• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At what point is Tucker going to be deemed a Russian asset/agent?

He is either a witting or unwitting Russian Agent. I care not which myself. However as indicated earlier, I have too much respect for Carlson's intelligence to think him an unwitting agent.....ERGO.....he is a witting Russian Agent and he is profiting nicely for it.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.
I certainly am. Which do you think Carlson is, a witting Agent of Putin or an unwitting Agent of Putin and why would it matter. One would suggest massive unscrupulousness...the other massive stupidity. Which do you choose?

I certainly am. Which do you think Carlson is, a witting Agent of Putin or an unwitting Agent of Putin and why would it matter. One would suggest massive unscrupulousness...the other massive stupidity. Which do you choose?
I choose not to accept an obvious example of the either/or fallacy; that's what I choose.

I choose not to accept an obvious example of the either/or fallacy; that's what I choose.
So you have no opinion? What are you doing in the thread and what fallacy are you talking about?

There is only one other option to those I have offered. That would be that they induce Tucker into a coma 23 hours of the day and let him rouse for his one hour show and then induce coma again. That's it. Is that what you are suggesting?

At any rate, I think it unconscionable that any American would give Russia ammo to use as propaganda against the President and CiC. I would think exactly the same of anyone who would knowingly provide fodder for Putin to use against NATO and the people of Ukraine in this time of serious crisis. For me, it has nothing to do with the fact it is Tucker although the fact he is doing it is no surprise to me. Politics ahead of country during a time of crisis is just plain wrong.

At any rate, I think it unconscionable that any American would give Russia ammo to use as propaganda against the President and CiC. I would think exactly the same of anyone who would knowingly provide fodder for Putin to use against NATO and the people of Ukraine in this time of serious crisis. For me, it has nothing to do with the fact it is Tucker although the fact he is doing it is no surprise to me. Politics ahead of country during a time of crisis is just plain wrong.
Especially given how utterly debauched Putin's rationalizations for this war have become just from his conduct of it. If you did not know his rationalizations for this war were bullshit before seeing his conduct of it, you would certainly know it by now. Hence, supporting Putin's mass murder for profit effort is just that, supporting Putin's mass murder for profit effort.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if people in the government are in

Putin has been working democracy for a lot longer than people realize, and somewhere along the way, he figured out that the easiest way to defeat a Western liberal democracy is to support (through money and intelligence) the far-right. Liberal democrats are antithetical to Putin's ideology, and although moderates and centrists may disagree with liberals in terms of ideology they still believe in the marketplace of ideas. But the far-right doesn't - they never have and never will. The far-right wants power, and they'd rather not compete for it if they don't have to. Putin figured that out and he's exploited our weak campaign finance regulations, as well as our political naivete about his true character, to his advantage. Most of the GOP identifies with Putin and I suspect many of them are receiving backdoor funding from the Kremlin.

Correct.

The American far right sees more in common with Russia than they do with America. They see a corrupt, racist, antidemocratic, misogynist, colonizing government in that of Russia and think, let's get that here!

The problem is, suppose Biden said he's going after these traitors, we'd be inching closer to civil unrest. Some extremists would use that as a pretext for open violent rebellion against the government, and against left wing political figures. There's absolutely a nexus between Vladmir Putin, the GOP, and even conservative governments throughout Europe, including LePen, the AFD, and the British conservatives like Nigel Farage. I'm not totally convinced Boris Johnson isn't in some way compromised by Putin or his oligarchs.

That's because extreme righties are addicts, literal addicts, to their beliefs. They will do ANYTHING to shove their beliefs onto society. Trump, school censorship, and of course, guns.

At what point is Tucker going to be deemed a Russian asset/agent?​

Wittingly or unwittingly, he is now. The question is whether he is one wittingly or unwittingly. My personally opinion.....wittingly.

The Communists used to call them “useful fools”. People not necessarily on the payroll, but spreading the propaganda anyway.

how many different ways can the current Republican base be conned? at this point it's just pathetic.

Maybe try post some silly photos now. You know that really helps? :poop:
:poop:
The Devastation In Ukraine - Rediff.com India News

Ukraine invasion: Devastation in Borodyanka as Russian troops advance on  Kyiv | World News | Sky News

Ukraine war in photos, day seven: Images reveal devastation caused by  Putin's war on Russia's neighbour | The Independent

Tucker is laughing his ass off at this silly thread!! And best of all he is laughing at Mother Jones... a democratic rag!! 😃

View attachment 67380047
Of course Tucker is laughing. All those that do not believe in democracy laugh at some of the consequences of its failings while not really knowing how to appreciate its benefits. However, the true arbiter of worth is how often those living in relative freedom try to abandon it and those living in tyranny of the type suffered in Russia attempt to escape that tyranny even if only temporarily. How often the only ways for tyrannical leadership to control its citizenry is by brutal ruthless suppression like what they have in Russia. Don't even attempt to compare your pitiful offerings of victimization in the US from the comfort of your keyboards.

Tucker can afford do laugh, protected by the benefits of living in a free society. The Tucker Carlson's of the world deserve more derision than even the dedicated Putin supporter living in Russia who does not dare to oppose Putin. The Tuckers, the 1/6 Insurrectionists, Donald, Cawthone, MTG, Boebert all deserve our derision.

To some extent we all deserve some derision for indulging in wishful thinking with regard to Vladimir Putin. Certainly it was unjustified at any time in this century....ANYTIME IN THIS CENTURY!

Lefties hate everybody who even hints at a truth which is marginally different from the narratives they are given .

True fascist behaviour .

'Ve haf unzer odours and ve must obay .'
Like yourself, Carlson isn’t known for his honesty.

I've never--and wouldn't--use the term "libtards," nor have I ever suggested that liberals or progressives are "commies." Carlson is on the air because Fox News viewers like his program. That's my simple explanation in response to your silly post.

I hope I remember to check to see how well this post of yours has aged if Putin finally does what most experts think he's going to do, attack NATO and drag us into WW3.
Maybe by that time Tucker will be in GTMO where domestic terrorists belong.

Why did you start at thread with no commentary of your own? It's lazy.
I'm not the OP of this thread, and FYI, original commentary is required only in Breaking News.

He and the people who line up behind him really do hate America.

No.
They LOVE America, only it's an America that never existed, America the fascist Christian white supremacist dictatorship.
America the Christian white supremacist DEMOCRACY betrayed them, so now they HATE democracy.

If they can JUUUUUST convince enough Americans that democracy is a bad thing, they will love America again, once they've sealed their permanent lock on
fascist power, that is.

At what point is Tucker going to be deemed a Russian asset/agent?​

I'd say...ideally...four years ago.

Back
Top Bottom