• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Atta boy Australia!!!!!

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Atta Boy Australia.

Get out if you want Sharia law, Australia tells Muslims.........

CANBERRA: Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on
Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a
bid to head off potential terror attacks. A day after a group of mainstream
Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia at a special meeting with Prime
Minister John Howard, he and his ministers made it clear that extremists
would face a crackdown.

Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some
radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept
that Australia was a secular state and its laws were made by parliament. "If
those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a
theocratic state, then Australia is not for you," he said on national
television. "I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two
laws governing people in Australia, one the Australian law and another the
Islamic law, that that is false.

If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy,
and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another
country which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option," Costello
said. Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he
said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the
other country.

Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did
not want to accept local values should "clear off". "Basically, people who
don't want to be Australians, and they don't want to live by Australian
values and understand them, well then they can basically clear off," he
said. Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by
saying he supported spies monitoring the nation's mosques.

AMERICANS.....ARE YOU LISTENING? and reading?

Hey Navy, I don't agree with most of your posts but I sure do with this one.

You hit the nail right on the head.

Old and wise said:
Hey Navy, I don't agree with most of your posts but I sure do with this one.

You hit the nail right on the head.

Please don't agree with me anymore........Its no fun that way......

Navy Pride said:
AMERICANS.....ARE YOU LISTENING? and reading?

The UK is listening.

LONDON: Britain on Wednesday unveiled the criteria it will use to bar foreigners it believes inspire terrorism as part of a broad crackdown on Islamist preachers after last month’s bombings in London.

UK unveils plan to ban Muslim hate preachers

akyron said:
The UK is listening.

LONDON: Britain on Wednesday unveiled the criteria it will use to bar foreigners it believes inspire terrorism as part of a broad crackdown on Islamist preachers after last month’s bombings in London.

UK unveils plan to ban Muslim hate preachers

Good for the UK.Sadly we have to many bleeding hearts in this country to do anything about it until we have another huge terrorist attack....Then all hell will break loose........

Navy Pride said:
Get out if you want Sharia law, Australia tells Muslims.........

CANBERRA: Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on
Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a
bid to head off potential terror attacks. A day after a group of mainstream
Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia at a special meeting with Prime
Minister John Howard, he and his ministers made it clear that extremists
would face a crackdown.

[Moderator mode]

Hey Navy...APPARENTLY, you're new here...let's go through the rules, eh?

8. Copyrighted Material - All material posted from copyrighted material MUST contain a link to the original work.
Please do not post entire articles. Proper format is to paraphrase the contents of an article and/or post relevant excerpts and then link to the rest. Best bet is to always reference the original source.
Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 107 http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html

Now I know you don't post that much stuff, but you shoulda noticed the warnings while here...:roll:

Now start providing sources before you get back down to E-2....

[/Moderator mode]

cnredd said:
[Moderator mode]

Hey Navy...APPARENTLY, you're new here...let's go through the rules, eh?

8. Copyrighted Material - All material posted from copyrighted material MUST contain a link to the original work.
Please do not post entire articles. Proper format is to paraphrase the contents of an article and/or post relevant excerpts and then link to the rest. Best bet is to always reference the original source.
Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 107 http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html

Now I know you don't post that much stuff, but you shoulda noticed the warnings while here...:roll:

Now start providing sources before you get back down to E-2....

[/Moderator mode]

I will keep that in mind but no E-1 can knock and E-7 down to E-2:lol:

"Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by
saying he supported spies monitoring the nation's mosques."

They damn well should be angered.

That's absurd.

Australia is introducing new terror laws that restrict the freedoms of the people of Australia. The first target of these laws are the Muslims but later the Australia federal police will apply to anyone that speaks but against the government. Loss of the ability to say freely what you believe in should concern anyone. America has drastically already lost it freedoms with Patriot Act 1. Already Muslims posters on Australian forums feel scared to post about the Iraqi war and human rights. All Australian's have lost freedoms with these new laws.

Given that said the Muslim community in western countries does have some serious soul searching to undertake. I am not Religious and could not care what your beliefs are but the Muslim community especially the males have an attitude problem to western culture. They do not attempt to assimilate and their religion supports this separation. The Muslim treatment of women and attitude to wards western women is disgusting, examples of prosperous moderate Muslim countries with good human rights records is few and far between. This attitude problem of Muslims is partially responsible for their alienation from western cultures.

Muslims are however being vilified by the western media and are always scapegoated for the NWO PSYOPS attacks. This is specifically done to fuel the phonywar on terror and allow even more freedoms to be taken from the people.

Didga said:
America has drastically already lost it freedoms with Patriot Act 1.

Really?

