• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Attorney General says Mueller investigation 'close to being completed'

Good grief, man! You're looking forward to 6 am raids with 30 FBI agents at an unarmed guys home for lying to the senate?!?

Mueller is not responsible for staffing a arrest and securing of evidence. If you have an issue, take it up with the Miami field office. Moreover, Stone was arrested to face charges on a 7 count indictment that was more then simply lying to the Senate. A big part of the raid (and why it required a team) was evidence gathering, meaning that he is still the subject of an investigation on other charges.

So nice attempt to create some outrage in your minimization / failure to understand what took place on Friday.

Last edited:
Wahhaaahhhaaaa ...

All the liberals here are supporting Nazi-era FBI raids ... gosh, people, you're all nuts! :lamo

Wahhaaahhhaaaa ...

All the liberals here are supporting Nazi-era FBI raids ... gosh, people, you're all nuts! :lamo

When did the nazis last release a suspect on bail, with all their teeth and fingernails still attached? Stop the Silly.

So, what's your opinion on being raided by 30 FBI guys for lying - or even mis-remembering?
Sounds like Nazi time to me ...

So how should they have done the arrest. Mueller's team had discussions with Stone lawyers regarding possible/probable charges. it all went to hell when Mueller's team decided they were being screwed over.

When you compare your Justice system to NAZIS, well you have reached bottom in your defense of those investigated and a number charged, those convictions in courts, plea or guilty verdict is not relevant.

If only they could take away the people who make moronic posts like you did.

You got a comment on the 29-man raid by the FBI on a home with 2 people inside that didn't have any guns and/or drugs?

You got a comment on the 29-man raid by the FBI on a home with 2 people inside that didn't have any guns and/or drugs?

I know your conservative masters are encouraging this narrative but I wish you could understand how truly whiny it is. And of course they spoon fed you this narrative to deflect from yet another member of trump's inner circle going down. Instead of whining, why not focus on the big picture:yet another member of trump's inner circle going down.

Attorney General says Mueller investigation 'close to being completed'

My question to the AAG: Is the impending completion of which you speak organic?

So how should they have done the arrest. Mueller's team had discussions with Stone lawyers regarding possible/probable charges. it all went to hell when Mueller's team decided they were being screwed over.

When you compare your Justice system to NAZIS, well you have reached bottom in your defense of those investigated and a number charged, those convictions in courts, plea or guilty verdict is not relevant.

Now you are truly showing your ignorance ...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...on-close-being-completed-whitaker/2702883002/

Any report will go thru Barr
How close to completion is the investigation?
I do expect a slew of charges to be laid in the near future

I'm not so sure that Whitaker is exactly a repository of knowledge of all things having to do with the Mueller investigation. Even if he has been briefed or read in on it. He looked uncomfortable as hell and unsteady as a newbie roller skater up there. Stumbling over and fumbling his words, multiple umms, his forehead furrowed, and sweating like a pig. It looked as though he didn't really want to be there. I think Mueller still has a ways to go.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...on-close-being-completed-whitaker/2702883002/

Any report will go thru Barr
How close to completion is the investigation?
I do expect a slew of charges to be laid in the near future

I've been reading some of the twitter breakdowns of this announcement along with all the uhs and ands and buts in the context of what I've always believed. Whitaker is a double agent working for Mueller and this is the strongest case yet made for my theory. There WAS no reason for Whitaker to come out and say this. Media reports already said that there will be multiple arrests/indictments, including big familiar public figures in Trump world that will go down in the next 60 days. 60 days in no stretch of the imagination is "close."

So I imagine

The confusing scenario:
1. Trump told Whitaker to go out and say this. Which makes no sense except to lie to the American people. Yet, why would Trump do this when Whitaker already said he wouldn't interfere? As well as knowing, that multiple people in the Trump admin or MAGA Media complex already said Mueller was close to wrapping it up yet were wrong every single time. Which might give credit to Chris Christie's theory about how incompetent Trump's team is, yet someone told them to keep doing this stuff and lying about it. Trump knows that Mueller got an extension, and he knows there are pending indictments (including Trump Jr). Actually come to think of it, on the surface it seems exactly like something Mr. Trump would do. So we come to...

