• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Athiesm is a technocratic cult

2jfm0qx.png
Forgot the "H", bro.

"Religion is the opium of the people" -Karl Marx
Because all atheists are clearly communists.

The struggles between Religion and science has always been around since rational thought and free-thinking but those who disbelieve in a deity and use the powers of logic and reasoning are no different than blind followers. The modern human has always tied the word religion with god as religion itself is exclusive to a god or divine being. it is not always the case. The rise of atheism, where people do not believe in a god or deity is culturally accepted. Personally, I do. But to some human beings, the religious part is still stuck in to them, and whether it's god or no god, they still think the same. Some atheists today will talk about science in such a religious level. The boasting that science proves everything is the same as a fundamentalist christian saying the bible is everything. Two different upbringings, same style.
You're getting human nature confused with religion. You should stop doing that. People are social animals, and when they gather in groups they tend to adopt hierarchies and group traits that distinguish them from others, ranging from little things like inside jokes, to similar ideological beliefs. That doesn't make atheism a religion.

American Atheists is a beacon of influence and continues to grow everyday to turn the common atheist into a religious atheist.
Really? Because I've never heard of it.

Still don't think AA is a religion?
It's more that I don't care. Also, lol for having the same initials as Alcoholics Anonymous.

If they don't believe in a god, then why can't it be just that and not have this silly logo that represents them?
Probably the same reason every organization in the history of ever has an easily recognizable emblem.

I love it when atheism is attacked by people who can't spell it.

I'd like to have "honest atheist discussions" without the presence of religious people, can this be moved to the Religious Subforum? I think I need my own subforum, now, where no questions can be raised without my lack of belief. :2razz:

I'd like to have "honest atheist discussions" without the presence of religious people, can this be moved to the Religious Subforum? I think I need my own subforum, now, where no questions can be raised without my lack of belief. :2razz:

Indeed. Though, the oddest part of the religion forum, for me, is that they're allowed to criticize other religions (just as long as it's not too much).

EDIT: It seems they may have changed some of the rules? Anyways, at least people can't start anti-atheism thread there anymore.

Indeed. Though, the oddest part of the religion forum, for me, is that they're allowed to criticize other religions (just as long as it's not too much).

EDIT: It seems they may have changed some of the rules? Anyways, at least people can't start anti-atheism thread there anymore.
I call that sub-forum the Kool Aide Room. Only those partaking in that particular soft drink are invited to attend, no dissenters allowed.

I call that sub-forum the Kool Aide Room. Only those partaking in that particular soft drink are invited to attend, no dissenters allowed.

Careful guys. I can understand it to an extent but, it's quite foolish, to think a religious discussion can't occur with atheists around. To me, it just drove the wedge further. :shrug:

Careful guys. I can understand it to an extent but, it's quite foolish, to think a religious discussion can't occur with atheists around. To me, it just drove the wedge further. :shrug:

I suppose to some extent it does save us from discussions with people that say "The bible said so" as their argument.

That's just it. They want to prattle on about whatever floats their boat, which is fine. But, as soon as one of us goes in there to throw a little cold water on the topic by using logic and reason, the mods strike and warnings, if not infractions, come flying. It doesn't help me respect their arguments, only reinforces that there is thin skin among the religious.

wrong. atheism is a cult which wishes to create a global atheocracy.

actually our main goal is increasing the urine content of public pools. This is to help facilitate the breeding behavior of the Xendu hive collective.

Still don't think AA is a religion? If they don't believe in a god, then why can't it be just that and not have this silly logo that represents them?

1376208_300.jpg
I give this quote a 3/3, though I can only show two of them ... :lamo :lamo

Hey, look! A religion of Old People!

aarp_logo.gif

Oh, look! Another religion - this time of Republicans and Democrats!

DEMOCRAT-REPUBLICAN.jpg

OMG! Another scientific religion! :shock:

nasa-logo-200-18.jpg

Last edited:
the religious people are also bad and they are world domination cults as well. however, most people know this but don't realize that the atheists are conspiring with the NWO to take over the world and institute an atheocratic technocracy dictator.
Being new you might have missed the Conspiracy Theory section of the board ...

Conspiracy Theories

As near as I recall, a lot of threads about factual issues or moral ideals popped up in the religion forum, and a lot of theists would say "god said blah blah blah", atheists reply "so what? there is no god", and theists got mad at being called out on their appeals to authority. It still happens all the time in the philosophy forum, where most threads that ask for conclusions. Consider the creation/evolution thread and the evil spirit possession one. The moment one invokes an appeal to authority like that, the discussion devolves into debating the fallacy. Academic theology is pretty much the only thing that really belongs in the religion forum now.

Atheism as a religion? Of course.

"Humanists are content with fixing their attention on this life...Theirs is a religion without God..."

Morain, Lloyd & Mary - HUMANISM AS THE NEXT STEP, (Boston: Beacon Press, 1954) p. 4

and a footnote in a SC issue.

"Among religions in this country which do not teach what would generally be considered a belief in the existence of God are Buddhism, Taoism, Ethical Culture, Secular Humanism and others."

U.S. Supreme Court Reports, Vol 6, L. Ed. 2nd ed. p. 987

What's the problem?

As near as I recall, a lot of threads about factual issues or moral ideals popped up in the religion forum, and a lot of theists would say "god said blah blah blah", atheists reply "so what? there is no god", and theists got mad at being called out on their appeals to authority. It still happens all the time in the philosophy forum, where most threads that ask for conclusions. Consider the creation/evolution thread and the evil spirit possession one. The moment one invokes an appeal to authority like that, the discussion devolves into debating the fallacy. Academic theology is pretty much the only thing that really belongs in the religion forum now.

There is such a thing? ;)

Anyway, I wasn't really here when the two were together (at least I don't really remember it, if I was). I could certainly see what you're saying and how it could've been seen as a problem. I just don't understand how the two are separated. It's not like there's a "Democrats Only" subforum or a "Republicans Only" subforum, but suddenly there has to be a "Religious Only" subforum.

Anyway, I wasn't really here when the two were together (at least I don't really remember it, if I was). I could certainly see what you're saying and how it could've been seen as a problem. I just don't understand how the two are separated. It's not like there's a "Democrats Only" subforum or a "Republicans Only" subforum, but suddenly there has to be a "Religious Only" subforum.

And there are more than twice as many posts in this forum than that one. And a lot of threads in the religion forum really belong in this one. In terms of religion, Protestants and Catholics (in the USA) have simply agreed to disagree, Medusa is the only vocal Muslim on the board, and nobody really tries to argue the validity of their religion over others. Except for the hardcore fundamentalists. And they seem much more interested in arguing with us than with, say, Jews. Arguing what to have faith about is arbitrary, arguing whether or not faith is a good idea is a discussion worth having.

It's a dead horse, but yes there was a special forum created to protect theists ability to denigrate atheists without rebuttal (which is what, for the most part, the Religion forum has turned into). Though atheists get no special treatment, we don't have a special board to get away from the philosophy forum which is more or less a second "let's bash atheists" forum.

Part of being in the minority.

It's the "Let's bash atheists by calling them religious like us" mindset which is so difficult to comprehend. Or is it simply a lack of imagination? An inability to conceive of anyone not slavishly following the instruction manual. It must be frightening if not threatening to their self-image.

Atheism as a religion? Of course.

If atheism is a religion, we should be allowed into the religion forum.

I've been an agnostic since I was old enough to know the term exists. I've never been invited to a single cult meeting so I can help conquer the world.

By the way, science is not a set of beliefs beyond the idea that carefully controlled observation of reproducible phenomena is the best known way to obtain reliable information.

What percent of atheists and agnostics in the USA belong to the American atheist organization?

Last edited:
And there are more than twice as many posts in this forum than that one. And a lot of threads in the religion forum really belong in this one. In terms of religion, Protestants and Catholics (in the USA) have simply agreed to disagree, Medusa is the only vocal Muslim on the board, and nobody really tries to argue the validity of their religion over others. Except for the hardcore fundamentalists. And they seem much more interested in arguing with us than with, say, Jews. Arguing what to have faith about is arbitrary, arguing whether or not faith is a good idea is a discussion worth having.

It really does make no sense. To me, it appears as the "I'm a Christian and don't want to dare be challenged" - forum.

It's a dead horse, but yes there was a special forum created to protect theists ability to denigrate atheists without rebuttal (which is what, for the most part, the Religion forum has turned into). Though atheists get no special treatment, we don't have a special board to get away from the philosophy forum which is more or less a second "let's bash atheists" forum.

If it's in the Philosophy Forum - atheists can fire back
If it's in the Religion Forum - "abandon hope all ye (atheists) who enter here"

The updated rules keep atheist bashing threads out of the religion forum now. Not that we shy away from responding, but it's nice not to be penalized for doing so.

What percent of atheists and agnostics in the USA belong to the American atheist organization?
I'd never heard of it before this thread and I'm actually an admirer of Dawkins but I admit I don't read his strictly atheists books. His ideas still percolate through his evolution works and the blind watchmaker is on my reading list but I'm not really sure you'd call that an atheist work. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom