• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Attack by truck in Nice, France * dozens feared dead [W:15,W:30]

Yeah, looks like a lone wolf or mental illness to me. Sort of like the suspect in the Orlando massacre.

Islam is now a mental illness?

Those that blame an entire religion for all their problems are the ones with mental illness.

What do you think is the inspiration? What else could it be but Islamic doctrine? There is no difference between what is sanctioned and the acts of a crazy evil person emulating his prophet. This is what is taught and therefore the religion is to blame. There is no way around it.

Those that blame an entire religion for all their problems are the ones with mental illness.

I know of no one who blames Islam for all their problems. Do you PoS? The point is that Islam is an absolutist, intolerant and fanatic philosophy, incompatible with civilised values. The Koran and the Hadith abound with incitements to violence. It is unsurprising that some Muslims act on them.

I know of no one who blames Islam for all their problems. Do you PoS? The point is that Islam is an absolutist, intolerant and fanatic philosophy, incompatible with civilised values. The Koran and the Hadith abound with incitements to violence. It is unsurprising that some Muslims act on them.

It is like any ideology. You can justify anything.

It is like any ideology. You can justify anything.
Well, your statement certainly seems to be justifying that we keep our heads in the sand on what, without doubt to the sane observer, is happening all over the planet. Ignoring the problem is not solving the problem.

What do you think is the inspiration? What else could it be but Islamic doctrine? There is no difference between what is sanctioned and the acts of a crazy evil person emulating his prophet. This is what is taught and therefore the religion is to blame. There is no way around it.

I'd rather wait till more evidence comes to light. The suspect ate pork, drank alcohol and wasn't religious. Putting up the blame game at this point is just knee jerk silliness.

Thanks for proving my point. :doh

Last edited:
Well, your statement certainly seems to be justifying that we keep our heads in the sand on what, without doubt to the sane observer, is happening all over the planet. Ignoring the problem is not solving the problem.

Nope. Doesn't solve the problem. It is more the order of thinking that it structures. There is no point in being pissed off at Islam or decrying it. It's fine of itself.
The same thing with blacks or women. Racism and misogyny are (but for the cases of a few idiots) no real problem in our society. The structure of our laws and society are a problem. And that is what needs thinking about.

Wonderful strawman you have since the suspect wasn't even religious. Got any more hot air to exhale?

What we know about Nice attacker Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel - NY Daily News

Do you read much about this subject?

Bouhlel was not religious. He did not go to the mosque. He did not pray. He did not observe Ramadan,” his wife’s cousin Walid Hamou told MailOnline. “He drank alcohol, ate pork and took drugs. This is all forbidden under Islam.

Anwar-al Awkaki-

In the months after 9/11, the watchers from the SSG followed Awlaki to assignations with prostitutes at the Wyndham City Center, the Melrose, the Monarch, Avenue Suites, the Swissotel, and more.
The secret sex life of one of al Qaeda’s most fearsome members | New York Post

Salah Abdeslam-

When French police raided a hotel room at Alfortville, south-east of Paris, last week they found a stash of syringes, needles and plastic tubing.

The Appart'City hotel at Alfortville is where the so-called eighth attacker Salah Abdeslam had allegedly rented two rooms for several days in the lead-up to the attacks.

Captagon: Evidence Paris attackers used 'jihadist's drug' favoured by Islamic State fighters - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Omar Mateen-

People who knew Mateen have speculated that he might have been gay or bisexual. A male friend of his from 2006, when the two were in police academy together, said that Mateen went to gay clubs with him and that Mateen once expressed an interest in dating him. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Mateen

Keonna Thomas-

Philadelphia: Convert To Islam Develops Sudden Urge To Kill Infidels In “Amazing” Martyrdom Operation
https://midnightwatcher.wordpress.c...kill-infidels-in-amazing-martyrdom-operation/

Your point?

Nope. Doesn't solve the problem. It is more the order of thinking that it structures. There is no point in being pissed off at Islam or decrying it. It's fine of itself.
The same thing with blacks or women. Racism and misogyny are (but for the cases of a few idiots) no real problem in our society. The structure of our laws and society are a problem. And that is what needs thinking about.
Actually, I am not sure that is proven, that it is fine of itself. Not in the stage it is in now, just like other religions in the past that were in an Imperialistic phase.

With over a billion adherents worldwide, even the small percentages that may be radicalized and the larger percentages that do not seem to have distaste, or at least show in any particular manner a strong outcry against those that practice their radicalism often to the permanent disadvantage of innocent civilians... this really is not so fine of itself.

Actually, I am not sure that is proven, that it is fine of itself. Not in the stage it is in now, just like other religions in the past that were in an Imperialistic phase.

With over a billion adherents worldwide, even the small percentages that may be radicalized and the larger percentages that do not seem to have distaste, or at least show in any particular manner a strong outcry against those that practice their radicalism often to the permanent disadvantage of innocent civilians... this really is not so fine of itself.

You mean like the case of the Franks dominating the Saxons With barbarian force? Or were you thinking of the modern Belgians in the Kongo or Germans in Warsaw? Everyone is mean, when hungry and lean.

You mean like the case of the Franks dominating the Saxons With barbarian force? Or were you thinking of the modern Belgians in the Kongo or Germans in Warsaw? Everyone is mean, when hungry and lean.
I don't think either of those were religions that I am aware of?

The Frank religion, didn't it combine with beans, that turned out to be a bit of stinker. And I am pretty sure sure Belgium, even when it didn't have a true government there for a while, was not a religion but a country, yano?

Best not to mind him, he distorts what others say at the first given opportunity.

Wonderful strawman you have since the suspect wasn't even religious. Got any more hot air to exhale?

What we know about Nice attacker Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel - NY Daily News
"ISIL claimed responsibility Saturday for the attack. An Islamic State-run media outlet says the man who drove his truck into a crowd in the French coastal city of Nice is a "soldier" of the group."

Nice terror attack: Isil claims responsibility for Bastille day attack that killed 84 people

Hoping its not against your religion to eat crow.

I don't think either of those were religions that I am aware of?

The Frank religion, didn't it combine with beans, that turned out to be a bit of stinker. And I am pretty sure sure Belgium, even when it didn't have a true government there for a while, was not a religion but a country, yano?
The Frank-Saxon conflict was about Christianity against paganism. But also about imperial power vs. rebellion against its establishment.

Charlemagne executed some 4,500 Saxons on the same day. The Saxon wars were not solved until all Saxons had (been)converted to Christianity

By force.

The Frank-Saxon conflict was about Christianity against paganism. But also about imperial power vs. rebellion against its establishment.

Charlemagne executed some 4,500 Saxons on the same day. The Saxon wars were not solved until all Saxons had (been)converted to Christianity

By force.
Yes, it was originally a response to Saxon initiated incursion [see the Saxon attack on Deventer] and so was not, as you quickly admit, all about religious Imperialism on Charlemagne's part. The Franks are what became the French, which had power structures divided between those of governance and religion.

Back
Top Bottom