• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Atheism

No, that isn't what science has been doing. Science starts with observation of physical reality. That's why science doesn't consider imaginary things. They can't be observed in any physical way.
David, take your uninformed uneducated contrarian show on the road. I'm not interested in farce.

It's quite insane for theists to argue that atheism is a religion in order to demean it. "It's only a religion just like mine!"

It's called a "strawman" fallacy.

Deliberately mis-represent an opposing view in order to ridicule it.

That's why they do it. The same reason they demand that everyone has faith and has beliefs. Because if everyone has faith and beliefs, you can't criticize them without criticizing yourself. It's a sham, but then again, so is religion. What's really shocking is how dishonest most of these people are.

I thought about this a while ago:

I came up with the idea that there are 4 types of Christian (but you can apply to all religions):

1. Those that genuinely believe that the Christian god exists - even to the point of professing that they've spoken to it and been spoken back to.
These are the deluded...the sheep.

2. Those with a vested interest - TV evangelists with private jets and million dollar mansions. The preach Christianity because it pays the bills
These are the Wild West snake oil salesmen

3. The long for the ride Christians. People who don't believe but say they do to avoid being socially ostracized (especially by their parents)
Includes people who work at religious sites who have to affirm their beliefs before getting a job

4. The cultural Christians. Those who identify themselves as "Christian" thinking it refers to their cultural heredity

I thought about this a while ago:

I came up with the idea that there are 4 types of Christian (but you can apply to all religions):

Not one of your better ideas I'd bet.
Hopefully you've edited it quite a lot since "a while ago"?

;)

Not one of your better ideas I'd bet.
Hopefully you've edited it quite a lot since "a while ago"?

;)

I personally narrowed it down to two. There are those Christians who follow Jesus's message, and then there are those who concentrate on Jesus's sacrfice for THEM.

You could say one is about Jesus, and the other is what Jesus is about.

I personally narrowed it down to two. There are those Christians who follow Jesus's message, and then there are those who concentrate on Jesus's sacrfice for THEM.

You could say one is about Jesus, and the other is what Jesus is about.

I think a list of two works.

1) there are good christians
2) there are bad christians

The ratio is the real question.

:mrgreen:

I think a list of two works.

1) there are good christians
2) there are bad christians

The ratio is the real question.

:mrgreen:

The criteria of 'what is good' and 'what is bad' is highly subjective.

Back
Top Bottom