The more likely scenario:
2. Mueller fed Whitaker false information telling him that he was wrapping things up, he tells Trump, and Trump tells him to announces it.

If this is just another lie by the Trump team, then Trump has even less respect for people and his very own base than I have ever imagined. Who goes out and tells their base over and over again that an investigation is a witch hunt that is constantly almost over?? Mueller knows that's the type of man Trump is... As well as anybody with two brain cells to rub together.

Last edited:
My bet is that IF Barr is lying and dishonestly shuts it down before Mueller thinks it is finished, Mueller will rightfully consider it his duty to say so. Mueller is the kind of person we need in government, whether it be law enforcement, politics, agencies, etc.

It really has taken me back how people could turn on a guy with a sterling reputation, a guy who took down entire mafia organizations (obviously, with lots of help), just because he's been appointed to investigate a fake conservative/republican president.

The scary thing about the Mafia is, even though the old Italian Cosa Nostra organized crime networks were eviscerated, it has now become AN IDEA, and thus countless other models have sprung up in its place.

There is absolutely no question that the Trump Organization is a 100% organized crime outfit just like the Mafia, the Russian government under Putin is a 100% organized crime outfit just like the Mafia, even the slightly milder American Legislative Exchange Council is something of an imitation organized crime outfit.
The layout, model, blueprint and operational dynamics are being duplicated everywhere on Earth, wherever these crooks are able to put down roots.

Political islamist militantism is also an idea which cannot be eradicated as well. You can take down islamists and organized crime outfits all day long and more of them just spring back up in their place.

Good grief, man! You're looking forward to 6 am raids with 30 FBI agents at an unarmed guys home for lying to the senate?!?

You're saying that Roger Stone was or is unarmed? I don't think that you can support such a claim, and you're deliberately ignoring the kinds of stunts he has pulled in the past that employed violence or threat of violence.

Very disturbing of you, Barnacle.

When did the nazis last release a suspect on bail, with all their teeth and fingernails still attached? Stop the Silly.
When did the FBI last arrest a non violent non gun owner with 29 heavily armed agents during a predawn raid?

Whitacher is read in on the investigation he knows what is going on.

I’m not so sure about that. His announcement was rambling, nervous and self contradictory.

Both Whitaker and Barr have articulated a bias against the Mueller investigation (which is why Trump appointed them).

It will be Barr's decision on just how much, if any, of the Mueller report to release to Congress. He is under no obligation to make anything public.

What he will probably do, is condense the report for Congress using his own words. This will satisfy his legal responsibility, and also the Trump camp.

Basically, a Nunes generated version of the Mueller report with a generous dose of pro-Trump bias and redactions.

Don't like the sound of that...

Both Whitaker and Barr have articulated a bias against the Mueller investigation (which is why Trump appointed them).

It will be Barr's decision on just how much, if any, of the Mueller report to release to Congress. He is under no obligation to make anything public.

What he will probably do, is condense the report for Congress using his own words. This will satisfy his legal responsibility, and also the Trump camp.

Basically, a Nunes generated version of the Mueller report with a generous dose of pro-Trump bias and redactions.

The House can ask Mueller to testify on the reports findings, one way or another the public will be informed of its findings.

The House can ask Mueller to testify on the reports findings, one way or another the public will be informed of its findings.

Or, at the very least the most damaging parts that the Democrats want everyone to hear. Less so for the exculpatory evidence.

Wahhaaahhhaaaa ...

The Nazis would have dragged Stone off, never to be heard from. Stone was released the same afternoon, will get his day in court with a fair trial, something unheard of in Nazi Germany. My point, stop exaggerating.

When did the FBI last arrest a non violent non gun owner with 29 heavily armed agents during a predawn raid?

When Janet Reno's swat team seized 6 year old illegal immigrant Elian Gonzalez and promptly deported him back to Cuba?

Back
Top Bottom