• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ATF seizes 1,000 guns in East Mesa raid

What the hell does immigration have to do with this?

You don't know a thing about current gun laws either.
It shows.

Think about it, Harry (preferably before opening your mouth)

AZ has been demanding that the Feds enforce federal law with regard to immigration. A lot of talk on these boards about how illegals are "breaking the law".

Then you tell us that this jackass in Mesa was breaking the law, too. His license expired in 06. But then you want to parse and justify his actions--it wasn't that bad, etc. etc.

I called bull**** on you, Harry.

Think. Then speak.

Think about it, Harry (preferably before opening your mouth)

AZ has been demanding that the Feds enforce federal law with regard to immigration. A lot of talk on these boards about how illegals are "breaking the law".

Then you tell us that this jackass in Mesa was breaking the law, too. His license expired in 06. But then you want to parse and justify his actions--it wasn't that bad, etc. etc.

I called bull**** on you, Harry.

Think. Then speak.

Well, I'm a ok with immigration.
Your thoughts confuse me because I have no problem legalizing people who want to become citizens here.

Here is a post I wrote about a month ago to prove it.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/immigration/72743-but-its-not-hard-immigrate-4.html#post1058809549

Yea the license laws are stupid and cumbersome, just like our immigration laws.
At times many of our guns laws are vaguely written, to make criminals out of innocent people.

I don't care if his license expired, he should be able to sell firearms providing he does the NCIS background checks.
He shouldn't need a license to sell them, if he isn't a criminal.

Last edited:
What do you propose for handling regulation of the ATF's jurisdiction?

The ATF, like most enforcement agencies, is often under-valued because we DONT see their results directly.

Actually I've seen quite enough ATF results. Disband them; there is no Constitutional mandate for such an agency anyway. I think we'd find we can do without very nicely.

Technically if he had those guns without them being properly registered, they were illegal.
This assumens, of course, that he was legally required to register them.
AZ has no such law.

Once you reach a certain point, you cant really make an argument that these are for personal use and it sounds much more like the guy is stocking up for an army.
This is exactly why we have the 2nd amendment. So...?

Im sure they also have proper paperwork and licensing information for their collection.
Probably not, because in most places you do not need paperwork or a license to own a gun.

They were seized because he was selling them without a license. He committed a crime involving those guns, and they were taken as evidence. I've got no problem with it.
Selling guns w/o a FFL isnt illegal.
Selling them under the auspices of a busness is.

Back
Top Bottom