• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Attacks: Are they worse this year?

Boo Radley

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Politico reports that while candidates have always attacked each other, distorted their opponents' records and taken their statements out of context... this year's "napalm-flavored" attack ads take it to a whole new level.

Some of this year's ads suggest that the politicians running for office aren't just untrustworthy or inexperienced, they are cruel and sick individuals.

Cafferty File: Tell Jack how you really feel Blog Archive - How much do attack ads damage our faith in our leaders? « - CNN.com Blogs

I think this is a fair issue, and not a pruely partisan one. Both sides use this and I can name a few democrats who are clearly over the line (Grayson). Politicians use them ebcause they work. What should we do about it?

What's truly sad is that attack adds work. They wouldn't run them if they didn't, and some people are gullible to believe the lies about another candidate because it says so out of context on TV. I do believe they are worse this year.

What's truly sad is that attack adds work. They wouldn't run them if they didn't, and some people are gullible to believe the lies about another candidate because it says so out of context on TV. I do believe they are worse this year.

"Would you be more likely or less likely to vote for John McCain for president if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?"

Deuce; et al,

Why would this be a relevant question?
"Would you be more likely or less likely to vote for John McCain for president if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?"
(QUESTION)

Does it have an impact on how our government makes the nation stronger economically, industrially, scientifically or militarily?

How is this a leadership question?

Most Respectfully,
R

As this is the type of ad we see today, I would say such a fact would not mean that much to me. I would be far more concerned as to how he would govern. A lot of great men and women we less than perfect. Many were actually young once and made errors they learned from. I want someone who has done something, learned a lesson or ten, and not merely a blank slate no one can throw mud at. As an electorant, we too seldom understand this.

Deuce; et al,

Why would this be a relevant question?
(QUESTION)

Does it have an impact on how our government makes the nation stronger economically, industrially, scientifically or militarily?

How is this a leadership question?

Most Respectfully,
R

Did you notice the quotes?

This question came up in a push poll, conceived by Karl Rove. Rove and the Bush campaign used it against John McCain in the 2000 Republican presidential primary.

As this is the type of ad we see today, I would say such a fact would not mean that much to me. I would be far more concerned as to how he would govern. A lot of great men and women we less than perfect. Many were actually young once and made errors they learned from. I want someone who has done something, learned a lesson or ten, and not merely a blank slate no one can throw mud at. As an electorant, we too seldom understand this.

There is something Worse than that Blank Slate that cannot be Targeted. It is someone with a murky past . like missing transcripts, missing Passport , no accountability for income & expenses for years who is on the verge of High office but a fawning , googling, worshiping, admiring , sychophantic 4th Estate has zero interest in really looking into and who consider it a Rightous Duty to help out in his efforts - to get him across the Finish Line.

Now that's worse.

Last edited:
There is something Worse than that Blank Slate that cannot be Targeted. It is someone with a murky past . like missing transcripts, missing Passport , no accountability for income & expenses for years who is on the verge of High office but a fawning , googling, worshiping, admiring , sychophantic 4th Estate has zero interest in really looking into and who consider it a Rightous Duty to help out in his efforts - to get him across the Finish Line.

Now that's worse.

Not more birther stuff? Lord, can't we have a reasonable discussion?

Not more birther stuff? Lord, can't we have a reasonable discussion?

Sure - You don't have to go point by point. I don't do that . The 9/11 Truth Wacko's do however.

Just admit that in 2008 most of the MSM were for Obama and wanted him to win and NEVER asked a serious penetrating question as to his background , or his Chicago friends. Okay (??)

Sure - You don't have to go point by point. I don't do that . The 9/11 Truth Wacko's do however.

Just admit that in 2008 most of the MSM were for Obama and wanted him to win and NEVER asked a serious penetrating question as to his background , or his Chicago friends. Okay (??)

I don't put any stock in 9/11 conspiracy wackos either. Why do you? But, let's take the birther nonses some place else. isn't there a thread on that somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom