• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At some point he'll have made enough money.

Bullseye

All Lives Matter or No Lives Matter
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Remember Obama's continuous attack on the rich? He, famously said "I do think at a certain point you've made enough money." So, I wonder when he and Michelle are going to reach that point. "

Typical progressive "rules for thee, but not for me" elitism.

Anyone wanna bet how many whataboutTrumps we'll hear?

Remember Obama's continuous attack on the rich? He, famously said "I do think at a certain point you've made enough money." So, I wonder when he and Michelle are going to reach that point. "

Typical progressive "rules for thee, but not for me" elitism.

Anyone wanna bet how many whataboutTrumps we'll hear?

Well, Michelle alone will have a net worth of over $100 mil after her book tour, while her husband Obummer is dirt-poor - he has to use other people's money to feed the poor in his former hometown.

Well, Michelle alone will have a net worth of over $100 mil after her book tour, while her husband Obummer is dirt-poor - he has to use other people's money to feed the poor in his former hometown.

I understand the point of your comment.

But, can you imagine for a second how embarrassing it would be if we really had an ex-president in the poor house. Like, picture Reagan begging on a corner making international news.

But, can you imagine for a second how embarrassing it would be if we really had an ex-president in the poor house. Like, picture Reagan begging on a corner making international news.

I don't have to imagine anything ... the Clintons were dirt-poor when they left the White House. In fact, I believe they even had some debts ... those poor souls.

I don't have to imagine anything ... the Clintons were dirt-poor when they left the White House. In fact, I believe they even had some debts ... those poor souls.

I kind of consider this a stretch. They still had holdings and wealth. Also, President Clinton could do a couple speaking engagements and pay off 100s of thousands. Just like any previous office holder. Many did this. They don't really get rich while in office, but they never hurt after.

That being said, it's not exactly a nothing paycheck they get and have no reason to spend while in office, too.

Well, maybe when compared to his wife he is dirt-poor, but Barak's net worth in 2018 is $40 million.

https://networthbro.com/barack-obama-net-worth/

Not too shabby.

Like any good liberal, he will always use OPM (Other People's Money) whenever he can.

Well, maybe when compared to his wife he is dirt-poor, but Barak's net worth in 2018 is $40 million.

https://networthbro.com/barack-obama-net-worth/

Not too shabby.

Like any good liberal, he will always use OPM (Other People's Money) whenever he can.

Okay ... so I don't really disagree with the facts put forth here.

However, he's not President now. I can't think of a successful business that doesn't use OPM whenever possible. Let's say I either want to release a product or help the poor. I have $10m in disposable wealth. I can spend that and be limited to it. Or I can get others to invest and use a much smaller portion. Ideally, the product or cause gets $50m from a group.

I kind of consider this a stretch. They still had holdings and wealth. Also, President Clinton could do a couple speaking engagements and pay off 100s of thousands. Just like any previous office holder. Many did this. They don't really get rich while in office, but they never hurt after.

That being said, it's not exactly a nothing paycheck they get and have no reason to spend while in office, too.

June 9, 2014 - Hillary Clinton - interview on ABC:

"You have no reason to remember, but we came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt," Clinton said. "We had no money when we got there, and we struggled to piece together the resources for mortgages for houses, for Chelsea's education. ..."

Poor little lamb.

No, she's going to have a net worth of over $100,000,000,000,000,000,000.00!!!!!!!!!

June 9, 2014 - Hillary Clinton - interview on ABC:

"You have no reason to remember, but we came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt," Clinton said. "We had no money when we got there, and we struggled to piece together the resources for mortgages for houses, for Chelsea's education. ..."

Poor little lamb.

Let's just admit that poor is relative when you are making $400,000 per year for 8 years while in office.

EDIT: I forgot they also only got $169,000 for expenses each year.

Okay ... so I don't really disagree with the facts put forth here.

However, he's not President now. I can't think of a successful business that doesn't use OPM whenever possible. Let's say I either want to release a product or help the poor. I have $10m in disposable wealth. I can spend that and be limited to it. Or I can get others to invest and use a much smaller portion. Ideally, the product or cause gets $50m from a group.

Ummm…

We are talking about feeding poor people in his hometown. Here's what happened:

Barack Obama made a ‘surprise’ visit to a Chicago food bank on Tuesday and brought his own camera crew.

Obama waltzed into the Greater Chicago Food Depository wearing a White Sox hat with his Obama Foundation camera crew in tow.

obama-cameras--600x337.jpg

At least he put some potatoes in a netted baggie for the poor while his crew captured it on camera.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ago-food-bank-with-his-own-camera-crew-video/

Now, this article doesn't say if Obama paid anything out of his own pocket. Another member said he didn't and I have no reason not to believe her.

Anyway, this doesn't appear to be a case of Obama leveraging his star power to raise millions to feed the poor.

He never made continuous attacks on the rich.

Why lie about that? What's the point.
No lie. You were probably just nodding your head too much to pay attention.

No lie. You were probably just nodding your head too much to pay attention.

Yup. A bald-faced and rather pathetic lie, and one that you cannot actually demonstrate to be true.

That's some really high-grade fail you've got there.

Yup. A bald-faced and rather pathetic lie, and one that you cannot actually demonstrate to be true.

That's some really high-grade fail you've got there.
Well, ok, I can't guarantee that demeaning the rich while he was asleep.

Nah, you just can't back up your own lies.

Delicious fail. More, please. And this time in better English.
I can fix my English easily. You need to work on your feelings of inadequacy that turns you into a laughable buffoon.

I can fix my English easily. You need to work on your feelings of inadequacy that turns you into a laughable buffoon.

It's OK that when you're called out on your lies you're forced to turn tail and run.

I expect nothing less.

Harry Truman, the man was BROKE !! In fact he was so hard up for cash Congress initiated a pension for former Presidents.

Much of this was Trumans own fault. He was a terrible buisness man. This was long before former Presidents received fat book deals and lucrative speaking fees.

Harry Truman, the man was BROKE !! In fact he was so hard up for cash Congress initiated a pension for former Presidents.

Much of this was Trumans own fault. He was a terrible buisness man. This was long before former Presidents received fat book deals and lucrative speaking fees.

Such a good counter-point! Thank you.

I guess I meant in modern times, but you are right. I had forgotten about Truman. Back then, though, the President didn't make 2-4 mil for their time in office. As awful as he might have been at business, that would have given him a damn fat retirement during that time.

Presidents aren't going to end up in ithe poor house. And, just so we're clear here, I'm pointing out the Obama's hypocrisy, not their money making capacity. IMHO, people should be allowed to make as much as their abilities allow, but the should criticize or demean others doing the same thing.

Don't bet on it. Whatever Muslim had Obama's permission to handle the $1.7 billion in cash sent to Iran just before Obama was left the White House had no doubt been in touch with Obama's people beforehand to settle the kickback arrangements.

Back
Top Bottom