• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At what exact moment is it Not okay to kill a child?

Rockclimber1

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
A what month, week, hour, second should you not murder the child?

Why do you ask?

What is magical about 20 weeks that makes it okay to end the life of the baby? Just wondering what the pro choice answer is.

What is magical about 20 weeks that makes it okay to end the life of the baby? Just wondering what the pro choice answer is.

That's the point where the evil, rapist parasite transforms into a cute lil baby.

Well it's never ok to abort a baby. But arguments can be made that if the fetus:

-is under 3-4months
-genetic disease (stuff like down syndrome)
-his parents have no means to support a child
-his mother has been drinking alcohol

Or other such cases... i can't think of them all... abortion is course that you should be allowed to take if you so choose.

Well it's never ok to abort a baby. But arguments can be made that if the fetus:

-is under 3-4months

Or other such cases... i can't think of them all... abortion is course that you should be allowed to take if you so choose.

I know folks have their reasons to kill their baby, but we shouldn't be killing our children.

I know folks have their reasons to kill their baby, but we shouldn't be killing our children.

I agree. But still, we live in an imperfect world, we are imperfect people... so we need legal mechanisms to right our wrongs.

A what month, week, hour, second should you not murder the child?

If you REALLY wanted an answer there are any number of pre-existing threads where pro-choice supporters have given the answer over, and over, and over again.

No point in repeating any in here, especially since you clearly appear to define a child the same as any typical pro-lifer does, from the moment of inception.

I agree. But still, we live in an imperfect world, we are imperfect people... so we need legal mechanisms to right our wrongs.

We do, but those shouldn't include sanctioning the the killing of innocents to solve our problems. One example of legal mechanisms to right our wrongs is adoption.

If you REALLY wanted an answer there are any number of pre-existing threads where pro-choice supporters have given the answer over, and over, and over again.

I think he's looking for the justification (IE, why do you set the date you do?), not just "what's the date?"

No point in repeating any in here, especially since you clearly appear to define a child the same as any typical pro-lifer does, from the moment of inception.

You mean conception?

Once the law and medical science says the fetus can survive outside the womb. Until that point, it's not an autonomous being.

I think he's looking for the justification (IE, why do you set the date you do?), not just "what's the date?"

Yes, which has been explained many times in the aforementioned threads. I know because I have provided several myself.

This is a member with a few posts under his belt, yet he starts this type of thread even though there are dozens of similar ones with exactly the information he is looking for. Go figure.

You mean conception?

Doubtlessly, he meant:

inception.png

-is under 3-4months

Why is it ok to kill them in the womb though? As far as human life goes they are equally human when compared to an adult with a genetic disease, down syndrome, FAS, or grown up poor. Why is it acceptable to kill them pre-birth or even viewed as compassionate when it's not acceptable to kill them post birth for the same reason?

Why is it ok to kill them in the womb though? As far as human life goes they are equally human when compared to an adult with a genetic disease, down syndrome, FAS, or grown up poor. Why is it acceptable to kill them pre-birth or even viewed as compassionate when it's not acceptable to kill them post birth for the same reason?

Location, location, location!

Nine days after birth, when the child's family has given it a name and welcomed it into their home.

Nine days after birth, when the child's family has given it a name and welcomed it into their home.

Once the law and medical science says the fetus can survive outside the womb. Until that point, it's not an autonomous being.

Cool, I'm gonna go into the hospital and start unplugging machines.

Families make that choice for their loved ones on an unfortunately regular basis don't they?

Indeed. Of course the difference here being one at the end of their life vs one at the beginning of their life. Nature being as it is, the fetus would develop into a healthy human (in most cases), where as the brain dead would just die. But why bring nature and biology into this?

Abortion doesn't kill children. Children are young autonomous human organisms. ZEF's are not autonomous.

So the answer is, I suppose, when it becomes a child, at which point it is no longer siphoning from the woman's body.

Back
Top Bottom