• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Atta boy Australia!!!!!

Navy Pride said:
You make stupid idiotic comments like why not kill them all and you call me the worse debator...:roll: You have to be the most misguide, nissinformed liberal in this whole forum....Those elephants you have by your name are not fooling anyone.....

You address none off my points, you just attack the messenger............

I will say it for you one more time and try and concentrate like a laser beam....If putting people in a mosques can prevent a terrorist attack I am all for it......What part of that do you not understand.............

What if nuking the entire middle east could prevent a terrorist attack? What if killing a fetus could prevent a terror attack? What if raising taxes could prevent a terrorist attack?

The point is that simply because something could prevent a terror attack does not mean that it is a good idea. End doesn't justify the means.

[QUOTEIt's like kicking a puppy.[/][/QUOTE]

It may be and that might be and it might be the way you get your jollys, but its adds nothing to the debate.........

RightatNYU said:
What if nuking the entire middle east could prevent a terrorist attack? What if killing a fetus could prevent a terror attack? What if raising taxes could prevent a terrorist attack?

The point is that simply because something could prevent a terror attack does not mean that it is a good idea. End doesn't justify the means.

Ok, lets just let all of UBL and his terrorist come back in the U.S. and kill millions with with hundereds of terrorist attacks........

GOD FORBID WE VIOLATE THERE RIGHTS!!!!!!!!! WHATS A 100 MILLION DEAD....WE DID NOT VIOLATE ANYONES RIGHTS........THAT IS THE IMPORTANT THING...........

You are just not worth debating my left wing friend hiding as a Republican.......have a great life......Hope you don't get killed in another attack in NYC by your terrorist buddies.........

Navy Pride said:
Ok, lets just let all of UBL and his terrorist come back in the U.S. and kill millions with with hundereds of terrorist attacks........

GOD FORBID WE VIOLATE THERE RIGHTS!!!!!!!!! WHATS A 100 MILLION DEAD....WE DID NOT VIOLATE ANYONES RIGHTS........THAT IS THE IMPORTANT THING...........

You are just not worth debating my left wing friend hiding as a Republican.......have a great life......Hope you don't get killed in another attack in NYC by your terrorist buddies.........

Didn't answer my question....does the end justify the means? If so, what means are you willing to take?

RightatNYU said:
Didn't answer my question....does the end justify the means? If so, what means are you willing to take?

Unlike you almost any that will save innocent American civilians from being murdered...

Navy Pride said:
Unlike you almost any that will save innocent American civilians from being murdered...

Does that include nuking the middle east?
What about interning all Muslims in camps?
How about kicking all Muslims out of the country?
What about declaring war on all nations run by Islamic law?
How about removing due process for all American citizens suspected of involvement with terrorism?
What about banning all mosques or organized practice of Islam?
What about keeping all young Muslim men off flights?

I'd just love a response to each of these.

RightatNYU said:
How about removing due process for all American citizens suspected of involvement with terrorism?

To stop a terrorist attack in the US?
Presuming that said terrorist attack were to be perpetrated by said Muslims - then yes. I'd do them all.

Anyone that would not do whats neecessary to protect the people of the US can't be counted on to come up with the right answers to tough questions, and should never be in a position of public trust - say nothing of President.

Imagine this:
-You're President.
-NYC is nuked. 500kt of nuclear fury.
-You get on TV and say 'we could have stopped this, but it would have meant...
... interning all Muslims in camps...
...kicking all Muslims out of the country...
...declaring war on all nations run by Islamic law...
...removing due process for all American citizens suspected of involvement with terrorism...
...banning all mosques or organized practice of Islam...
...keeping all young Muslim men off flights...
...so we didnt do it".

How long do you suppose it would be before you Impeachment proceedings were halted by your outright lynching?

RightatNYU said:
How about removing due process for all American citizens suspected of involvement with terroism?

Lets see here, IMO and again this is just my opinion. I would love to nuke the ME. They dont do a dam thing for this world. We have alternative means of power so we dont need to keep palluting the earth(although a nuke would pallute the earth On the other hand a neutron bomb wouldnt which is what I would use). After this is done everything else wouldnt even be relavent cause the islamic radicalism would be severed. If there are people here who want to commit harm then we get them and detain them under the Patriot Act. Muslims can worship as long as they arent pursuing to commit harm against america. I really dont mind their reigion as long as its peaceful. And now the rest of the muslims can live without this threat on the undermining of their religion. It would be good for both sides.

M14 Shooter said:
To stop a terrorist attack in the US?
Presuming that said terroist attack were to be perpetrated by said Muslims - then yes. I'd do them all.

Anyone that would not do whats neecessary to protect the people of the US can't be trusted to come up with the right answers to tough questions, and should never be in a position of public trust - say nothing of President.

Imagine this:
-You're President.
-NYC is nuked. 500kt of nuclear fury.
-You get on TV and say 'we could have stopped this, but it would have meant...
... interning all Muslims in camps...
...kicking all Muslims out of the country...
...declaring war on all nations run by Islamic law...
...removing due process for all American citizens suspected of involvement with terroism...
...banning all mosques or organized practice of Islam...
...keeping all young Muslim men off flights...
...so we didnt do it".

How long do you suppose it would be before you Impeachment proceedings were halted by your outright lynching?

That was well said actually. Even though some of that would be a direct inconsistency with the constitution I think becasue of this new threat we need to have new laws and implementations. The founding fathers never thought they wuld be dealing with islamic radicalism.

RightatNYU said:

Go back to your liberal friends.....You are not worth the debate......

SKILMATIC said:
That was well said actually. Even though some of that would be a direct inconsistency with the constitution I think becasue of this new threat we need to have new laws and implementations. The founding fathers never thought they wuld be dealing with islamic radicalism.

I don't even need to respond to that anymore.

RightatNYU said:
I don't even need to respond to that anymore.

Well I am not going to lie. I know alot of those notions are not constitutional, but whats more important? Life or a piece of paper written some 300yrs ago? It puts a certain relativity on the subject doesnt it?

I think our consititution is very important; I IMO value life more.

Some may have other arguments.

M14 & Skil, the guy is a zero..He has no clue.......And what is worse he is trying to fool everyone pretending he is a Republican...........

He is one of the biggest Liberals in the forum........

Navy Pride said:
Go back to your liberal friends.....You are not worth the debate......

I will have to kindly disagree with you navy cause he is actually on our side. He is just a constitutionist. He seems to follow it like a straight edged sword. He beleives there should be no excuse not to follow it. Which is ok but IMO it needs to be revised a little for these new times and threats(and only for these new threats). Again its just my opinion.

Navy Pride said:
M14 & Skil, the guy is a zero..He has no clue.......And what is worse he is trying to fool everyone pretending he is a Republican...........

He is one of the biggest Liberals in the forum........

Well your are partly correct in that he is a little liberal in a few issues but that doesnt mean he is totally a liberal. IMO from listening to most of his posts he is a conservative. There are some that would label him a liberal though.

SKILMATIC said:
Well your are partly correct in that he is a little liberal in a few issues but that doesnt mean he is totally a liberal. IMO from listening to most of his posts he is a conservative. There are some that would label him a liberal though.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree my friend.......I am not the only Conservative he has attacked...........He may be a Susan Collins type Republican who leans to the left, but he is no Conservative........

RightatNYU said:
Does that include nukng the middle east?

I don't see that as a necessity at this time.

What would that solve? If good case could be made for it being necessary, maybe, but only AFTER all illegals and non-citizens were expelled from the country

Non-citizens have no absolute right to be here in the first place. Obviously American citizens warrent different treatment.

I doubt you'd have to declare war on ALL of them. A lot of them are already running scared from Iraq. Once its clear that harboring terrorists will get you into a war you do not want, the problem will resolve itself.

Nope. Won't go for that.

In a country formed on the principals of free religion? Won't fly.

