campaign.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...on-the-trump-campaign/?utm_term=.54358cf5f575

Of course being incompent, their memo blew up in their faces. We learned from the memo that papadapolous started the investigation

The Papadopoulos information triggered the opening of an FBI counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/372022-read-the-controversial-memo-just-released-by-republicans

You got a comment on the 29-man raid by the FBI on a home with 2 people inside that didn't have any guns and/or drugs?
I have the same comment for you as in the post to which you responded.

good job OC, you literally just accused democrats of exactly what republicans have done. so if its bad when you think democrats might do it, it must really make you angry when republcans did it? amirite?

Republicans have increasingly claimed that the memo written by GOP staff members of the House Intelligence Committee, which was declassified by President Trump on Feb. 2, shows how the FBI conspired with Democrats to interfere in the election and even spy on the Trump campaign.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...on-the-trump-campaign/?utm_term=.54358cf5f575

Of course being incompent, their memo blew up in their faces. We learned from the memo that papadapolous started the investigation

The Papadopoulos information triggered the opening of an FBI counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/372022-read-the-controversial-memo-just-released-by-republicans

At some point your sources should match your allegations.

It’s amazing how raids are suddenly terrible when they happen to a conservative. Minorities have been complaining about these tactics for decades. Yet these same outraged conservatives condoned those abuses.

Just to be fair, it’s also amazing how liberals suddenly justify FBI behavior they would have previously condemned.

Muellers team deserves the benefit of the doubt. But once this is over they need to be held to account for actions like this. If this use of force was not justified or was any way punitive the the people responsible need to be held to account. As much as we like to pretend otherwise, Mueller’s team is made up of fallible people.

All that happened under Mueller's orders, so he is the one that decided that they needed to raid the place like they were going after a drug lord, armed to the teeth. He should have to answer to someone for those tactics. He's also got Weissmann there, leading his team, that tells you a lot about Mueller and this investigation. These are guys that are not searching for the truth, but want to inflict as much damage, fear and personal ruin as they can. This is not just my opinion, but documented by their prior misbehavior. They've ruined innocent lives before.

These two should be no where near any investigation that is law abiding and seeking justice. Old eastern European governments could take lessons from these two.

At some point your sources should match your allegations.

I'm guessing this is another example of you forgetting what you posted. You basically were complaining that democrats might only release the parts that show what they want to believe.

Or, at the very least the most damaging parts that the Democrats want everyone to hear. Less so for the exculpatory evidence.

then I showed you Nunes trying to do exactly that. What proves I'm right is your one sentence denial. You can be quite chatty when you think you have a point. Quite vague and curt otherwise.

Good grief, man! You're looking forward to 6 am raids with 30 FBI agents at an unarmed guys home for lying to the senate?!?

So you are completely ignoring the death threats to a witness?

It is about time the trump circle are being treated for what they are, an organized crime family with very deep ties to the Russian mafia.

They deserve to be treated as such...

He has openly spoke of civil war, their response was very justified.

So you are completely ignoring the death threats to a witness?

It is about time the trump circle are being treated for what they are, an organized crime family with very deep ties to the Russian mafia.

They deserve to be treated as such...

?????????????

What use of force are you referring to?

giphy.gif

What would Mueller have to do with an FBI team carrying out an arrest warrant in FL?

It's Trump's AG who will decide what happens to the report, and Trump himself can demand and read and release the report. I'm pretty sure the 'exculpatory' evidence will find a way to get out.

Although to be fair, it's not clear if Trump has the patience/capacity to read anything longer than a comic book, but Trump's AG does and I don't know why he'd hide the evidence exonerating Trump.

They're not really the same thing. What's most egregious for we proles are the no knock raids, with flash bangs, etc. Here, they knocked on the door at 6am, like the warrant allowed, Stone came to the door, opened it, was arrested. The show of force was to my mind unnecessary, but there's really no argument his rights were violated, his property wasn't destroyed, etc.

I'm also positive a lot of the manpower there that morning was to do the search of his residence, because that's what happened immediately after the arrest. The video I saw a bit later in the morning shows them setting up the big tents outside to collect and catalogue the evidence seized.

He has openly spoke of civil war, their response was very justified.

They arrested him in a pre-dawn raid with his house surrounded by agents with drawn assault weapons. Lets not pretend that it wasn't a forceful raid. When this is all done, they need to be able to publicly justify this use of force. They don't get more leeway because Stone is a traitorous dickhead.

They don't need to justify it now...it's an ongoing investigation and obviously they've already justified it to a judge. But they do when it's all over. It's not much of an ask, if Mueller is as thorough as he seems the reason is already in report form. He'll have also understood the need for these disclosures. Big picture, we're talking about the potential removal of 1/3 of the US government. Doing it absolutely 100% by the book is paramount.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

They arrested him in a pre-dawn raid with his house surrounded by agents with drawn assault weapons. Lets not pretend that it wasn't a forceful raid. When this is all done, they need to be able to publicly justify this use of force. They don't get more leeway because Stone is a traitorous dickhead.

They don't need to justify it now...it's an ongoing investigation and obviously they've already justified it to a judge. But they do when it's all over. It's not much of an ask, if Mueller is as thorough as he seems the reason is already in report form. He'll have also understood the need for these disclosures. Big picture, we're talking about the potential removal of 1/3 of the US government. Doing it absolutely 100% by the book is paramount.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

When you say "forceful raid," I envision kicking down the door, destroying his stuff, throwing Stone to the floor, etc. They knocked on his door and arrested him.

I'm guessing this is another example of you forgetting what you posted. You basically were complaining that democrats might only release the parts that show what they want to believe.

Your source didn't match your assertion. Please reply in some way that makes sense to what I post.

then I showed you Nunes trying to do exactly that. What proves I'm right is your one sentence denial. You can be quite chatty when you think you have a point. Quite vague and curt otherwise.

LOL your evidence you are right is how I post? That is a fail.

All that happened under Mueller's orders, so he is the one that decided that they needed to raid the place like they were going after a drug lord, armed to the teeth. He should have to answer to someone for those tactics. He's also got Weissmann there, leading his team, that tells you a lot about Mueller and this investigation. These are guys that are not searching for the truth, but want to inflict as much damage, fear and personal ruin as they can. This is not just my opinion, but documented by their prior misbehavior. They've ruined innocent lives before.

These two should be no where near any investigation that is law abiding and seeking justice. Old eastern European governments could take lessons from these two.

Bull****! The FBI field office in Florida given the responsibility of executing the warrant are the ones who make the final decisions on how they will execute it.

When you say "forceful raid," I envision kicking down the door, destroying his stuff, throwing Stone to the floor, etc. They knocked on his door and arrested him.

And they should have to publicly justify that. (After the investigation is sufficiently completed)

I'm not sure why there's any push-back over requiring details of the Mueller investigation to be made public.

And they should have to publicly justify that. (After the investigation is sufficiently completed)

I'm not sure why there's any push-back over requiring details of the Mueller investigation to be made public.

They should have to publicly justify arresting him? Well, I think they did when they publicly disclosed the indictment.

They should have to publicly justify arresting him? Well, I think they did when they publicly disclosed the indictment.

Yup. Do you have any doubt that the raid was justified? Who would be unhappy if the justification for the raid on Stone's house (probably destruction of evidence) were to be made public? I doubt it would bother Mueller.

Trump and his supporters are trying very hard to suppress this investigation. They don't want any details released. So why help them? If they're dumb enough to protest a law enforcement action, then it's our patriotic duty to demand the release of as much supporting material as possible.

Back
Top Bottom