• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Attaining a multicultural Europe and US is worthwile

AtlantaAdonis

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
The benefits of diversity and multiculturalism are vast and have been well documented in the social sciences. But of course no one ever actually said that it will be easy. There are obvious challenges and trials and tribulations ahead.

Despite all the violence and killing in the streets we have to be resolute and not give in to intolerance and fear. There are things western culture could learn from the culture of Islam. Does any culture truly have it all right or does every culture have some piece of the puzzle? I like to think of the latter.

There has been a lot of collateral damage and there will be a lot more, but it is insignificant compared with the benefits of making multiculturalism work and the costs of embracing xenophobia and isolationism. Many great things require lots of sacrifice and patience.

Hate and intolerance will only tear us apart.

The benefits of diversity and multiculturalism are vast and have been well documented in the social sciences. But of course no one ever actually said that it will be easy. There are obvious challenges and trials and tribulations ahead.

Despite all the violence and killing in the streets we have to be resolute and not give in to intolerance and fear. There are things western culture could learn from the culture of Islam. Does any culture truly have it all right or does every culture have some piece of the puzzle? I like to think of the latter.

There has been a lot of collateral damage and there will be a lot more, but it is insignificant compared with the benefits of making multiculturalism work and the costs of embracing xenophobia and isolationism. Many great things require lots of sacrifice and patience.

And that would be how to not assimilate to the hosts culture, establish areas where non-Muslims fear to go, along with police, firemen, and postmen. Or suicide bombing is something Western culture never got the hang of. And lets not forget treating women like domestic animals.

Your post is worn out debunked tripe.

And that would be how to not assimilate to the hosts culture, establish areas where non-Muslims fear to go, along with police, firemen, and postmen. Or suicide bombing is something Western culture never got the hang of. And lets not forget treating women like domestic animals.

Your post is worn out debunked tripe.

You don't think there are positive aspects of Islamic culture the west should emulate?

Thinking like this is exactly what I was referring to in the OP. How many Muslim people do you know? This is another reason of the importance of diversity so that you learn from people different from you and that you don't just dismiss them as being backward.

Thinking like this is exactly what I was referring to in the OP. How many Muslim people do you know? This is another reason of the importance of diversity so that you learn from people different from you and that you don't just dismiss them as being backward.

Why don't you name one postive about Islam? And FYI the hate and the intolerance comes from Islam, not Europeans.

America is already multicultural, there is nothing to attain, it's been attained and was done so decades ago.

For diversity to work, assimilation is critical.

When you go to a new nation, you leave the old ways in the old country. You can bring the more benign elements of your old nation to share (food and music, for example), but that's it.

Opposition to intolerance and fear is great, but when every shred of constructive criticism is labeled as hateful or xenophobic, then progress will come to a screeching halt. That and you gas up the far right lunatics that hate anything unlike them.

There are things western culture could learn from the culture of Islam.

No, there is not.

Nonsense comments like this feed the xenophobes.

Last edited:
Why don't you name one postive about Islam? And FYI the hate and the intolerance comes from Islam, not Europeans.

Again, have you ever spent any time around Muslims or studied Islam for yourself, or is your sum total knowledge of what Islam is come from Breitbart and alt-right hate sites?

America is already multicultural, there is nothing to attain, it's been attained and was done so decades ago.

For diversity to work, assimilation is critical.

When you go to a new nation, you leave the old ways in the old country. You can bring the more benign elements of your old nation to share (food and music, for example), but that's it.

Opposition to intolerance and fear is great, but when every shred of constructive criticism is labeled as hateful or xenophobic, then progress will come to a screeching halt. That and you gas up the far right lunatics that hate anything unlike them.

No, there is not.

Nonsense comments like this feed the xenophobes.

"Assimilate". In other words, think like us or GTFO. That kind of thinking is what feeds the xenophobes.

any sources to back up your opinion. Please provide them.

Again, have you ever spent any time around Muslims or studied Islam for yourself, or is your sum total knowledge of what Islam is come from Breitbart and alt-right hate sites?

"Assimilate". In other words, think like us or GTFO. That kind of thinking is what feeds the xenophobes.

Actually Teddy Roosevelt was the first to say it.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American ... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag ... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language ... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt on Immigration : snopes.com

To many progressives Teddy is a hero. And the source for liberals is also God-like.

Not only is Islam an inferior culture, it is incompatible with the Constitution. I suggest all leftists move to Syria and convince ISIS to engage in a group hug. K? :lol:

any sources to back up your opinion. Please provide them.

Go to Google scholar and type in "benefits of diversity". You will find some enlightening reading that could keep you busy for days.

Actually Teddy Roosevelt was the first to say it.

Theodore Roosevelt on Immigration : snopes.com

To many progressives Teddy is a hero. And the source for liberals is also God-like.

Well, he was a Republican, so of course there's going to be some xenophobia and prejudice there, especially in the early 19th century when he was in office.

Go to Google scholar and type in "benefits of diversity". You will find some enlightening reading that could keep you busy for days.

Well, he was a Republican, so of course there's going to be some xenophobia and prejudice there, especially in the early 19th century when he was in office.

You just don't get it, do you?

Looks like this is basically your own "muslim ally" thread, charming.

I'm not sure why you assumed I don't know any Muslims. Also, I hate Breibart and alt-right sites, especially since a lot of those sites hate people like me anyway. This is why the conversation on this stuff is so awful, "allies" like you, and I use that word loosely, can't even butt heads with anyone of differing opinions without spewing claims of right-wing this and that.

@bold: If you think that's what assimilation is, then we're in trouble. Are you the child of immigrants or an immigrant yourself?

Not only is Islam an inferior culture, it is incompatible with the Constitution. I suggest all leftists move to Syria and convince ISIS to engage in a group hug. K? :lol:

Ever hear of something called "freedom of religion"?

You know, in the theocratic state of Iran, they force homosexuals to have sex changes. They do so in the name of Islam.

Ever hear of something called "freedom of religion"?

To fully comply to religious freedom for Islam we need to convert or submit. Which do you prefer?

Of course. Ever hear of Sharia?

I must have missed the part where the United States has implemented sharia law. :roll:

Freedom of religion is part of the constitution, whether you like it or not

To fully comply to religious freedom for Islam we need to convert or submit. Which do you prefer?

Uh.......plenty of American Muslims seem perfectly happy with the way things are.

I could search. I was more interested in what articles you read that shaped your views.

Your response is what I expected, which was pretty much a dodge.

You do realize if you googled why diversity is bad. You would find many articles to keep you busy for months.:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom