• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Atlas is coming!!

Probably because the end game is for it to replace many of the roles that humans currently serve. Almost by definition, any such machine will be humanlike.

Dunno it seems more logically to me both for "battle" robots and for logistic robots to be modeled based on animals; spiders, gorillas, etc...

Fallen.

I don't think anyone doubts that animatronic warfare will be part of our future but one has to wonder...how far off is it?

Well, here's a clip of a DARPA project which has been going on for a few years and the advances are, in a word, startling!

I have my doubts that robot soldiers will ever be a realistic option.

I think the industrial era is only meant to be a launching point for other kinds of sustainable technologies once this fossil fuel paradigm comes to an end.

I already miss those muscle cars from the 60's and early 70's.

I really feel the pain for those of the younger generation who will never experience being behind the wheel of two tons of steel with a huge gas sucking internal combustion engine with dual quad Holley's, a four speed manual shift transmission and positive traction.

I already miss those muscle cars from the 60's and early 70's.

I really feel the pain for those of the younger generation who will never experience being behind the wheel of two tons of steel with a huge gas sucking internal combustion engine with dual quad Holley's, a four speed manual shift transmission and positive traction.

You might want to go test drive the new mustangs, cameros, and challengers, you might be impressed. The v-6 models of these cars damn near match the output of v-8's of yesteryear. The v8 versions are putting out 400 horses and have way better handling. Todays muscle cars are very good even compared with their ancestors. Hell the new corvette is a match for any supercar of any year. I own a 98 Trans Am that I am refurbishing to 500hp and 500lbs with minimal modifications from stock. Basically making it breathe better. Don't knock the new cars they are quite good.

Back
Top Bottom