• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Attorney general: Hate crime charge unlikely if Dallas shooter acted alone

Hatuey

Rule of Two
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-s-atto...nlikely-if-shooter-acted-alone-200558816.html

[FONT=&quot]Attorney General Loretta Lynch told law enforcement union leaders Friday that it’s unlikely the Justice Department will pursue hate crime charges in Thursday’s Dallas shooting of police officers, Yahoo News has learned, because the suspect in the crime is dead.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lynch told the leaders in the 45-minute meeting that a hate crime investigation would be on the table if more suspects are discovered, according to a police union official at the meeting. So far, investigators have said that evidence suggests the suspect, Micah Johnson, a 25-year-old Army veteran, acted alone. “We continue to have faith that the attorney general is going to take this as far as it goes,” the police union official said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dallas Police Chief David Brown said Friday morning the suspect in the murders of five police officers said he “wanted to kill white people, especially white officers.” The suspect told police he was not affiliated with any group and that he was upset by recent police shootings of black men. Police later killed him with a robot-operated bomb.[/FONT]

This is where I draw the line. This was a hate crime and a terrorist attack against both whites and police officers. The intent was to kill as many white cops as possible. Lynch is simply wrong on this and she is being EXTREMELY hypocritical. Dylan Roof, from all we know, acted alone and he based his actions on a deeply rooted hatred for black people. Micah Xavier Johnson did the same and he should not be absolved from that simply because he is black.

Of course Lynch isn't going to charge anyone with a hate crime. That's a reserved charge for certain groups. Its all a part of the double standard.

She also said she understands the hatred and that it's justified. That's code for, "do what the **** you want"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-s-atto...nlikely-if-shooter-acted-alone-200558816.html

This is where I draw the line. This was a hate crime and a terrorist attack against both whites and police officers. The intent was to kill as many white cops as possible. Lynch is simply wrong on this and she is being EXTREMELY hypocritical. Dylan Roof, from all we know, acted alone and he based his actions on a deeply rooted hatred for black people. Micah Xavier Johnson did the same and he should not be absolved from that simply because he is black.

Didja happen to miss the pertinent phrase: "it’s unlikely the Justice Department will pursue hate crime charges in Thursday’s Dallas shooting of police officers, Yahoo News has learned, because the suspect in the crime is dead."

Sorta hard to pursue hate crime charges when the suspect in the crime is freaking DEAD, people. Now if - IF - they find that others helped and assisted him, THEN we can talk hate crime charges...but until then, get real, people - stop trying to execute a dead horse!

It does seem like this is only because he is dead. Maybe I'm missing something.

Didja happen to miss the pertinent phrase: "it’s unlikely the Justice Department will pursue hate crime charges in Thursday’s Dallas shooting of police officers, Yahoo News has learned, because the suspect in the crime is dead."

Sorta hard to pursue hate crime charges when the suspect in the crime is freaking DEAD, people. Now if - IF - they find that others helped and assisted him, THEN we can talk hate crime charges...but until then, get real, people - stop trying to execute a dead horse!

Did you miss the part where a black terrorist group claimed responsibility and promised more attacks?

It does seem like this is only because he is dead. Maybe I'm missing something.

hate crime investigations entail months long investigations into his personal background questioning his freinds, relatives, and any group members that might have encouraged him to do this.

If he was a member of one those weird black supremacist groups FOX news is always harping on about they would be investigating them

hate crime investigations entail months long investigations into his personal background questioning his freinds, relatives, and any group members that might have encouraged him to do this.

If he was a member of one those weird black supremacist groups FOX news is always harping on about they would be investigating them

Do they tend to do that even when the perpetrator is dead? Honestly asking.

Attorney general: Hate crime charge unlikely if Dallas shooter acted alone
This is a symptom of what is wrong with the US.

This is why it's so important for Trump to win the presidency: because Hillary will nominate buffoons like this to the supreme court. She may nominate 2-3 people. Remember Thomas is strongly considering to retire.

If there is an actual group of them they all could be prosecuted for the murder or conspiracy to commit murder.
However the doj is not going to call this what it is which is a hate crime even though the guy admitted it on the phone to police.

Lynch tends to ignore evidence she doesn't like for political reasons.

Am i in the twilight zone? The ONLY PERPETRATOR is dead. Mr. Hat! WTH am I missing?

This is a symptom of what is wrong with the US.

So the corpse should stand trial?

If they manage to get him to testify in his own behalf, then I'll be impressed.

Thread's a ****ing mess.

So the corpse should stand trial?

If they manage to get him to testify in his own behalf, then I'll be impressed.
I see you are starting to catch on.
Good.

His motive was exclusively hate against whites and white police. He was in possession of and took part in hate propaganda. Undoubtedly a hate crime. Perhaps this will help some people understand hate crime legislation. This is basically terrorism and terrorism must be met with more severe action than common crime.

Last edited:
Am i in the twilight zone? The ONLY PERPETRATOR is dead. Mr. Hat! WTH am I missing?

Oh yeah. There's that.

Damn. And I was just about to write something smart too.

Nevermind.

No,very rarely, free speech and all that, Wade Page was a recent example, he was a member of the hammerskins (a neo nazi group) and had been on the SPLC watchlist for years, but they didn't arrest anyone in the group. Even though the killer had their logo tattooed on him the FBI claimed he acted alone, 3 months after the attack

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin_Sikh_temple_shooting

His motive was exclusively hate against whites and white police. He was in possession of and took part in hate propaganda. Undoubtedly a hate crime. Perhaps this will help some people understand hate crime legislation. This is basically terrorism and terrorism must be met with more severe action than common crime.

And I'd agree with you if it wasn't awfully hard to try a dead man.

Maybe they should push for the death penalty. Oh wait....

So those of you who are complaining about this want the government to spend a crapton of money on extra investigation and legal advice so they can charge A CORPSE, who they could not possibly convict of anything anyway, seeing how he's already dead.

Do I have that right?

It is typical for charges not to be pressed on people who are already dead, as far as I am aware. Likewise, it is typical for the government to NOT do legal investigation that would be used in a court for such charges, seeing as how dead people go in the ground, not jail. It is typical for them to stop at investigation of the crime itself.

As far as I am aware, the Orlando shooter also didn't have charges pressed against him, being that he is quite dead.

And if in the process of the crime investigation, which I'm sure will be extensive, they find that there are more perps, or he is connected to an organization, then they will reopen legal investigation for charges.

Holy crap. What the hell is in the water over there?

Last edited:
And I'd agree with you if it wasn't awfully hard to try a dead man.

Maybe they should push for the death penalty. Oh wait....

The important thing is that some "hate crime is thought crime!" idiots can begin to understand how hate crimes, given the law, are akin to terrorism and that's why sentences must be more severe.

Last edited:
Apparently the guy isn't going to be charged with ANYTHING. Just because the guy was killed by a bomb-wielding robot does not mean he is above the law. It sure seems like there is one system of justice for us normal, hard working, living folks and a separate system of justice for the rich, powerful, or deceased.

Back
Top Bottom