Not ALL, but there is certainly a precidence for "racial profiling" here. The PC bS has gone too far. ALL of the 9/11 hijackers were of middle eastern decent. To NOT factor that into risk assessment is irresponcible. Other countries do it and have had good results.

There you go, but I feel the need to reinforce what M14 said, as well. As President, one of your primary jobs is keeping Americans safe. If you are not willing to do whatever is necessary to keep Americans safe, you don't belong in the White House.

SKILMATIC said:
Well I am not going to lie. I know alot of those notions are not constitutional, but whats more important? Life or a piece of paper written some 300yrs ago? It puts a certain relativity on the subject doesnt it?

I think our consititution is very important; I IMO value life more.

Some may have other arguments.

The Constuition is the basis for all of our governments powers and limitations.

Ignoring it is a dangerous precident to set, no matter what the reason.

If the Constuition gets in the way of effectively combating terror, then it needs to be amended. That's why the amendment provisions are there.

akyron said:
The UK is listening.

LONDON: Britain on Wednesday unveiled the criteria it will use to bar foreigners it believes inspire terrorism as part of a broad crackdown on Islamist preachers after last month’s bombings in London.

UK unveils plan to ban Muslim hate preachers
The UK is listening but will probably be shafted by Europe. Thanks to 'Article 3' of the 'European convention on human rights' it's virtually impossible to expell these hate mongers. All they have to do is claim they will be tortured in the country they will be sent to.
After all Blair said after the London bombings, as far as I know not one of these despicable creatures has been expelled from the UK.
I hope Clarke succeeds but he'll have a battle with the liberal eurocrats on his hands.

robin said:
The UK is listening but will probably be shafted by Europe. Thanks to 'Article 3' of the 'European convention on human rights' it's virtually impossible to expell these hate mongers. All they have to do is claim they will be tortured in the country they will be sent to.
After all Blair said after the London bombings, as far as I know not one of these despicable creatures has been expelled from the UK.
I hope Clarke succeeds but he'll have a battle with the liberal eurocrats on his hands.

Thats OK. Give them all jobs as fisherman in the North Sea.

DocAR said:

If the Constuition gets in the way of effectively combating terror, then it needs to be amended. That's why the amendment provisions are there.

I never said ignore it I said I value life more. If you put a document over life then after all life has been terminated you wont have anyone to fight for the prevailment of this document. Now I would rather revise it instead of ignore it. I would rather implement new things to it. But your right in no means should we ignore our constitution.

Navy Pride said:
I guess we will have to agree to disagree my friend.......I am not the only Conservative he has attacked...........He may be a Susan Collins type Republican who leans to the left, but he is no Conservative........

You're right, I don't mesh well with the bible-thumping, a-rab hating, 80 IQ, redneck wing of conservatism. Thankfully, that whole group of idiots just votes the way we tell them to because they can't think for themselves.

DocAR said:

Exactly. I'd love to see some of the idiots on here try to get their proposed amendments through.

Some people just have no idea of what is feasible/logical and what is not.

RightatNYU said:
You're right, I don't mesh well with the bible-thumping, a-rab hating, 80 IQ, redneck wing of conservatism. Thankfully, that whole group of idiots just votes the way we tell them to because they can't think for themselves.

Well change your party to Democratic and vote for Hillary in 2008 becaue that is where all the people that think like you are....You are really mixed up and confused..........

RightatNYU said:
Exactly. I'd love to see some of the idiots on here try to get their proposed amendments through.

Some people just have no idea of what is feasible/logical and what is not.

Well considering there have been some 11000 potential ammendments tried to be passed and we only have like 27 I dont think their chances are very good.

Not to mention it takes a crap load to get one passed. I beleive if I remember correctly it takes a 2/3 majority vote in both houses and a 3/4 majority of the states to pass an ammendment. So it doesnt look good.

Well change your party to Democratic and vote for Hillary in 2008 becaue that is where all the people that think like you are....You are really mixed up and confused..........

Well he is what I like to call a moderate. Not so conservative and not so mental case so IMO he is a independant but of course he would differ.

Back
Top Bottom