• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Attorney General Merrick Garland tests positive for COVID-19

Still coughing in his hands and rubbing his hands in his face and in addition shaking the hands of others.
That would help explain why everyone's avoiding him.

What a Covidiot. Contracting and spreading a deadly disease that has killed over a million Americans. I hope he recovers and no one else is harmed.
The "deadly disease" chant is losing it's luster. Omicron is much more contagious, however nowhere near as deadly as the previous variants. And the vast majority with bad outcomes have or had serious existing health conditions. Most who are infected are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms. The real covidiots are the ones politicizing the virus.

The "deadly disease" chant is losing it's luster. Omicron is much more contagious, however nowhere near as deadly as the previous variants. And the vast majority with bad outcomes have or had serious existing health conditions. Most who are infected are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms. The real covidiots are the ones politicizing the virus.
I mean, except that Omicron killed vastly more people than Delta...

That would help explain why everyone's avoiding him.
Nah, they all know Harris is the POTUS and eager to get close to her. Joe keeps reminding them of that.

I mean, except that Omicron killed vastly more people than Delta...

True, however only based on the fact that it is far more contagious and many more were infected. Of those infected, far less became seriously ill or died. Everyone I personally know who was infected with Omicron said it was very mild and they had had worst cases of the common cold.

True, however only based on the fact that it is far more contagious and many more were infected. Of those infected, far less became seriously ill or died. Everyone I personally know who was infected with Omicron said it was very mild and they had had worst cases of the common cold.
Yes, that has been true for the majority of covid infections... But still 1 million Americans have died...

Yes, that has been true for the majority of covid infections... But still 1 million Americans have died...
Can't argue with that. It was a pandemic that the medical field was unprepared for. Now we are more or less at the Endemic stage. We will be living with Covid at some level indefinitely, just as we do with the flu and the common cold.

Can't argue with that. It was a pandemic that the medical field was unprepared for. Now we are more or less at the Endemic stage. We will be living with Covid at some level indefinitely, just as we do with the flu and the common cold.
While I agree with you overall, I strongly argue that strong measures should be taken until the death rate is lower before we accept the endemic phase.

I fully understand that the vast majority of Americans disagree strongly with my position.

While I agree with you overall, I strongly argue that strong measures should be taken until the death rate is lower before we accept the endemic phase.

I fully understand that the vast majority of Americans disagree strongly with my position.
I don't think such measures should be as strong as in the beginning of the panic We now know that infections are primarily from extended exposure indoors. There are no outdoor super spreader events. I went to an outdoor event with over 100,000 in attendance and two more with around 25,000, and was not infected. The only place I am still required to wear a mask is at the local VA Health clinic.

All of that is good news except now more government officials are carriers of COVID. Just because it was so damn important to attend a goofy ass Gridiron Dinner. I assume that since people still catch the COVID, even though they have their shots, that the virus may still mutate and eventually find a host to ravage. This is the time to be extremely cautious and exercise good sense until this coronavirus is choked way down. imo. It's not embarrassing to act responsible unlike many Republicans did since early 2020. At least it didn't used to.
Does this mean you think everybody should be quarantined forever?

We let this go too far, so we are stuck entering an endemic phase. How do you suggest we prevent all risk?

IMHO, if you know you have it, stay away for the prescribed number of days.
If possible, assure your indoor enviroment has decent circulation - or preferably filtration or keeping windows open.
When hospitals are becoming overwhelmed...other measures may be needed.
Assure availbility of vaccines and therapeutics.

This is not 2020 pre vaccine.

Back
Top Bottom