• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Athiesm is a technocratic cult

TerraImperalist

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
2jfm0qx.png

"Religion is the opium of the people" -Karl Marx

The struggles between Religion and science has always been around since rational thought and free-thinking but those who disbelieve in a deity and use the powers of logic and reasoning are no different than blind followers. The modern human has always tied the word religion with god as religion itself is exclusive to a god or divine being. it is not always the case. The rise of atheism, where people do not believe in a god or deity is culturally accepted. Personally, I do. But to some human beings, the religious part is still stuck in to them, and whether it's god or no god, they still think the same. Some atheists today will talk about science in such a religious level. The boasting that science proves everything is the same as a fundamentalist christian saying the bible is everything. Two different upbringings, same style.

Once god-based religion is eliminated from human society which could take a matter of centuries or even millenniums, Atheism, or another form atheistic religion will take over. It will be another cultural battle between the secular atheists and religious atheists. The ones that don't believe in a god and accept that fact, and the ones that will worship the values of science and free-thinking. Scientists through-out history will be talked as if they were prophets. Most 21st century atheists would deny this fact since culturally, mainly atheists are a bit stubborn and up to their own fact which proves to me that the religious part is kicking into their belief system.

The point is not that who is right or wrong, the point is that the ones who despise the zealous believers are becoming who they intended on defeating in their first place. It is simply ironic how that even happens.

American Atheists is a beacon of influence and continues to grow everyday to turn the common atheist into a religious atheist.

Still don't think AA is a religion? If they don't believe in a god, then why can't it be just that and not have this silly logo that represents them?

1376208_300.jpg

Where's the no god part of that? That shows you one thing. Science. As it implies that all atheists are science fanatics which is NOT TRUE.

See, they're using science as a dogma to convert the secular atheism into some religious science cultists that is the start of a technocratic nation.

atheism is nothing. It's not a pro-science cult and it isn't a technocratic cult.

Atheists can be just as stupid as religious people and just as smart.

Atheism is just nothing. Or if you will, it's the newest religious cult.

I would only ever join a technocratic cult if William Gibson were involved somehow.

If knowledge, science, technology, and learning are at odds with belief in god, that sounds like a problem for god, not for knowledge.

Militant Abrahamic "non-alchemists" are annoying aren't they?

C Gerstle said:
To call atheism a religion is to call bald a hair color.

To be honest, "atheist" is a word that shouldn't even exist. No one has to acknowledge themselves as a "non-alchemist" or "non-astrologist."

The word "atheist" only exists because dogmatists outnumber the skeptics in this case.

However, as Bertrand Russell said in his parable about the celestial teapot, that does not change the burden of proof. In truth, the burden of proof lies with the religious dogmatists. You have to prove to us that God exists, not the other way around.

Last edited:
atheism is nothing. It's not a pro-science cult and it isn't a technocratic cult.

Atheists can be just as stupid as religious people and just as smart.

Atheism is just nothing. Or if you will, it's the newest religious cult.

wrong. atheism is a cult which wishes to create a global atheocracy.

This all sounds like the doings of a religious person.

You make **** up and make no sense, that screams religious.

the religious people are also bad and they are world domination cults as well. however, most people know this but don't realize that the atheists are conspiring with the NWO to take over the world and institute an atheocratic technocracy dictator.

Stupid thread. Atheist is just that: a non-theist. One who does not believe in a deity. It has nothing to do with science. But, many atheists put their trust in the "scientific method", which maybe is why deists confuse atheists with the concept of science-worship, but that's just because those deists do not understand the scientific method.

Stupid thread. Atheist is just that: a non-theist. One who does not believe in a deity. It has nothing to do with science. But, many atheists put their trust in the "scientific method", which maybe is why deists confuse atheists with science worship.

no. I am an agnostic.

atheists cult are even more dangerous than theists cult.

no. I am an agnostic.

atheists cult are even more dangerous than theists cult.

Atheism is not a cult. Atheists are the least egalitarian "group" I can think of. I usually don't like to throw around insults but you are a compete tool. Stop over-generalizing.

organized athiesm is no better than organized religion

This is a silly thread but I'll try and explain a few things to you that I think are quite accurate and might change your outlook on all this.

If you knew much about atheists and scientists, you would know that most of the "dangers" you talk about are pretty much anathema to them. We don't gravitate towards "organized atheism" much. Some band together but only for the purpose of keeping religion from overstepping their bounds. Most atheists have little desire to get together for any kind of "movement", the premise is inappropriate. Most of us would just like to be left alone and not negatively effected by religious bull****.

You make bizarre mistake of equating believing in religion to believing in science, the two could not be more different. Good scientists do not "blindly" follow anything, they constantly question everything, nothing is sacred. In fact I would go so far to say that most of the best scientists in history rejected current prevailing scientific explanations and discovered better ones. There is nothing blind about that.

If you follow science the same way one would follow religion that's the fault of the user.

organized athiesm is no better than organized religion

So you have nothing then. I remember being afraid to say I was Atheist because it was different. Now that it is the fastest growing belief in America, not so much.
Do you think American Atheists is the reason for the phenomenal growth of atheism? Not likely, I have never heard of it before. I think it is just becoming harder and harder for rational people to believe in everlasting life and without that Religion really has nothing to offer..

the religious people are also bad and they are world domination cults as well. however, most people know this but don't realize that the atheists are conspiring with the NWO to take over the world and institute an atheocratic technocracy dictator.

You have it all wrong. Atheists are allied with the lizard people, the NWO is our sworn enemy in our struggle for world domination. Clearly you have never been to one of the meetings.

All hail Charles Darwin!

You have it all wrong. Atheists are allied with the lizard people, the NWO is our sworn enemy in our struggle for world domination. Clearly you have never been to one of the meetings.

I KNEW IT!!!!! Wow.

This is a silly thread but I'll try and explain a few things to you that I think are quite accurate and might change your outlook on all this.

If you knew much about atheists and scientists, you would know that most of the "dangers" you talk about are pretty much anathema to them. We don't gravitate towards "organized atheism" much. Some band together but only for the purpose of keeping religion from overstepping their bounds. Most atheists have little desire to get together for any kind of "movement", the premise is inappropriate. Most of us would just like to be left alone and not negatively effected by religious bull****.

You make bizarre mistake of equating believing in religion to believing in science, the two could not be more different. Good scientists do not "blindly" follow anything, they constantly question everything, nothing is sacred. In fact I would go so far to say that most of the best scientists in history rejected current prevailing scientific explanations and discovered better ones. There is nothing blind about that.

If you follow science the same way one would follow religion that's the fault of the user.

Nice job Verax, although I'm afraid that despite your efforts to simplify it, it will be still go over some posters' heads ... it really is a silly thread ... some people believe in God, others say there is no God, others say they don't know, and others say they don't know and don't care ... Atheism a cult? Really? First time I've heard that one.

Back
Top Bottom