• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ATTN: Queen of England

As Queen of England, I shall do the following

• Excercise my power, such as it is

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abdicate my throne

• Kill myself

• Total voters

TacticalEvilDan

Shankmasta Killa
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Please do one of the following:

• Wake up and start acting like the Queen of England, with all of the power that entails
  • Abdicate the throne in protest
  • Kill yourself

. . . and then cast your vote on what you did on the attached poll.

TED,
Who really doesn't like bull**** figureheads.

Holy, what's got your knickers knotted?

What has you calling her a figurehead? And you do realize she would likely just be replaced by another figurehead?

She's not just a figurehead. She is still the monarch of the Commonwealth which includes nations like Canada and Australia. Although she herself maintains figurative and ceremonial power, in law she still has very real power. She has the authority to dissolve the governments in many of the Commonwealth nations and restore royal control. In reality there would be huge uprisings if that happened, but in legal terms her authority is not imaginative.

Canada's Governor General acts as the Queen incarnate on Canadian soil and reports government activities back to the Queen.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the idea of the Queen either. The British Empire did a lot of damage to this world. But let's be fair in talking about who the Queen actually is in modern times.

There is no such thing as the Queen of England..no more than there is a President of California

What do you mean?

She is also the Queen of London and Bishops Stortford but she is not known as the queen of London and Bishops Stortford is she?
she is not the Queen of England she is the Queen of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.
We dont address the POTUS as the president Texas..even though he is

She's not just a figurehead. She is still the monarch of the Commonwealth which includes nations like Canada and Australia. Although she herself maintains figurative and ceremonial power, in law she still has very real power. She has the authority to dissolve the governments in many of the Commonwealth nations and restore royal control. In reality there would be huge uprisings if that happened, but in legal terms her authority is not imaginative.

Canada's Governor General acts as the Queen incarnate on Canadian soil and reports government activities back to the Queen.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the idea of the Queen either. The British Empire did a lot of damage to this world. But let's be fair in talking about who the Queen actually is in modern times.

I am and will forever remain a great supporter and admirer of the Queen and the Monarch under her leadership.
When she dies however, I fear Charles's taking the title will force and many other commonwealth nations like Canada and Australia to become Republic and lead to its abolishment in UK.

The only thing that has kept the Monarch in UK has been the Queen and distrust and dislike of Politicans.

I thought I read a few years back that there was talk of the crown going direct from the Queen to Prince William.

I thought I read a few years back that there was talk of the crown going direct from the Queen to Prince William.

Yeah, I heard that Prince Charlie's admission to certain inappropriate behaviors had led to him giving up his heir-ship, and that William would be next in line to the crown.

Personally I think the whole thing is kind of a cool tradition, even if it does seem archaic in modern times. I think a lot of Brits would be loathe to give up the monarchy entirely, though some feel strongly otherwise.

My loyalty is to the Republic of South Africa and to the Queen of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and by extension to the Dominion of Canada...

Why you hating on the Queen... she never did anything to you?

Yeah, I heard that Prince Charlie's admission to certain inappropriate behaviors had led to him giving up his heir-ship, and that William would be next in line to the crown.

Personally I think the whole thing is kind of a cool tradition, even if it does seem archaic in modern times. I think a lot of Brits would be loathe to give up the monarchy entirely, though some feel strongly otherwise.

I hope Charles abdicates in favour of William but I doubt it, Charles comes across to me as a spoilt child who thinks it is fun to mess around with politicians. I really dislike Charles. He has ruined any chance he had of being King when he started spouting political views.

Another pet peeve of mine is the referral to her as 'Queen of England'
It's Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and Head of the Commonwealth of Nations.

Well, at this point it's more like Queen of the Palace because she isn't acting like Queen of Anything Else. :lol:

My loyalty is to the Republic of South Africa and to the Queen of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and by extension to the Dominion of Canada...

Why you hating on the Queen... she never did anything to you?

why don't you like the queen of Canada? i much prefer the queen of Australia over the queen of the UK, though the queen of New Zealand ain't that bad either.

You tell me what the Queen has to do with the administration of, well, anything.

She meets heads of state. That's about it.

She's a figurehead.

I hate figureheads.

You tell me what the Queen has to do with the administration of, well, anything.

She's a figurehead.

I hate figureheads.
Thats the best part.
We dont have a presidential style government so we would need another way to find a head of state which would not be politically active.
We would have to vote for them..who would we choose that everyone in the commonwealth agrees on?
Tony Blair?Ossie Osbourne?
No we are better off with her. She is related to people who were proper kings and queens who could have people executed and all.
she seems to help bring the tourists in too

She's a figurehead.

I hate figureheads.

she has very real political political power, she just doesn't use it very often.

She's a figurehead.

I hate figureheads.

The thing about someone like the queen is that during a moment of national crisis, they can become something for the nation to rally around for inspiration. It happened during WWII, and Max Brooks covered it well in his novel WWZ

It seems like an awful lot of money gets spent to secure and maintain a suitable lifestyle for her to be a "just in case" sort of person.

I do not understand why they seem to love her so very much..

She seems a bit of a cold fish to me but maybe that is the point.

It seems like an awful lot of money gets spent to secure and maintain a suitable lifestyle for her to be a "just in case" sort of person.

So? The U.S. does it with the Vice President.

Back
Top Bottom