• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Attorney General Merrick Garland expected to name special counsel in Trump criminal probe, report says

The special master that team Trump approved is handling the outcome of those stolen documents
There might not be a Special Master for much longer. Believe that the 11th circuit will be ruling on the DOJ’s appeal on that matter within a couple weeks or so.

Wrong on both counts.
No, what I wrote is accurate. Presidential records (all of them) belong not to the president but to the national archives. Not just documents-emails and other forms of communication too.
What is the proof that the jackass declassified all those illegally obtained documents?

Ҥ2202.

The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter. (Added Pub. L.”

Just a simple google search proves you wrong.

This is true, but not because he'll be indicted. It's because he cost Republicans three elections in a row and now doesn't have the help of Rupert Murdoch.
Republicans-the smart ones-are going to abandon him like rats on a sinking ship.

Name one disappointment greater than the Mueller flop.

The point of a special counsel is to be an unbiased investigator. I'm not sure who the target demographic for this gesture is, though.

But if it ends up being Mueller I'll be tuning out politics forever.

How likely is it that this Special Counsel will indict the Republican front runner for 2024?

Almost a 0% chance regardless of the evidence imo.

Republicans-the smart ones-are going to abandon him like rats on a sinking ship.
Well, Trump is a sinking ship. The problem is the Republican party is tethered to him. He is going to pull them under (once again).

No worries.. Trump just told Fox News that he "won't partake" in special counsel investigation.... This is the level of stupidity.... He clearly does not understand how this works...

Rich from someone that believes Biden is competent.

I don’t like this.

This is giving Trump so much PR. If Garland has the evidence just indict and put your best prosecutors on it.

Now Trump gets to prance around playing the victim and this situation looks like The Democrats running the “same ole” playbook against Trump.

CNN and MSNBC will milk this for all the ratings they can get. And it will just be one tedious mystery again.

Garland better know that the evidence is there and that the SC will indict or this is a huge gift to Trump.

Of course...

Got to keep Trump from releasing unclassified documents that prove DOJ/FBI corruption.
Why hasn't he then? How gullible can some of y'all be.

How likely is it that this Special Counsel will indict the Republican front runner for 2024?

If the evidence is there he will. There’s a big difference between being a presidential candidate with no political office and a sitting President. Why else do you think Trump wanted so badly to be President again? To him it’s like having a get out of jail free card.

If the evidence is there he will. There’s a big difference between being a presidential candidate with no political office and a sitting President. Why else do you think Trump wanted so badly to be President again? To him it’s like having a get out of jail free card.

in this country formers are still regarded as currents and it’s really weird why we do that.

I don’t think other country’s still address their formers with their official title but we do for some reason

If Trump committed crimes against American democracy and American security, and he did, indictments will be required. They would be compelled to litigate this before letting him have another shot. To let him back into the office having committed such crimes would be an egregious dereliction of theirs oaths to defend the constitution against ALL enemies foreign and DOMESTIC.

If Trump committed crimes against American democracy and American security, and he did, indictments will be required. They would be compelled to litigate this before letting him have another shot. To let him back into the office having committed such crimes would be an egregious dereliction of theirs oaths to defend the constitution against ALL enemies foreign and DOMESTIC.

I don’t think they will do it. Not for documents.

in this country formers are still regarded as currents and it’s really weird why we do that.

I don’t think other country’s still address their formers with their official title but we do for some reason
Well one particular judge in Florida seems to think so. But she may be on the verge of getting her ass handed to her by the 11th Circuit. Again!

I don’t like this.

This is giving Trump so much PR. If Garland has the evidence just indict and put your best prosecutors on it.

Now Trump gets to prance around playing the victim and this situation looks like The Democrats running the “same ole” playbook against Trump.

CNN and MSNBC will milk this for all the ratings they can get. And it will just be one tedious mystery again.

Garland better know that the evidence is there and that the SC will indict or this is a huge gift to Trump.
Garland has done his homework. I read somewhere that he has never lost a major case-a regular Perry Mason. He appointed an independent SC to avoid any appearance of politicizing the impending prosecutions. Smart move imo.

No, what I wrote is accurate. Presidential records (all of them) belong not to the president but to the national archives. Not just documents-emails and other forms of communication too.
What is the proof that the jackass declassified all those illegally obtained documents?

Ҥ2202.

The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter. (Added Pub. L.”

Just a simple google search proves you wrong.
We aren't talking about "Presidential records".

You guys are all missing the most important part of this. Handing the investigation to the SC means it continues until the SC is done, regardless of who wins the White House in 2024 or if the Republicans control both chambers of congress.

We aren't talking about "Presidential records".
That’s exactly what we are talking about-the presidential records he illegally stole and possessed at MEL. His personal property-and there was some-has been or will be returned to him. It’s of no concern. The issue is the presidential records he stole.

Back
Top Bottom