Name 10 things that you can't do now that you could before USA PATRIOT.

If freedoms are "drastically" lost, shouldn't be too tough.

RightatNYU said:
"Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by
saying he supported spies monitoring the nation's mosques."

They damn well should be angered.

That's absurd.

Yeah, don't violate militant Muslims rights...If they want to blow Sydney up let them..We have to be politically correct and not violate their rights.....:roll:

Thank God we have spys in the mosques here..........

Harshaw said:
Really?

Exactly, hell I can't even name 1 right that has been violated and if the PA keeps us from another terroist attack so be it......

Harshaw said:
Really?

You wont get an asnwer to this.

M14 Shooter said:
You wont get an asnwer to this.

And that will be the answer.

Oh, but chances are it will be things like:

"The right to go to the library and not have Karl Rove reading your book list."

"The right not to live in a theocracy."

"The right not to be ruled by oil companies."

Or just complete nutjob stuff like "the right to vote in Ohio."

Harshaw said:
And that will be the answer.
Oh, but chances are it will be things like:
"The right to go to the library and not have Karl Rove reading your book list."
"The right not to live in a theocracy."
"The right not to be ruled by oil companies."
Or just complete nutjob stuff like "the right to vote in Ohio."

yes.
That will be their response.
But it isnt an answer.

Well, let's just see what Didga does -- or doesn't -- come up with.

Billo, what do u think of navy pride in what he says? i am sure that we can give him an anwser, u no billo we have a saying here in Scotland, a mans a man for all that and thats how we think here in Scotland, we treat every one with respect the same a u do,thats y u have most people like u,because u are a good human being thank god for that. Navy thinks Howard is the same as Bush and blair and u no they come out of the same sewer as u no.

regards mikeey

mikeey said:
Billo, what do u think of navy pride in what he says? i am sure that we can give him an anwser, u no billo we have a saying here in Scotland, a mans a man for all that and thats how we think here in Scotland, we treat every one with respect the same a u do,thats y u have most people like u,because u are a good human being thank god for that. Navy thinks Howard is the same as Bush and blair and u no they come out of the same sewer as u no.

regards mikeey

As this is a hardly-veiled swipe at America, I'll ask:

What do you think the role of the United States should be in the world?

Be as specific as possible.

Harshaw,i think the United States should not take sides and look after your own people,thats the way to do it.this is not a veiled swipe at the good people of the United States,i dont like to see the USA getting in to trouble
when u dont have to.there are kind ways of doing things as u understand,
and i am sure u do,sometimes people get out of order but that is life.

Keep the United States Safe i agree.

god bless U M8.

regards mikeey

Navy Pride said:
Yeah, don't violate militant Muslims rights...If they want to blow Sydney up let them..We have to be politically correct and not violate their rights.....:roll:

Thank God we have spys in the mosques here..........

Where in there did it say they were investigating militant Muslims suspected of terror?

The thought that a government feels it's acceptable to spy on an entire religion is absurd.

And what makes you think we have spys in "the mosques" (obviously not most of them) here?

Harshaw said:
Really?

You can do all the same things after USA PATRIOT that you could do before. Just that many of them will be classified differently and could possibly mean you are labelled a terrorist. Civil liberties and constitutional rights are affected by this act. USA PATRIOT allows a corrupt US Fedearl Government to increase its tyrannical control and suppress dissent. The loss of freedom is the creation of an atomsphere through government oppression. USA PATRIOT Act moves this forwards in leaps and bounds.

is martial law far behind

Didga[B said:
]You can do all the same things after USA PATRIOT that you could do before[/B]. Just that many of them will be classified differently and could possibly mean you are labelled a terrorist. Civil liberties and constitutional rights are affected by this act. USA PATRIOT allows a corrupt US Fedearl Government to increase its tyrannical control and suppress dissent. The loss of freedom is the creation of an atomsphere through government oppression. USA PATRIOT Act moves this forwards in leaps and bounds.

If you can presently exercise all the freedoms that had before the PA was enacted, where is the oppression and loss of freedom?

Just that many of them will be classified differently and could possibly mean you are labelled a terrorist
Like?

Didga said:
You can do all the same things after USA PATRIOT that you could do before. Just that many of them will be classified differently and could possibly mean you are labelled a terrorist. Civil liberties and constitutional rights are affected by this act. USA PATRIOT allows a corrupt US Fedearl Government to increase its tyrannical control and suppress dissent. The loss of freedom is the creation of an atomsphere through government oppression. USA PATRIOT Act moves this forwards in leaps and bounds.

Oh, no. You didn't say anything about "atmosphere." You said "drastically curtailed."

Let's see some examples.

Back
Top Bottom