• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At Navy Yard memorial, Obama renews call for gun control

MACS-24

OPO extraordinaire
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Yet, gun control caused these deaths. When will the gullible awake.Even at taking Biden's advice on shotgun.

From the WashingtonTimes online:
Making perhaps his strongest case to date for gun-control, President Obamaon Sunday said the U.S. cannot continue to accept mass shootings like the one seen at the Washington Navy Yard last week.

Speaking at a memorial service killed in last week’s shooting spree, the president again played the role of comforter-in-chief, a duty he’s assumed multiple times during his time in office.

But this time, Mr. Obama made clear that he and lawmakers must do more than grieve with shattered families.

“Our tears are not enough. Our words are not enough. And our prayers are not enough. If we really want to honor these 12 men and women … We’re going to have to change. We’re going to have to change,” Mr. Obama said, speaking at a memorial service at the Navy Yard, where 12 people were shot and killed by gunman Aaron Alexis last Monday.

The president was even more forceful in his remarks than he was in December, when he also made a plea for gun control in the wake of the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

“We cannot accept this. As Americans bound in grief and love we must insist here today there is nothing normal about innocent men and women being gunned down where they work … We don’t do enough. We don’t take the basic common-sense actions to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and dangerous people. What is different in America is it’s easy to get your hands on a gun, and a lot of us know this.”

Mr. Obama acknowledged that “the politics are difficult,” a reference to April’s failed Senate vote on a bill that would’ve greatly expanded background checks for firearms purchases.

But, the president said, action will be taken — the only question is when.

“It will happen because it’s the change we need,” he said.

Easy fix gun ownership. Don't like guns - no problem don't buy one but don't expect gun-control laws to protect everyone.

Yet, gun control caused these deaths. When will the gullible awake.Even at taking Biden's advice on shotgun.

Easy fix gun ownership. Don't like guns - no problem don't buy one but don't expect gun-control laws to protect everyone.

maybe preventing 70 year old Garands from being brought back from Korea would have stopped the killings. all Obama cares about is pissing off all of us who voted against him due to his gun control views and sucking up to the gun hating assholes like Brady and Feintard who are still wetting themselves over the fact they couldn't parlay 20+ dead children into an effective Jihad against our gun rights

**** Obama, that son of a bitch just needs to be impeached for the laundry list of abuses during his time occupying the White House, Holder needs to be tried right next to his sorry ass.

I'm waiting for that EO saying he can be King forever.

I'm waiting for that EO saying he can be King forever.
That would be a dumb move on his part, very dumb. Half the country and growing hates having him in the White House, he is losing support of even the Democrat base, and most people are just waiting things out until he is either removed or term limited. I do think if he tried to remain after prohibited it would start a wide scale insurrection.

That would be a dumb move on his part, very dumb. Half the country and growing hates having him in the White House, he is losing support of even the Democrat base, and most people are just waiting things out until he is either removed or term limited. I do think if he tried to remain after prohibited it would start a wide scale insurrection.

It would be dumb but he's such an elitist that if he tried, I wouldn't be surprised. Now, whether or not it worked is another thing.

It would be dumb but he's such an elitist that if he tried, I wouldn't be surprised. Now, whether or not it worked is another thing.
I think that would be the one thing above anything else guaranteed to bring indictments against him. I'm not a member of either party but know the Republicans would never let that one slide, and even the Democrats would be forced to do something in the face of that level of constitutional violation.

What a nasty little man.

I think that would be the one thing above anything else guaranteed to bring indictments against him. I'm not a member of either party but know the Republicans would never let that one slide, and even the Democrats would be forced to do something in the face of that level of constitutional violation.

Yes, I admit some hyperbole on my part.

Yes, I admit some hyperbole on my part.
Meh, not unfounded. Some on both sides have speculated that he is the type that "might" try something at the end of his second term. I'm not sure but hoping he isn't THAT stupid.

As usual, it is never the inability of the executive to enforce our current laws that gets any attention; Obama insists that we need more laws to not enforce. The WNY shooter held a security clearance, thus was obviously able to pass the basic NICS background check.

As usual, it is never the inability of the executive to enforce our current laws that gets any attention; Obama insists that we need more laws to not enforce. The WNY shooter held a security clearance, thus was obviously able to pass the basic NICS background check.
None of which should have been possible with his past, had someone somewhere held him accountable. At the least the shooter should have been involuntarily committed based on his instability and actions.

**** Obama, that son of a bitch just needs to be impeached for the laundry list of abuses during his time occupying the White House, Holder needs to be tried right next to his sorry ass.

well that would ruin the best ticket for the dems in 2016

Weiner-Holder-2016.jpg

i dont think obama realizes that military bases have the strictest gun control in the country,gun control levels that rival europes.

if hes making a case for more gun control,he used the worst possible example.

i dont think obama realizes that military bases have the strictest gun control in the country,gun control levels that rival europes.

if hes making a case for more gun control,he used the worst possible example.

I think he realizes it, it just doesn't fit his narrative to admit it and his crack publicity team knows what the gullible want to hear.

Back
Top Bottom